Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

I had 600cals yesterday, but with my gym workout my net was 34!!
Fasting today and manage to only have a pot of jelly so far today. Looking forward to my tea tonight tho!
Was completely off plan last week and put 3lb on so trying to be really good this week.

Morning all. Fasting again today hurrah - had an epic fail last night - resisted the wine til 1030 but then proceeded to drink the entire bottle (watching lord of the rings - we were up late - very much regretting it now as my son is up all bright eyed and wanting to play!) so calories for the day were well over 2000 oops! starving this morning as well! Aghh well onwards and upwards. No food now til this evening when I'm making salmon with roast potatoes and brocolli. Happy fasting to anyone else out there today x x

WI today and have only lost 0.5lbs. WL has completely slowed down, so i may increase my calories and cut out one fast day a week to see if that makes any changes. I know it sounds backwards, but after looking at my calories, im hardly hitting 1000 cals per day and thats not including the calories i burn with exercise!

Blimey yeah sounds like you're well under what you should be eating - go and eat cake now:) I don't seem to have much control on eating days - I'm good all day but then in the evening the wine and snacks come out! I'm out on Friday night so gonna try and be good til then! Think I. Gonna try and start following sw again and see if that helps me stay in control! Anyway off for a big drink of water and a diet coke to try and stop my tummy rumbling!

The only time i cant control myself with eating is Friday evenings, saturdays and sundays, saturdays being my worst. But i dont think i eat enough to account for more than 2000 calories! This saturday, i had cereal for breakfast with some bikkies, then some fish and oven baked chips for lunch and for dinner i had grilled chicken with chips and spicy rice and a can of coke.

Missperi your Saturday sounds positively angelic in comparison to mine haha! A miracle happened tonight and i Finally went for a run! Only 2.5k but its the first time I've got off my bum cheeks to do something! Also did 100 squats and sit-ups (failed the squat challenge over the weekend again so given up on that!) fasted today and currently at 532kcal but the boyo has brought snacks and wine into the house! Gonna watch games of thrones ten send myself to bed before I get tempted! Night all x

Missperi your Saturday sounds positively angelic in comparison to mine haha! A miracle happened tonight and i Finally went for a run! Only 2.5k but its the first time I've got off my bum cheeks to do something! Also did 100 squats and sit-ups (failed the squat challenge over the weekend again so given up on that!) fasted today and currently at 532kcal but the boyo has brought snacks and wine into the house! Gonna watch games of thrones ten send myself to bed before I get tempted! Night all x

Well done on the run! Hope you managed to resist the wine and snacks. Fast day for me today.

Haha thanks - I stayed away from the wine but did have a few mini poppadoms - took my daily intake to 620 for the day so not too bad. Trying for anther fast day today too as Im out tomorrow night for a 3 course meal and probably lots of drinks so its damage limitation! Possibly doing half an hour spinning later depending on how I'm feeling (bit worried about 2 very low cal days and then exercise!) scales say 10.6 today so not sure I'm gonna lose anything this week (lowest has been 10.5) definitely gonna do sw next week on feast days to get me back into it. Happy fasting x x

Whoop 1lb down for me today - this has involved 2 full fasts and a part fast yesterday but still worth the effort I think to see those scales move again! Gonna hold off eating for as long as possible today but then have the weekend off - hopefully not go too ridiculous though. Have a great weekend everyone x

Whoop 1lb down for me today - this has involved 2 full fasts and a part fast yesterday but still worth the effort I think to see those scales move again! Gonna hold off eating for as long as possible today but then have the weekend off - hopefully not go too ridiculous though. Have a great weekend everyone x

Well done. Really good news. Unfortunately I've put on 0.4lbs, which is not too much but is disappointing. It may be because I'm approaching TOTM so I'll keep at it.

