1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your sleep pattern effect your weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SparklingFairy, 12 August 2009 Social URL.

1. SparklingFairy

SparklingFairy Full Member

I seem to lose more weight when I go to bed at a normal time and get up early ish - but lately because of work I dont go to bed until around 4am and I'm getting up at 12-1pm, do you think this might slow down the metabolism?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    I know that we have a few shift workers at class who find night shift difficult, but I think it's because it's difficult getting their heads round when to eat their meals. Perhaps we have some folk on here who have experience.
  4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    When I joined SW last year I wasn't sleeping well at all and my weight losses were erratic (based on 'good SW' weeks).

Since re-joining this May, my losses have been steady and in 13 weeks I've only have only little gain and one STS.

Maybe it's co-incidence, but I now get 8hours a night as I go to bed much earlier (9pm as up 5.30 for work). I used to be hitting the hay at 11pm or thereabouts.

I feel much better in myself and like I said, this time SW is working much better for me. It might be that I am better at SW than I was before - or it might be that my body is getting it's needed rest :D

5. Tracybackinuk

Tracybackinuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I would say it definitely makes a difference. I am a life-long insomniac and the more tired I am, the more hungry I am. Now, I try to feed my hunger with healthy food (usually fruit while I am at work), whereas before SW, I used to allow my body to have high-fat, high-sugar foods. I am also more tired and hungry the day after going to the gym (exercise makes me tired but not sleepy, unfortunately).
  6. Andy R.

Andy R. Time for a change

Slimming World
    hey this ties in with my gremlins theory!!!:D I'm not so crazy after all MWUHAHAHAH!:eek:
  7. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    They do say that sleep makes a difference to weight loss and I personally find this to be true. A good sleep pattern and sound sleep helps me to feel better during the day to cope with things, but if I'm tired I wobble.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.