Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Jen - i did try c25k, but then i stopped.. might have to give it a go again!
Toni - just checked your diary on MFP, you do get an aweful lot of food in for 500 when you plan! Might have to steal some of your ideas :p

That's because otherwise I think I'd go crazy through hunger! I haven't had the chocolate that's on MFP yet, saving that for this evening when I get the munchies :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-605812580.jpg
    image-605812580.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 87
After yesterday's fast day I'm down to 12st 0.5lb this morning. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 12st 3.5lb - that means since 18th March I've put on 6lbs! I honestly think I'm never going to be one of those people that can just eat what they like because i put weight of so easily! So yesterday's fast got rid of 3lbs of that, thankfully! Normal day today, I really fancy a cheese and pickle sandwich so I've got that for lunch, then pasta bake for dinner. Will calorie count on MFP today to make sure I don't go over 1200-1500 for the day.
Next fast day is tomorrow, please let me back in the 11's by Saturday, even if its 0.25lb in!

Have a great DD ladies. x x

Last edited:
Morning ladies, Hi Jen welcome aboard xx

Fast day for me today, should be easy as I have a full day with my hospital appointment (finally), taking the kids to town etc, but I know they're going to want to go to Maccy d's, thats fine as I don't usually have anything when I take them or I have a salad, but it's going to be hard not resisting a chip or too and breaking the fasting part of the day... yikes...

Have a good day ladies xx

I'm fasting today too and my stomach has just had a bit of a rumble?! Really odd, I don't usually have any hunger pangs until at least 11am. Will be ignoring it for now though! Lunch is 3 x finn crisps and low low spread and a packet of velvert crunch. Tea is quorn cottage pie and for a snack when I need it, Lemon alpen light :)

After yesterday's fast day I'm down to 12st 0.5lb this morning. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 12st 3.5lb - that means since 18th March I've put on 6lbs! I honestly think I'm never going to be one of those people that can just eat what they like because i put weight of so easily! So yesterday's fast got rid of 3lbs of that, thankfully! Normal day today, I really fancy a cheese and pickle sandwich so I've got that for lunch, then pasta bake for dinner. Will calorie count on MFP today to make sure I don't go over 1200-1500 for the day.
Next fast day is tomorrow, please let me back in the 11's by Saturday, even if its 0.25lb in!

I'm in the same boat, my scales haven't been friendly since the 4 day long weekend, which was very indulgent for my birthday weekend. Gained quite a bit, sneak peaked this morning and I was back down to 13.10 so hoping after a Fast day today, I can at least be 13.9 tomorrow which would be a STS. Good luck!

I hope you ladies don't mind me joining your fast thread. I have regained 7lbs after getting to goal and they are been incredibly stubborn to move, so I am trying a 5:2 fast to hopefully jolt my body in to weight loss. Today is my first fast day, apart from herbal teas, coffee, water and a homemade veg soup (80 cals) nothing shall pass my lips until 5pm tonight (I stopped eating at 5pm last night.) I know if I start eating now it will make me want to eat all day so I am best sticking with liquids.
Tea will be (skinless) roast chicken and veg and a punnet of raspberries.
I have been up since 5am (I have a toddler) and so far so good... I have had two cups of ginger and lemon tea plus a pint of water... tummy is rumbling a bit though lol.

Have a great DD ladies. x x

Welcome! Hope you have a great first day :)

Fast day today for me! Good job as im soooo busy at work today dont have time for food anyways! haha.. water all day for me until about 7pm when ill be having rice with aubergine curry! Yum cant wait :D
STS for me today after feast day yday. first time since starting my WL journey that im faced with STS's .. iv always either had a gain or a loss. not that im complaining. yday did SW but i did sneakily eat half a millies cookie (wish i had the whole one now!)

Toni I. Sure you will definitely be back into the 11s after your next fast hold in there. Welcome deliciousboo hope you enjoy your first fast day:)

Right it's my 30th birthday party next Friday and I was meant to be under 10stone by then and I'm miles off (well 6lbs) so this next week I'm going to be an angel food and drink wise (except Saturday when I'm on a hen do) and get my arse in gear and start running again! I'm aiming to do exercise everyday - gong spinning tonight (bit worried about it being on a fast day but its only half an hour so should be ok) I'm also going to try and swap my diet coke intake for water and see if that makes a difference. I'm aiming for a minimum 3lb loss by this time next week. Think I'm gonna do 3 fast days if I can manage it. Here goes.........

I am quite hungry now and I am just starting to prepare family a lunch of grilled bacon and egg on toast; I must be mad. :)

Must be the weather or something I'm starving and that is so unusual for me.... going to be hard to keep the hunger pangs at bay today... plus point the kids are too lazy to want to go to Maccy D's today yay

11.45 now...1hr 45 mins until I can have my dinner lol!! No way could I go until the evening like some people do, different things work for different people of course though :D

lol JJ im not having mine till 7pm! i find it easy, as long as im kept busy. if i was at home i would have scoffed my face by now! lol

I've now inhaled my dinner :D God did I enjoy it!

I am still digging deep until teatime at 5 o'clock so I can have a full 24hr fast. Stomach has given up rumbling and seems to have gone to sleep. In fact I have gone from energetic to sleepy... so I am sat here with a new herbal tea. It's ginger, orange, liquorice and vanilla from Yogi Tea and I must admit it is very nice... I am hoping it revives me a bit too. Keep up the good work ladies. x x

Oooh that tea sounds delicious... I'm going to have to get some to try I love stuff like that dont know if I could do a full 24 hour fast my trouble is I always end up eating someting for supper else I get hungry and can't sleep which is something I'm going to work on making sure I have all my food before a certain time

So I had a physio appointment today and of course weight came up in the assessment and she said "Why don't you try the 5:2 diet with your lack of weight loss being what it is" Apparantly she's looked at the research and whatever and knows people who have done it lost weight and maintained

ultra - its good to know that actual professionals are suggesting it.. makes it feel a bit more normal haha, although i have to admit i do love 5:2, its so flexible and really not that hard to maintain!
Boo - mines given up on rumbling too.. generally does that when it gets to about 2pm, i dont get home till 6pm anyways so really i only have an hour in between to think about food! lol
JJ - lucky you! lol

Back