Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Thanks for the ideas girls! Will have to cfonvince him that veg and quorn are good for him!!:)

Cauliflower rice? How does that work? Sorry to sound stupid!!

Don`t want to spend a fortune!!

Just remember that McDonald's is rubbish and you would having been starving half an hour later anyway:)

Too right. Well I resisted it, came home and prepared salad. Am feeling quite a lot better now. Low cal hot chocolate later for a treat then bed. Glad I didn't give in to temptation (the smell was good though!).

:)

I usually take some ham and cous cous or chicken breast with me to McDonalds if I'm taking the kids and order a Garden side salad and diet coke, then slip my goodies in whilst no one is looking...

If you're taking the kids out for a treat Burger King is a good option as one of the childrens meals comes out free on SW if you swap the fries for the apple sticks and have diet coke ;)

Stick woth it hun grab a diet coke or black coffee

Tonights dilema was going to cook sausages and Mash for dinner but hubs went to the chippy for him and the kids, I had my soup and a tiny taste of kebab meat, no worries well under what I've got to spare.... so now what to have for dinner hmmm?

not cooking sausage and mash for myself I'm doing it tomorrow night now (proper sausage on a feast day yay) and I can't get inspired over my quorn sausages which I unfortunately defrosted just as hubs came in, so what to have instead? Answers on a postcard please ;) haha

Fortunately we did the drive through (she's not keen on going inside) so I had to concentrate on driving. Good plan with the salad though. I'll have to remember that.

How did you manage with the smell of fish and chips? Now that's will power! :) well done.

Thanks for the ideas girls! Will have to cfonvince him that veg and quorn are good for him!!:)

Cauliflower rice? How does that work? Sorry to sound stupid!!

Don`t want to spend a fortune!!

Crumple a dry stock cube over the quorn before you cook it add paprika then turn the gas on and keep turning it until cooked, I only buy quorn on special offer as it is expensive.

The cauliflower rice is simple you just take a floret and kind of run the knife over it sawing at it almost so you end up with tiny crumbs of cauli (sorry I'm not good at explaining things) that look like rice. Microwave it for a few mins till soft then use it as rice. It sounds weird but with a curry you don't really notice its not rice after the first mouthfull. I use it on SW Red days if I fancy curry

Made quorn shepherds pie in the end with pan fried cabbage.. which came in at 265 calories believe it or not.... nicer than a ready meal tasted too and the same amounts of cals :eek:

100grams quorn mince (cooked with oxo cube paprika and onion powder with a little hot water to stop it sticking) 117 cal
200g Instant mash 120 Cal

Cook the quorn and herbs then top with the potato and pop under the grill for 10 mins

100g cabbage bolied then pan fried with fry light and salt and pepper 17 cals

Oxo gravy 12cals

Really filling and there seemed loads of it, more than enough to fill me up

Well stayed the same weight wise but considering I put on 4lbs over the weekend I'm quite glad to be back at 10st7 - will be doing a part fast on Friday and not got much planned this weekend so hopefully I will see a bigger loss next week! Off to work now! Hope everyone has a good day x x

Second fast day of the week for me! Finn Crisps and EL Laughing Cow, WM Pasta with Mushrooms, Spinach and Garlic & Herb Philli Light, Half a pot of Morrocan Chicken Soup, Apple and Grape Snack Bag and a Jelly pot. All with 19 cals to spare ;) Have a good day everyone xx

Second fast day of the week for me! Finn Crisps and EL Laughing Cow, WM Pasta with Mushrooms, Spinach and Garlic & Herb Philli Light, Half a pot of Morrocan Chicken Soup, Apple and Grape Snack Bag and a Jelly pot. All with 19 cals to spare ;) Have a good day everyone xx

That sounds lovely. It's surprising how much you can have for 500cals!

That sounds lovely. It's surprising how much you can have for 500cals!

Isn't it just! I've been pleasently suprised since I started at how much you can get for 500 cals :) x

3rd fast day yesterday and it was easiest yet! Had chilli chicken noodle salad was gorgeous and a light choice hotpot that wasn't too bad, loving this "diet" at the minute :) x

3rd fast day yesterday and it was easiest yet! Had chilli chicken noodle salad was gorgeous and a light choice hotpot that wasn't too bad, loving this "diet" at the minute :) x

That's a lovely salad isn't it! Less cals to make your own salad up but I find them very boring usually..that one just has so much flavour :D xx

Hi Folks - just thought I'd say hi - I've been on the other thread a little bit already.....

Fast day today and I'm saving all my cals for tea, first time I've done this as I usually have breakfast but thought I'd try something different. No losses as yet and I've been on it for three weeks. Not put on either. Calories have been betweek 1200 and 1800 on feast days. here's hoping things change soon.

Oh and just a note on quorn - I actually much prefer tesco or asda's own meat free meat for chilli and you can usually get them 2 packs for £3

Does anyone know if I can eat more than 500cals on a fast day if I burn it off through exercise so my net intake is still 500 or less?

I had a feast day yesterday and stuck to 1200cals but with my PT session at the gym my net was only 515!
Wondering if I should be eating my exercise cals or not.

I go to a boxing gym so its some resistance but mainly really high impact cardio, its a killer and I was shaking afterwards but its good!

Ooh I really need to go to the gym again!! Actually love working up a sweat and pushing myself, it's just getting up and going that's the issue!

Was supposed to be fasting today but by the time I got home was feeling so faint and was seeing stars that I just gave in and ate :( Don't know if fasting is going to work for me! Will give it another go next week though x

Back