Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hey girls!

The last time I was on here I was done to 12.13. Then I lost a pound to 12.12 & then went a bit mad the last 2 weeks! So I haven't had a WI since!!

It's mad, but I really do fine ye all motivating! Like in the 2 wks I haven't been on-line...lets just say I've eaten a LOT!! But I find when I check in daily, I'm way more motivated! So thanks a million Girls :)

SS xx

Hi guys! Wondering if I can join? Just completed my first fast day, total of 505kcal. And it was surprisingly easy. Im mot a big breakfast person so I skipped it.and had a cuppa instead. I fasted from 11pm last night until 3pm today, hope Im doing it right? Kept my fluids up and felt fine :) feeling really confident. It seems quite quiet on the 5:2 forum! X

Hi guys! Wondering if I can join? Just completed my first fast day, total of 505kcal. And it was surprisingly easy. Im mot a big breakfast person so I skipped it.and had a cuppa instead. I fasted from 11pm last night until 3pm today, hope Im doing it right? Kept my fluids up and felt fine :) feeling really confident. It seems quite quiet on the 5:2 forum! X

Hi hun, fast days surprised me too. Can quite easily go without breakfast and lunch and have a nice 500 calorie dinner. You do need a true 24hrs tho, I think. So 11pm - 11pm the next day. Hope that helps, good luck! Def drink lots to avoid headaches xx

I've been instructed by my consultant to stop the fasting as my stomach ulcers have increased and fasting is the only thing I've done different recently.

Back to SW for me but keep it up everyone it's really positive hearing such good results you're all having and it helped me lose 7lbs

Hi ladies bit of advice needed please :) i'm doing 5:2 combined with slimming world do i count syns on my fast day haven't had a lot but don't want it making a difference at the end of the wk if i don't count them thanks in advance

Hi ladies bit of advice needed please :) i'm doing 5:2 combined with slimming world do i count syns on my fast day haven't had a lot but don't want it making a difference at the end of the wk if i don't count them thanks in advance

I never have! xx

I actually enjoy fast days as can have things that would normally be high syns but are low calorie!

Hi everyone,

As from today I've started SW (original red plan) combined with 5:2 diet. I need to get back to goal weight (lose about 10lbs) and predominantly stop being such a PIG on my up days. I'm managing to undo all my hard work I put in on the down days!

Kellmo x

Hey all - I've been a bit rubbish for the last few weeks - half arsed attempts at fasting and being terrible in between. Back off hols yesterday so back on it properly today! Fasting but I'm starving coz my body has got used to constant snacking over a long weekend! Holding off til teatime then making pan fried cod loin with a pea purée and poached egg on top - comes to about 450cals. Sticking to sw on days in between so I can eat well but not snack on crap and drink wine! I may start a diary to try and help me stick to it. Going to Finland in 7 weeks and have plans to lose a stone. I'm 10st 8lbs at the moment (put on a few pound inevitably) and I'm desperate to get into the 9's at the very least. Wish me luck x

Do u all just weigh your self once a week? ? I am up 3 pound on feast day today. Is this normal??

Hi, I try to weigh in once per week, after a fast day to give it some consistency. This seems to work ok for me.

Morning - fast went well thanks really enjoyed tea:) how was your day? Trying for a second fast today (got stuff on for the rest of the week which will make fasting hard but not sure how ill do with back to back fasting!) anyone else done it? I usually weigh in once a week officially after my second fast but I usually have a sneaky peek midweek and then get annoyed with myself for doing so! Trying to hold off til next week now! Hope you all have a good day x

Hi there! Am doing fast day today and did one yesterday. Feeling great so far. I literally ate my body weight in chocolate, cakes, biscuits over the weekend so on serious damage control esp as scales showed a whopping 9lbs on! 4lbs down after one fast day so going ok so far.

How many calories in a plate of salad do you reckon (lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, no dressing or anything)???

Quite like to snack on that in the day then evening meal

I normally fast the full 24hrs. Might have a snack mid afternoon and then an evening meal. If I eat earlier, I'll be hungry!

What time would use suggest I start eating on a fast day is it essential to wait out the 24hrs

Hi, I personally fast from my evening meal one day until lunch time the next. I then have up to half my calories for lunch and the other half for evening meal. Most people on here seem to experiment and find what suits them best. Personally I couldn't manage a full 24 hrs, but I'm losing weight slowly but steadily doing it my way.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try.

Denise :)

Hi there! Am doing fast day today and did one yesterday. Feeling great so far. I literally ate my body weight in chocolate, cakes, biscuits over the weekend so on serious damage control esp as scales showed a whopping 9lbs on! 4lbs down after one fast day so going ok so far.

How many calories in a plate of salad do you reckon (lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, no dressing or anything)???

Quite like to snack on that in the day then evening meal

I reckon easy less than 50 calories for a big bowl of salad (just did a rough guess from Mfp) good snacking choice! 9lbs on! That's got to be water retention or something - it would take a whole lot more than some chocolate and cakes over the weekend! YOu will get that off easy enough! I'm pretty hungry now - just drank some water and a can of diet coke to take my mind off it. The boyo is coming home for lunch shortly though and making burgers! The smell will drive me insane:-( planning a green day tea of pasta with bacon, cheese, egg and peas (bacon and cheese as healthy extras - random concoction but its something my mum used to make me and not ad it for years) not really planning on sticking to 500cals as its my second fast in a row but definitely hoping to keep it under 1000 (think tea comes out at 800 so will wait and see if I snack afterwards!)

Back