Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hi everyone! Not too sure which thread to use within the 5:2 section! Going to repeat myself anyway lol :D I've been doing Slimming world for over a year and it's a great plan but towards the end, I was going slightly over syns and as such, the scales weren't my friend. Just completed my first 5:2 week and I'm 4lbs down..yay! I still have 3 meals a day and don't get really hungry until bed time, when I just go to sleep anyway! Looking forward to chatting to you all xx

It's been fine :) just having my 'treat' - fudge highlights (40cals) and one Reeses cup miniature (44cals). Yum. Total calories for the day 507 - think I'll be ok with 7 over ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done for just having 1 mini Reeses cup. That is total dedication. I can't buy PB cups, I don't eat them so much as inhale them. I LOVE that combo of PB and choc. Nommy, salty/sweet goodness.

So it's 12.30 and I've fasted for 17 hours & I'm about to have my pasta lunch. Smells delicious and for 185 cals it's well worth it! The pic shows its actually more than you would think.

Oooh! Do you have recipe for this? For 185 cals it looks great! xx

EDIT: Just read back in the thread and found your MFP image :D

Last edited:
on a feast day today but not really eaten much as my little boy rolled off a seat in a cafe and landed face down and I still feel physically sick and mega guilty for taking my eyes off him for a second! (Rolling over is a very new skill for him) He was absolutely fine - just shocked but I had visions of picking him up and his face being all messed up with a broken nose! Felt like a right unfit mother - think he's forgotten all about it and there isnt a mark on him - he is probably just wondering why the bloody hell I keep kissing him hahaha! Glass of wine needed I think!

On a positive note after 7 months of wearing the same 2 bloody dresses and leggings in the hope of fitting into my pre pregnancy jeans I've finally bought a pair of size 14 jeans! Was adamant I would not buy bigger jeans but I love them - so missed wearing jeans (the afore mentioned dresses are going in the bin sick of the sight of them) hopefully will still get in the 12s but at least I have something decent to wear in the meantime:) hope everyone has a lovely evening x x

Oh I love Pizza Hut! I had Mexican last night and its really not agreed with me, had a dodgy yummy all night.
Hope you're ok after your event in the cafe, even if you kept your eyes on kids 24/7 I think sometimes you can't stop things happening - I watched a child fall off a chair yesterday (he's 1 and a half) but I couldn't get there in time. Don't beat yourself up about it, he's ok that's the main thing :) xx

2226 calories consumed yesterday - hahaha! 4 glasses of wine didn't help that! Oh well it was a meal for my birthday and I enjoyed it :)
Think I might try and do a 1000 cal day tomorrow, then 500 on Monday. My bf is on a course tomorrow so we're not doing anything, and 1000 cals won't feel like a difficult day I don't think. Won't set it on stone but I'm definitely planning it to be a low cal day.

Well, I`m back from the far east (Lowestoft!! ha! ha!).
Ready to give this 5:2 a go. Seriously need to do some shopping so won`t be starting til Monday.
Plan to have WW ready meals on the fasting days to help me stay on track. Not sure about the other days yet.
Do you have to count calories on them as well? Gonna try not to muck it up!!

I've tried to keep an eye on the calories on feast days and try to stick to 1500 ish, but yesterday I had 2229 cals haha because I went out for a birthday dinner! I would reccomend trying to keep track though.
Hope you enjoyed your break, did Lowestoft get any snow mon/tues? Hope it didn't! Good luck with weigh in x

tonianne said:
I've tried to keep an eye on the calories on feast days and try to stick to 1500 ish, but yesterday I had 2229 cals haha because I went out for a birthday dinner! I would reccomend trying to keep track though.
Hope you enjoyed your break, did Lowestoft get any snow mon/tues? Hope it didn't! Good luck with weigh in x

I track my cals but just watch them over the week, so some days 2000, others 1300, but keep an eye on the weekly average

We did have snow mon & tues as well as biting wind. It was BLEEP freezing!! Wasn`t too bad from wed onwards.

Had my wi, just as bad as I thought. Put on 5.5lbs.

Hope 5:2 will help sort me out. Need to get my brain working!!

I'm new to 5:2. Started tracking my calories yesterday but my fast days are going to be a monday and a thursday. inputting cals on mfp is so time consuming but worth it i guess :p I did Cambridge for a while a few years ago so hoping fast days won't prove too difficult for me but I'm not working at the mo so gonna have to try and keep busy on those days lol :p

this seems to be one of the more active threads so thought i'd just pop in and say hi :)

Lisa x

MissLala said:
I'm new to 5:2. Started tracking my calories yesterday but my fast days are going to be a monday and a thursday. inputting cals on mfp is so time consuming but worth it i guess :p I did Cambridge for a while a few years ago so hoping fast days won't prove too difficult for me but I'm not working at the mo so gonna have to try and keep busy on those days lol :p

this seems to be one of the more active threads so thought i'd just pop in and say hi :)

Lisa x

Hi, I usually fast mon and thurs too :)

Welcome Lisa :) I am going to fast on Monday this week, too :) Good luck!

Anyone fasted today? Can't imagine so what with it being the weekend haha :p I know I couldn't do it! x

I'm fasting Monday too :) and then again Wednesday. I'm going to try and have only 1200 calories today as the last two days have been really bad ones.
Going to make a nice quiche for lunch -SW recipe with no crust :)

Have just spent the last hour or so hoovering my flat with just the hose on a dyson as my Hoover is broken and I don't have the stick bit for the dyson, it's in storage still, so that was interesting and my arms now ache!

Last edited:
Honestly it's knackering! Only live in a small 2 bed flat but hoovering 4 rooms using only the hose is tiring! I'm now onto scrubbing the kitchen floor, then tackling the bathroom!

Back