Doesn't look like I can do CD!!

Flisson

Hi, my counsellor came today and whilst I was filling in the questionnaire I had to admit that I have gallstones and am having to lose about 2st in order to have my gall bladder removed. I have contacted my GP and he has refused to sign the form! So, without his consent I am scuppered!:cry::cry:

you could always try atkins - that is a diet that can also put you in ketosis. Its very hard though!

Sorry you couldnt get your forms signed, bummer :(

I've been on CD since Feb this year and found out in May I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed nearly 3 weeks ago now. CD is the perfect diet to be on if you have gallstones because it's low fat (as you know high fat food irritates them).
I checked with my doctor and my surgeon that it was ok to continue on my diet until I had my op and they both agreed it was the best thing for me to stay on it.
If your doctor won't sign the form (your not asking for his permission to go on the diet by the way, you're just asking for his signiture to confirm that he knows you're going on CD) you can always ask to see another doctor and see if they will sign it. If that doctor says no see another doctor and so on. Someone will sign it for you in the end as gallstones is not a major problem on this diet, I mean it's not like CD mixed with gallstones has any bad side affects, it only helped me if anything.
Hope this helps you hun.

Thats poo, I would try another doctor hun ;)

I was really surprised as I thought he would be glad I was doing something about my weight loss. I will try to see another partner in the practice and see if I have any joy xx

I've been on CD since Feb this year and found out in May I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed nearly 3 weeks ago now. CD is the perfect diet to be on if you have gallstones because it's low fat (as you know high fat food irritates them).
I checked with my doctor and my surgeon that it was ok to continue on my diet until I had my op and they both agreed it was the best thing for me to stay on it.
If your doctor won't sign the form (your not asking for his permission to go on the diet by the way, you're just asking for his signiture to confirm that he knows you're going on CD) you can always ask to see another doctor and see if they will sign it. If that doctor says no see another doctor and so on. Someone will sign it for you in the end as gallstones is not a major problem on this diet, I mean it's not like CD mixed with gallstones has any bad side affects, it only helped me if anything.
Hope this helps you hun.

Hi, thanks for your positive reply. Were you on SS as I'm not sure if my counsellor would put me on that anyway, she thinks I may have to go on the 1000 calorie programme and decrease it gradually. It's all going horribly wrong - I want to loose the weight before October and was really geared up to this.

Or the CD 810 Plan -- don't think you need a doctor's permission for that as a vlcd is anything under 800 cals per day.

you could always try atkins - that is a diet that can also put you in ketosis. Its very hard though!

Actually, Atkins will put you in stronger ketosis than CD. Also: Where do you get that it is hard? Have you read the Atkins Diet Handbook?

I have. It's not hard at all.

The weight loss just takes longer because it's much less strict than 3x shake/soup/bar a day.

Actually, Atkins will put you in stronger ketosis than CD. Also: Where do you get that it is hard? Have you read the Atkins Diet Handbook?

I have. It's not hard at all.

The weight loss just takes longer because it's much less strict than 3x shake/soup/bar a day.

I 'personally' found it difficult, and yes i did it a few years ago.:cool:

sorry to hear that hun, you could try a different doctor. they are all not the same. i had gallstones there 2/3yrs ago and had them out, there a pain in the @rse arnt they!! I can only see good in you wanting to do cd it will mean you get the weight of and can then have your op, hope you get something sorted :) :hug99: xx

god know how you feel hun! i recently got told i had gallstones when i was rushed into a&e in agony, but that was after i had finished cd, i wouldnt reccomend atkins because its all very fatty foods and lots of meat, dairy etc and thats the worst thing you could eat!

hope you get it sorted, why do you have to lose 2 stone to have your gallbladder removed though? surely if its causing you problems it shouldnt matter how much you weigh? i wasnt told to lose any weight xxx

Sorry to hear that. Definately try another dr. (Some really don't understand at all do they!)
I hope you get it sorted soon.

Re the SS: If you do SS+ will that work? All you have to do is "Add some skim milk in" and there you go. No doctor has to sign anything.

saraian24: How did you find it hard? Just curious. Was it the cooking of separate foods because you have a family? Or? If so, I know what you mean. The PSMF is hard for me because of that reason, so I went with CD just as an easier way to avoid cooking 2 meals 3x a day. :)

Hi, my counsellor came today and whilst I was filling in the questionnaire I had to admit that I have gallstones and am having to lose about 2st in order to have my gall bladder removed. I have contacted my GP and he has refused to sign the form! So, without his consent I am scuppered!:cry::cry:
Hiya hun, sorry your doc is being a pain. I'd def try another doc. You could approach it a different way, it's not actually a consent form they're signing, you aren't asking permission, you're just asking them to confirm that what you have put on the form about your medical history is correct.

god know how you feel hun! i recently got told i had gallstones when i was rushed into a&e in agony, but that was after i had finished cd, i wouldnt reccomend atkins because its all very fatty foods and lots of meat, dairy etc and thats the worst thing you could eat!

hope you get it sorted, why do you have to lose 2 stone to have your gallbladder removed though? surely if its causing you problems it shouldnt matter how much you weigh? i wasnt told to lose any weight xxx

Hi, was told to lose weight as they want to perform the op by keyhole as the recovery is far quicker, and the consultant was really narky about it aswell "We've performed all these expensive tests on you, you can do something to help yourself now" were his words - nice man eh? On a lighter note - spoke to another Dr this afternoon and he told me to pop the form in and after reading it, if he is able to sign it he will but there is a charge.

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. Yes I was on SS at the time and never had anything but good side affects from doing it. I really can't see any reason for you not doing SS when you have gallstones after all the diet was originally designed to help people lose weight quickly before having surgery.
It still shocks me when people come on here and say their doctor refused to sign the form, considering how much training and education these doctors have you'd think they would look into the diet more before becoming judge, jury and executioner (I'll get off my soap box now! :D).

Last edited:
Back