:-(

Thanks seacrest. I know it's not much, I had hoped to lose though. :) I do tend to find if I've had a good week it takes a week to show and the loss always lags behind. So if I keep going it should get better (I'll also try to have a giant pee before I next weight in lol).

taz1971

Hi ladies, great Idea Laura setting up a second home for us ;)

The few times I've done 5:2 I've stuck to slimming world on feast days, I can't see the point of pigging out 5 days a week, I'm used to doing SW anyway, like you Toni I need the structure of SW as I know I'll just scoff crap all day cause I'm "allowed" to. I planned menus around dinner WW meal and veg then worked back caloriewise, kept back a few cals for a snack later on in the evening and for some hot chocolate so I didn't feel deprived, also made sure I had carrots and cucumber to snack on as I cooked dinner...

Personally I find it easier to have nothing other than water diet pepsi or black coffee all day as I know once I eat it kinda wakes my stomach up and I wouldn't be able to stick to it, everyones different though so the first couple of times is a learning curve.. on the upside once I'd eaten I didn't feel hungry and the next morning I didn't feel ravenous or want to fill my face all day with junk, so just stuck to red days. Plan a busy day to distract you and its half the battle won,

hi,I'm very new to this forum in fact any forum..anyway i like your idea of sticking to the s/w food on your norm days.
I'm trying to get my head around what i should be eating on fast days as the books menus for ladies I'm not too fussed about so I'm struggling a bit with what to have..any ideas?
I've been doing s/w for a yr and a half and initially lost 2st but since Xmas have put bk on 12lb..gutted and the worst of it is i cant get myself bk!
I'm 41 and have never been this light 10,10lb EVER! Loved getting down to 9,9.6lb..typical me goes and blows it!!
Anyway I'm really liking all the comments from everyone and will enjoy and offers of help with this 5:2 "diet" .
Cheers everyone, Kerry.

Hi everyone, I was absent from the site all last week as I was poorly. Had three days of not being able to keep anything down but dried banana (???) but somehow I've still managed to put on 2lbs. Feeling quite disheartened today but I'm going to catch up on the threads and hopefully feel motivated by all of your good results. Fasting today. Good luck to everyone else who is too and congrats on all the losses!

Hi everyone, I was absent from the site all last week as I was poorly. Had three days of not being able to keep anything down but dried banana (???) but somehow I've still managed to put on 2lbs. Feeling quite disheartened today but I'm going to catch up on the threads and hopefully feel motivated by all of your good results. Fasting today. Good luck to everyone else who is too and congrats on all the losses!

Sorry you had a rough week. I shouldn't worry about the weight increase if I were you - your body is messing you about because you've been poorly. It will probably right itself in another week. Hope you have a good fast day and feel better. :)

Sorry you have been unwell manicdeb - hope you're feeling much better. Ive been fasting today and just had a lovely sw chilli with chickpeas, kidney beans and rice - proper full up now- came in slightly over the 500 but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Tomorrow I plan on snacking on fruit and yoghurt through the day and then burgers for tea - extra lean mince with chopped onion and garlic. 2 x small whole meal roll (heb) sprinkle of cheddar cheese and salad (maybe a bit of hellmans extra light as well - will work out syns tomorrow!) 2 weeks til my trip to Wales - would love to be 10st by then but that would mean losing 4lbs! Don't have overly high hopes - maybe if i squeeze a few runs in. Anyway will stop waffling now - hope you are all having a lovely evening x

That will come right back off now you are up and about.

Sorry you have been unwell manicdeb - hope you're feeling much better. Ive been fasting today and just had a lovely sw chilli with chickpeas, kidney beans and rice - proper full up now- came in slightly over the 500 but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Tomorrow I plan on snacking on fruit and yoghurt through the day and then burgers for tea - extra lean mince with chopped onion and garlic. 2 x small whole meal roll (heb) sprinkle of cheddar cheese and salad (maybe a bit of hellmans extra light as well - will work out syns tomorrow!) 2 weeks til my trip to Wales - would love to be 10st by then but that would mean losing 4lbs! Don't have overly high hopes - maybe if i squeeze a few runs in. Anyway will stop waffling now - hope you are all having a lovely evening x
Fingers crossed for a good loss before your trip :)

Back