Dog breath

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by unreal83, 23 May 2008.

1. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

I woke up today with the most rancid taste in my mouth and I bet my breath does not smell too great either!!!:sign0137:

I have a mouth spray which i keep spraying but when that wears off the taste creeps back! Its like something has died in my gut!

I am so worried about talking too closely to people!!
  2. misscheeky

misscheeky Well-Known Member

i always worry about it to. I try and stand as far back as poss from people and im always chewing chewing gum :)

becky xx
  3. Jue xx

Jue xx Well-Known Member

Yes, for me this is definately the biggest down-side of doing the CD. I suffer really badly with bad breath (so my husband keeps telling me - at least he's honest!), and as my job is a medical rep, visiting surgeons and theatre nurses all day, it's not good! I keep a bottle of mouth wash in the car in the desperate hope that it might help, but I do get really paranoid about it.
  4. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Can anyone give the reason for this? I mean - I know its ketones coming out, but why do they smell so bad?

Here comes the science bit!
  5. Jue xx

Jue xx Well-Known Member

Ketones (in particular, acetone, which is a ketone - I remember this from my chemistry classes), are the chemicals used in nail-varnish remover. Ketotic breath actually smells like nail varnish remover! Yuk, no wonder people are keeping their distance!
  6. misscheeky

misscheeky Well-Known Member

i think drinking lots of water helps aswell keep it down:D
  7. LucyLou

LucyLou Well-Known Member

Oh God! Ive got it too. Such a vile taste in my mouth!

I didnt know that chewing gum is allowed?? I have a toothbrush and toothpaste in work and mouthwash but its still gank :jelous:

Can we have any mints? What about those listerine strips??
  8. Loopy!

Loopy! Well-Known Member

You can chew gum but they reccomend that you do it for short periods as chewing could set off your cravings.

9. apia08

apia08 Well-Known Member

How long does that last? How funny I thought I could smell nail vanish remover lately.. it must be oozing out of me. Going to carry mini mouth wash whereever I go..