Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Bad weekend = fast day today! :-D

Haha story of my life! Fasted successfully yesterday even though I was in work woohoo! Trying for a half fast today - we only have sausage and mash in for tea so that's gonna be over 500! Trying for another fast tomorrow as I'm in work again and think its gonna be mad busy so hopefully I won't think about it:) scales had dropped from 10.8 to 10.5 yesterday so really hoping I may get a new low this Friday (lowest has been 10.4 I think!) desperate now to get under that 10stone barrier! Thought I would be able to be good this weekend but now got a meal out in Saturday - think ill drive though so at least I don't drink 3 bottles of wine haha! Good luck to everyone else fasting. - well done on the loss missperi x

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me jumping on board?

Been doing SW forever and just haven't been able to stick to it for months. Gave up and started looking at other diets that I hadn't tried!!!
Seen 5:2, watched the documentary, read up on forums etc and decided I'd got nothing to lose!

My first fast day was tuesday and I had my last meal Monday night at about 7pm then had tomato and chilli soup at 7pm Tuesday night and couldn't finish it!
Today is my second fast day and haven't felt hungry at all....
This is a massive revelation for me, it's like a no brainer, lol;) My fast days I'm at work so really don't notice not eating till I get home gone 6pm.

Reading all your posts and success stories makes me feel like finally I've found a way of eating that I can stick to long term.... Hallelujah :) xxx

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me jumping on board?

Been doing SW forever and just haven't been able to stick to it for months. Gave up and started looking at other diets that I hadn't tried!!!
Seen 5:2, watched the documentary, read up on forums etc and decided I'd got nothing to lose!

My first fast day was tuesday and I had my last meal Monday night at about 7pm then had tomato and chilli soup at 7pm Tuesday night and couldn't finish it!
Today is my second fast day and haven't felt hungry at all....
This is a massive revelation for me, it's like a no brainer, lol;) My fast days I'm at work so really don't notice not eating till I get home gone 6pm.

Reading all your posts and success stories makes me feel like finally I've found a way of eating that I can stick to long term.... Hallelujah :) xxx

Hi,

Welcome. I hope this way of eating works for you. Keeping busy and drinking plenty of fluids seems to be the key for most people.

Good luck with your weight loss journey! :)

Hi mishelly welcome to the group:) I reached my new low of. 10st 3 today woohoo! Been fluctuating between 10.4 and 10.8 for weeks now so hoping this is a move in the right direction:) done 2 proper fasts this week (i have gotten into the habit of fasting for 24 hours then going ah well ill eat what i want now and probably consume about 1000cals before bed!) just gotta try not to blow it this weekend haha! Not going to eat today til I feel hungry - got steak and chips for tea and a nice bottle of wine chilling as well mmmm excited! Out for a meal tomorrow night but driving there so im not tempted to drink! Hopefully going to the gym later too for a spin or swim. Happy Friday everyone x x

well done carrot your doing so well!!

After ydays fast day (i did cheat a little!!) im down 0.2lbs which is so far 1lb less then wednesdays WI! Im happy with that so far, but its coming up to the weekend and this is usually where i fall down a little! No major plans this wkend so hoping i can stick on plan minus this evening as im going out for a meal and drinks! Going to try and be sensible and make a decent choice foodwise!
I want to go swimming tomorrow to clock up some more exercise, and possibly go for a jog on sunday!

Thanks Carrotima!

Well after my 2 fasts this week, I weighed in this morning and lost 4lbs!
Obviously I'm over the moon with this as I feel like its not been an effort at all;)
However, been to a BBQ tonight and had 2 burgers and a sausage and then had terrible tummy ache after as I'd eaten so much!

I'm going to try and listen to my tummy as obviously I don't need to eat as much as I have been eating, to be full. After growing up in a family of 7, I still cook for the masses now but there's only me and my very slim 14 year old daughter!

I love this thread. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Big thanks guys :) xxx

Well done on the loss mishelly. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend! I've. Been my usual terrible self with wine and snacks every evening oh and a meal out involving lots of tapas oops! Weighed in this morning at 10.6 - actually happy with that as usually I've been 10.8 post weekend! Fast day today - got steak and fried leeks for tea - looking forwards to it already:)

Good fast yesterday - just over 500 cals I think (was making baby food and ended up tasting it quite a bit so I think that tipped me over the edge - note to self only make baby food on non fast days!) started the 30 day shred yesterday and did a around. 4 mile walk with boyo on my back and later did a 4k run so quite proud of my exercise efforts! Was meant to to spinning at 7 this morning but was aching a bit when I woke up so didn't bother (lazy bones - and managed to annoy the oh for waking him up so early haha) feast day today yay! Hoping to hold off til lunchtime (also oh just had some toast and it smells lovely) probably take boyo for another walk coz it looks lovely outside again! 8 weeks til I go back to work - determined to be able to fit in my size 10 uniform by then fingers crossed! Hope everyone has a great day fasting or feasting x x x

Yay well done missperi-good inspiration for my fasting day:) woke up absolutely starving everyday this week! Currently trying to ignore the bread calling to me from the fridge! Upto day three of doing 30 day shred but not sure when I'm gonna fit it in today or tomorrow so will just have to see! Staple fast day tea tonight of salmon stir fry excited already! Also got a shop coming in th next hour or so - torture unpacking lots of nice food ha! Hope it's nice and sunny where you all are - have a good day x x x

The shred is actually ok - ached after day 1 and 2 but been fine today (did level 2 yesterday as well!) not had chance to do it today though boo! Had a really good fast day - lovely tea but we have both just caved and are having a glass of wine:-/ less hopeful of a loss tomorrow now as its likely to turn into a bottle for me! Tastes bloody lovely though after a day in the sun! Out for a meal tomorrow night (3 courses pizza express) aim is to fast all day now to try and make up for naughtiness tonight and tomorrow! We are planning on a 21 mile cycle round preston on Saturday morning (taking advantage whilst we have babysitters:) so hopefully that will help - fingers crossed! Hope everyone has a nice weekend in the sunshine:) x x x

Hello all. I hope you dont mind me popping on here to ask a question?

I have decided to do 4:3 for a few weeks, and was thinking on at least one of those days, not having my 500 calories, just plenty of water and the off cup of tea.

Does anyone not have food at all on their fast days? I honestly think I could manage it fine.

Back