Doing my nails to distract me from food

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
I stopped biting them a few months ago and have discovered the joys of nail polish.What's your favourite way of distracting yourself?

mine is doing my nails as well lol x

Snap

My parents bought me the Red Carpet Manicure (gel UVA set) for Christmas so had a little go tonight.

Really struggle growing mine lately so looking forward to having nails to be proud of again.

I used to bite mine so am very pleased I have grown them :)

I'm a biter, i used to always get nail extensions but because i got promoted to Sous Chef i can't have long nails anymore :( I have baths to distract me or do some cleaning. My house is sparkling whenever i'm on a diet lol x

Same with the lovely clean house here! I've tried knitting, crochet and making felt toys to keep my hands and mind busy but I'm terrible with concentration so I end up with very strange patterns...

I haven't got enough energy for housework yet.I do knitting and crochet and cross stitch too.

Nails here too! I am obsessed and have a HUGE collection of nail polish (possible 200+). Today I am sporting fuschia neon nails with gold 'studs' on each ring finger in preparation for NYE. I do my nails at least every other night, if not nightly, it is a great distraction! I used to be an OPI only girl but at the minute I love Illamasua (Google Illamasqua Obsess, it's what I'm wearing now) and I'm also getting into indie polishes - Dollish, Pretty & Polished, Darling Diva and so on.

I'm that sad, I even have an Instagram account which is predominantly used for nail pics!

Wow I love it, I'm too lazy to do mine but love having nice nails.

Then again distraction is what I need especially at night when DH is working away so this may change!

I do mine whilst watching TV so they're dry before bed. The way I see it is that I can have good nails, hair and make-up regardless of my weight, haha. I love all things beauty, a bit obsessed really!

You should give it a go, little things like having painted nails can put a smile on your face :)

A girl after my own heart :)

Must admit I love getting out of bed with painted toes as it sets me up for the day.

Making a concerted effort with my nails, sporting a lovely plum colour which is brighter than I would normally go but it's growing on me.

Treated myself to the Ciate nail advent calendar before Christmas so shall dig that out from under the tree and have a look.

I had the Ciate calendar too! Loved opening it every day :)

I haven't even took mine out the plastic cover, oops!

Looking forward to experimenting, may try the Caviar on my ring finger for NY. Not going anywhere but what the heck :)

I haven't even took mine out the plastic cover, oops!

Looking forward to experimenting, may try the Caviar on my ring finger for NY. Not going anywhere but what the heck :)

You are joking! Get it open! Some lovely colours in there, I've tried maybe a 1/3 of them so far. The glitters in particular are pretty.

You are joking! Get it open! Some lovely colours in there, I've tried maybe a 1/3 of them so far. The glitters in particular are pretty.

Yes boss :)

Nipping out to Sainsbury's with my Mother which normally takes 3+ hrs but on my return after a few bits and bobs around the house it's a date with Ciate!

I love OPI and China Glaze...love the look of Dollish but not tried any yet.I adore glitters-I don't adore removing them though.I've got a blue sparkly China glaze on with OPI pirhouette my whistle glitter over the top and 5 sparkly nail gems on my little fingers.I only have about 50 colours :D

me too!! and i love all the new ideas that are out there!! well they are new to me!! i used to be a boring pearly neutral tones only girl till i started on the CD plan!! since then i have discovered Pinterest!! oh my god the ideas and possibilities on there are amaxing!! i have OPI dark plum as a base and pink glitter fading in from the tips upwards! i would love to get my hands on some of that nail caviar and some matt nail polishes but i dont know where to start!! must remember to paint my toe nails too!!

Nail caviar sets in primark and superdrug and claire's accessories I believe are all fairly cheap :)

Back