does your weight effect how soon you see results?

debtin

Gold Member
hi everyone, just wondering if your current weight effects how soon you would see a change in your body from excercise? if you have more to lose would you see it differently or does it not really matter? must admit i am pretty impatient and thats what usually makes me "give in" and stop excercising as i dont see results quick enough or is it that i dont do it consitently long enough to give it a chance? wondering how everyone else notices it or feels?

i was exactly the same!!!! when i finally got my head into gear about 2 yrs ago i weighed 14st4lbs.and lost a stone and half on ww! but then got bored and stopped,didnt feel like i was seeing results quick enough,god knows how but i managed to keep the weight off.and here i am now trying to get rid of the rest! you need to think of it as a lifestyle change not just a diet! iv stopped punishing myself and feeling guilty when i go off plan now,and just get straight back on it the next day or whenever possible. your question reflects your impatience.and trust me,i was exactly the same!!
as to the exercise i think you will notice despite your size.the less fat you have the easier it is to see how well you are toning up,but even ladies with more weight to lose still notice,just in different places,calves,arms etc!
what is your exercise routine atm?? iv conquered the healthy eating,exercise i still struggle with, about 8 months ago i went to the gym religiously,nearly everyday for about 3 months, and was doing lots of cardio,treadmill,exercise bike,cross trainer etc.and my arms looked a lot more toned,legs on the other hand were absolutely huge!!!!! scared me that much i havent been since,and legs have gone back down to size,im going to give swimming a whirl though :) hope iv helped in some way xx

Back