Does your sleep pattern effect your weight loss?

SparklingFairy

I seem to lose more weight when I go to bed at a normal time and get up early ish - but lately because of work I dont go to bed until around 4am and I'm getting up at 12-1pm, do you think this might slow down the metabolism?

I know that we have a few shift workers at class who find night shift difficult, but I think it's because it's difficult getting their heads round when to eat their meals. Perhaps we have some folk on here who have experience.

When I joined SW last year I wasn't sleeping well at all and my weight losses were erratic (based on 'good SW' weeks).

Since re-joining this May, my losses have been steady and in 13 weeks I've only have only little gain and one STS.

Maybe it's co-incidence, but I now get 8hours a night as I go to bed much earlier (9pm as up 5.30 for work). I used to be hitting the hay at 11pm or thereabouts.

I feel much better in myself and like I said, this time SW is working much better for me. It might be that I am better at SW than I was before - or it might be that my body is getting it's needed rest :D

xox

Hi, I would say it definitely makes a difference. I am a life-long insomniac and the more tired I am, the more hungry I am. Now, I try to feed my hunger with healthy food (usually fruit while I am at work), whereas before SW, I used to allow my body to have high-fat, high-sugar foods. I am also more tired and hungry the day after going to the gym (exercise makes me tired but not sleepy, unfortunately).

They do say that sleep makes a difference to weight loss and I personally find this to be true. A good sleep pattern and sound sleep helps me to feel better during the day to cope with things, but if I'm tired I wobble.

Back