Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hi everyone, thought I'd like to join this band of happy SW 5:2ers.....
I'm SWing with 3 fast days, have been since middle of November, (18 weeks) and have lost 18lb since combing the 2 - I know it doesn't sound like a huge amount, but I've always been happy with a 1lb a week, having said that, I have had 3 gains in that time - a week away on business - loads of free food & drink on expenses, Christmas/New Year, and a family week off where I ate & drank everything in sight , unrestricted, certainly not SW friendly and without any fasting, so, it could have been better if I'd been on track completely!!

I'm eating all SW meals, and aim for 100syns per week - foodwise, it's really not a problem, but I do like my beer, whiskey & cider!!!
I know if I didn't fast, I would have only 70syns a week, and would drink that on a Friday night down the pub!! So having the extra lets me have the odd few treats on top, although, I must admit, sometimes I eat SW meals, and don't count any syns at all

I fast completely Sun, Tues & Thurs, I eat my evening meal, and supper on my feast day, and do not eat again until breakfast on my next feast day, so that's around 30-36 hours.
On my fast days I have black coffee, diet drinks, herbal tea and bovril.

I too look forward to my fast days, and as I said, am more than happy with a small average loss of a 1lb a week.
I don't bother with MFP, as its all a bit of a faff, the advantage of SW is the lack of weighing stuff (except healthy extras & syns if course)

I eat plenty, and am never hungry with SW, but I know, like others have posted that, once I start to eat, I would want to continue, hence not eating on at all on a DD - it's just easier for me.

Anyway, feast day today, hope you're all having a good day, whether you're feasting or fasting (I call them up days & down days lol)
Deb

MrsB2B said:
Well I've eaten kebabs, pizza and chips, wine, sausage sandwich and McDonald's this weekend. Did 2 fast days and stuck to 1200cals for the other week days, not been to the gym either and I've STS.
Maybe this diet does work, as if I'd have been flowing SW still I'm sure I'd have had a big gain.

Loads of salt there and alcohol so prob retaining water

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tonianne said:
I weighed myself this morning after 3 feast days and am up 2lbs, just hoping I can claw that back this week but I doubt it because its my birthday tomorrow so I'm out for a few meals this week!

I'm usually up 2-3 days after my feast days, oddly this week I've weighed the same everyday but normally I fluctuate a lot.

Week 7 or 8 for me now, have lost count, fast day today so fasted from 6pm last night and will go through to about 6.30pm tonight

might stick to just my courgette "noodles" then

Managed the fast day after all thought i was going to fail at lunch time which is unusual for me to feel hungry so early in the day

Just had a lovely chai tea with lemon might have another to keep me going to dinner good for the SW too as it's superspeed, chosen foods that are SW friendly so I'm keeping to the SW principles whilst fasting......

Hi debridger,

Welcome to the thread.

Sounds like it's going we'll for you. 1lb per week is a good loss for me too. I've never lost much each week, even when at my heaviest. I've had a small gain this week (only my second week) so it's good to know you had some gains in there but overall have come down a lot. Cheers me up a bit about keeping going. :)

I fast completely Sun, Tues & Thurs, I eat my evening meal, and supper on my feast day, and do not eat again until breakfast on my next feast day, so that's around 30-36 hours.
On my fast days I have black coffee, diet drinks, herbal tea and bovril.

Do you not eat the 500cals on your fasting day then? Isn't that encouraging your body to go into 'starvation mode'? I know there's some debate about whether that exists. Obviously the method is working for you though :)

It's good to hear that it is normal to for your weight to fluctuate so much between feast and fast days! I was gutted this morning but hoping after a few fast days that will come back down. Debridger that's a great loss well done although I don't know how you go without any food at all on your fast days! I try not eat til early evening but definitely look forwards to that meal. Tonight we are having smoked haddock with a jacket potato and fried leeks - even got a few cals leftover for a cheeky bit of lurpak on the jacket if I fancy mmmm excited:) in work tomorrow I'm dreading it! (I've been off since July on mat leave and doing a few keep in touch days for some extra pennies) gotta get up at 6 to get my son to my dads then at work for 9 (I have a 40 mile commute boo!) - I don't know how people fit in motherhood and work hahaha! Looking forwards to catching up with everyone though and having a bit of adult company for a change:) hope everybody is having a good day x x x

Hello ladies, I'm considering doing SW and combining it with 5:2 (using my vlcd products for fasting days to make calorie counting easier on fast days). I have about 13lbs to lose to reach goal but I have to say I am "scared" of gain and also don't wont' to plod and maintain like Ihave been doing during January and February. Not sure if I fully understand how SW works and the "free foods" sound like a bit of a misnomer to me! That's said you all seem to be doing very well!

Welcome everyone :)

Seems like everyone's sticking to plan, even if they've gained! Good :) I think some gains are expected - all depends on what day of the week you weigh, I think!! For example, if you're weighing after a feast day it's guaranteed to be more than if you weighed after a fast day :) Also - make sure you're drinking plenty on both fast and feast days as water retention can make you gain :)

Having my first fast day and I'm not sure it agrees with me haha! Have the worst head ache ever :( Usually get head aches with hunger. Am going to take some paracetamol and then start cooking my dinner so fingers crossed it goes soon :)

Sticking to it despite wanting to eat all the chocolate in the world! Determined to show myself I CAN do this :) Day off tomorrow so defo going to feast! Pancakes for breakfast, I think :) x

Hello all!!

Welcome to newbies to this thread!! :)
Been reading through todays posts. Sorry to hear about the gains hopefully they`ll sort themselves out :)

On the my first fasting day. While I am actually doing pretty good, I am starting to have food on the brain!!
As it`s my first week, I`m having ww ready meals on my fasting days til I get the hang of it.
Maybe next week I`ll fell confident to have "proper" food next week.

Also fasting on Wednesday. Granddaughter`s birthday on Thursday and I`m in town on Friday for an eye test. So want to keep those two days as feast days.

Haven`t yet decided which days will be my fast days next week!!

Probs do Wed as my second fast day this week was going to be Thurs but the kids are off school and I'll have to keep topping them up with food.

Next week will be hard I'm seeing a friend Mon and Tues, hoping Tuesday maybe will be the day then Thurs definately a fast day, gonna be hard the week after with all that chocolate in the house, have to get a huge bag of salad in lol

My second day of fasting will be Wednesday because tomorrow is my birthday which means cake, a naughty lunch and an even naughtier dinner! Then I'm out for lunch Thursday as a belated birthday thing. To be honest if I get a birthday cake I might have to make this week a right off as I absolutely love the stuff. But we'll see ;)

Hey guys! Do you mind if I join u? I have messed about with slimming world too long and can't get into it! I know it's easy if u get stuck in to it but I can't seem to. Going to do my first fast day tomorrow so any tips will be welcome :) also does anybody know how many calories in a banana? Thank u!xx

Hi Henri welcome. I had a banana the other day and it was 120cals (it was huge!) if you download Mfp it tells you calories for pretty much everything. I've only done a few fast days myself so I'm no expert but I prefer saving my calories for one decent meal in the evening and just drink diet coke and flavoured teas to get me through the day. Good luck for tomorrow x x

My second day of fasting will be Wednesday because tomorrow is my birthday which means cake, a naughty lunch and an even naughtier dinner! Then I'm out for lunch Thursday as a belated birthday thing. To be honest if I get a birthday cake I might have to make this week a right off as I absolutely love the stuff. But we'll see ;)

Hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow and diets definitely don't count in birthday weeks:) x

Back down to last weeks weigh in weight after fast day, phew.
Now to enjoy my birthday and my cake yum!

Back