Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hello all. I hope you dont mind me popping on here to ask a question?

I have decided to do 4:3 for a few weeks, and was thinking on at least one of those days, not having my 500 calories, just plenty of water and the off cup of tea.

Does anyone not have food at all on their fast days? I honestly think I could manage it fine.

I don't eat during the day on my fasts, but I do eat in the evening. I would steer away from full day fasts as you're getting close to eating disorder territory. Not a good idea doing full days without medical help, either.

Today is my fast day which is much needed as i put on 2lbs over the weekend. I have rid myself of 1.5lbs of that just need to shift another 0.4lbs and some more to get a loss which I think i can do as long as i be strict on myself and dont allow myself to snack on anything apart from my 500 cal meal this evening!! Gonna have some fishfingers with mash and veggies!

Im fasting for the first time today! Doing alright tbf....better than i thought anyway! X

Hi all,

Hope you dont mind me joining decided to start 5:2 and have lost 7lbs so far. I fast tues and thurs as easier for me as busy those days so dont feel as hungry. On a fast day I tend to leave my calories for my main meal as then eat with the:family2: Realise from reducing calories though that its the portion sizes I would normally use that are too big :d'oh:

Hey guys how's everyone doing? Been a bit rubbish at posting this week really don't know where time goes. My son is crawling and pulling himself up onto every bit of furniture so i literally have to follow him around everywhere now and i just dont have time for anything else - how exciting is my life:) he is a little cutie though:) Done two successful fasts this week Monday and Wednesday - last night the boyo insisted on a Chinese takeaway at 930! I would have been happy with a bowl of cereal but of course when it arrives I tuck in like I've never been fed! Doing a part fast today to try and compensate - gonna have nothing til prob around 8 hopefully. stayed off the wine this week as well yay! May have a few tonight but we are up early to conquer helvelyn (lake district) tomorrow (in the rain it would appear) so need an early night! Restarted the 30 day shred on weds (got side tracked last weekend so didn't keep it up) I now have 28days til I go on holiday so hoping that's motivation for me to not miss a day from now on! I have taken before pictures and I may be brave enough to post them if I see I decent change by the end:) hope everyone is doing well x x

Well, I got on scales today expecting to have put on at least a pound. To my total shock I've actually lost and came in at 9st 13.2 lbs! Hooray. I haven't been under 10st for about 6 or 7 years. Now I've got to keep it off and lose some more if I can to get my bmi down to 25. Hope everyone else is doing well on 5:2.

Hope you don't mind this new member joining this post?

I've just started 5:2 on Monday, had one fast day already (was surprisingly OK!), and the next one is tomorrow.
I have an awful lot to lose, but from what I've read, I think this approach could be right for me - time will tell...

for the 'normal' days I'm using MFP and trying to keep between 1500 -1800 cals a day, but not to beat myself up if I go well overboard, which knowing me, I inevitably will. Losing weight really is a state of mind isn't it?

Hey how's everyone doing? Been a bit quiet on here! I've still been fasting (last week attempted a Friday fast which just didn't work out!) much better this week though 2 successful fasts and 10.4 on the scales today (not my lowest but considering I was off the rails a bit last week I'm happy) been doing the 30 day shred for 2 weeks now (not managed it a weekends but have done all other days) not seeing big changes but I have managed to fit into my pre pregnancy jeans today (still slightly more snug than I would like but I hav always liked jeans a bit bigger - my 14s are hanging off me and are really baggy on the legs driving me mad! Look like a right scruff bag!) not eaten so far today after yesterday's fast - have been trying to stick to fruit, veg and cereal during the day on feast days and have given up bread since Saturday (and limited to 1 diet coke a day!) definitely feel less bloated! Go to Finland 2 weeks today so praying I can get down to 10st by then! Hope you all have a great weekend x x x

Well weigh in today have lost just over a pound and also half an inch from waist so quite chuffed. Managed my mini target of 12st 7 lbs :wow:now next mini target is 12st I will get there eventually!!

Well weigh in today have lost just over a pound and also half an inch from waist so quite chuffed. Managed my mini target of 12st 7 lbs :wow:now next mini target is 12st I will get there eventually!!

Well done. Keep going and it will come off bit at a time.

I've not lost this week but just a few pounds off my first target.

We will get there if we stick with it! :)

Im back from holiday and have been going through my losses for the last 30 weeks and it looks as though since i started 5:2 my loss has slowed down immensly apart from my first 5:2 week. So i have decided to go back to slimming world alone and use 5:2 once a month for a boost.
5:2 is probably something im going to incorperate once i hit target as for me its probably more suitable for a maintenance thing that allows u to be more flexible about what u eat without having to worry too much abt gaining so much weight like i did when i went on hols (5.5lbs btw!! Lol)

Im back from holiday and have been going through my losses for the last 30 weeks and it looks as though since i started 5:2 my loss has slowed down immensly apart from my first 5:2 week. So i have decided to go back to slimming world alone and use 5:2 once a month for a boost.
5:2 is probably something im going to incorperate once i hit target as for me its probably more suitable for a maintenance thing that allows u to be more flexible about what u eat without having to worry too much abt gaining so much weight like i did when i went on hols (5.5lbs btw!! Lol)

Hi,

Did you 5:2 during the holiday or just have a week off? That may explain the gain - plus all the extra food and drink on the Up days, if you were fasting.

I think the 5:2 does work best with "larger" people for bigger weight loss, though it has also helped my wife shed a stone since the start of the year. It seems to be more gradual the more you lose. To be expected really, as a bigger body needs more simply to "tick-over".

I do 4:3 and it does seem to work and iron out many of the blips in my up days.

I say just go with what works for you - find a diet you're happy with and can stick to and lose weight with. No point in doing something that you're going to give up on after a few months.

Hi all, hope you're all having a lovely Sunday!

I've been doing 5:2 now for 4 weeks and I've lost 6lb in total... I'm really, really pleased:)

My usual fast days are Monday and Wednesday and the rest of the week I've been just watching what I eat. I feel like I've been let in on a big secret with 5:2!!! I've been doing SW for so long and was constantly thinking about food, shopping, cooking, syns.... It was exhausting!
Now I just think about smaller portions on normal days and my 500 calorie meals on fast days, usually soup and yogurt.

I've got quite a lot of weight to lose, about 4 stone but I know there is no quick fix. The 5:2 is a no brainer for me, slow and steady does it....:)

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi everyone, I'm another SW'er of old who's just done her first fast day yesterday. Was surprised how easy it was. I skipped breakfast, planned a 250 calorie lunch for when I felt hungry and didn't, so I skipped lunch too and had a nice healthy 500 calorie dinner instead. It has had a knock-on effect today as I questioned whether I REALLY felt hungry to have breakfast and same for lunch, but I know I need to eat on my non-fasting days. Will probably fast again tomorrow and weigh-in is Friday for me. Will let you know if I see results.

Second fast day today and I've not eaten anything! Weird because if I eat breakfast it starts me craving food all day, yet I can clearly cope perfectly well not eating a morsel! Fancy that!!!

Hi All,
Again, I hope that you don't mind me popping in to say Hi. (I usually follow a S/W thread)
There are quite a lot , that seem to be doing the S/W alongside the 5:2. I have been doing the SW on and off for ages, but since I stopped smoking (2 years ago) I can't seem to shift anything. So I am now on the second week of 5:2, and S/W on feast days This regime seems to be working for a few of you, so fingers crossed for me
To be honest, I didn't get weighed (but I go know to around the kilo what I did weigh). But I seem to have trimmed an inch off my waist
I am weighing tomorrow or Sunday, so I shall update then

Back