Doing sooooo much better on red days!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jaydensmummy, 18 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Jaydensmummy

Jaydensmummy Member

last month i lost 2.5 lb, in the past three weeks i have lost 7.5! Only thing i can think of is switching to red as im having 10-12 syns a day still. How does everyone else find red days?:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CATHERINE2909

CATHERINE2909 Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow! Thats fab...bet youre feeling great and loving the meat to ha!....I have added more red days this week as I read on a previous post to mix things up if youre getting stuck.
    I find green day sooo easy and extra easy is fine too but keep struggling with meal ideas on red?
    I weigh in Tuesdays so will see if its made any difference then xxx

4. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    25st8lb
    Current Weight:
    24st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love red days, def my favourite! EE is fab for days when I want a chilli or curry but I like my HEs, although I do throw in one or two Green for variety too!

5. Jaydensmummy

Jaydensmummy Member

Yea i got my club 10 this week, so its deffo increased my weightloss! I have lots of nice meals, even chilli on salad is nice- especially if you use your healthy extra B for a wholemeal pitta its very much like a takeaway.

I also have metal skewers and make chicken kebabs on them with courgettes, peppers, onion and mushroom all on a bed of salad with garlic yogurt.

Crabsticks chopped up with salad is nice

chicken omlette

tuna salad

basically anything with salad is good and lots of lean meat.

Im making chicken kiev's tomorrow wrapped in back and with a side salad and wedges using my B choice. yum!

6. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I do a lot of red days too, love fish, chicken, and any red meat. Extra lean mince is so versatile too, yum yum

7. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    I've been enjoying more Red days too and have had a good week (lost 2.5 lbs). SW has made me think differently and where I used to have a lot of rice and pasta based meals I'm now having more salads and veg. I had pasta on Thursday night and took some leftovers to work yesterday for lunch ... boy was my tummy swollen! It reminded me of the days when I was 13 lbs heavier with a big fat belly every day! :eek:

Red for me ;)

8. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I do a couple of green days a week, tonight I am having chilli (extra lean mince - HEB) with brown rice. I quite like the brown rice, trying so many different things since starting S W. Not a big fan of veg though wish I was, would make things a lot easier

9. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Im not keen on red days but they defo give me better losses x

10. mia_queenbee

mia_queenbee Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    ive been sticking with extra easy found weightloss slowed right down. now im having a go at green. enjoying it but struggle to find meatless meals. so think im gonna give red a go tomorrow. fingers crossed i have a bigger loss this week. last 3 weeks ive lost 1lb a week in a month lost 5lbs. before that i lost a stone in a month. still happy with any loss i just think im getting a little impatient x

11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I couldn't do red days very often as I was always starving on them. I'm now much happier just doing all green

12. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

I always struggled with red days and pretty rubbish at ee because i don't eat veggies. I usually have greens and use my hex b's for meat. Might make the effort to try more red days this time around.

13. AMANDADOYLE74

AMANDADOYLE74 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.65%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    i love love love red days! losses for me are much better on red days! I eat loads of fish and steak! and veggies and salads. I tend to snack on babybel lights and crab sticks or fruit. Love HE , which is why i dont do ee.

14. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I don't know why but psychologically I can't do red days I just always feel hungry even though what I eat today will be red except for parsnips in the soup I had for a snack and I could have another of each hex if I did red I just feel as if I am more limited on red :rolleyes:
    Glad its working for you though :)

15. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have retreated back to red days - have done green the last two, but did a complete overload on alcohol which was disastrous syn wise, so need to do some damage limitation and the green days have been making me feel really bloated!!!

16. MandiNKel

MandiNKel Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gained a pound last week after being on EE and been really strict with 2/3's superfree foods, not blaming EE plan as it was my * week and may of been down to that. Was still totally gutted & before EE came along I always mainly done red and consistent good weight losses, so this week gone back to red & green. Will wait and see on Tuesday's WI if it's paid off :)

17. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I usually do green, but the odd red day is good, I just find green much cheaper (I'm a skinflint)

18. lazergun

lazergun Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    reading this i think im gonna attempt throwing in red days...ive hit a brick wall on ee, tried success express for a week and it was too much. last time i got to this weight on sw same thing happened. now...prob is im not a big meat eater lol

19. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find red days are so much better for my losses, even though they are harder. I try and make sure I have majority red during the week with the odd EE thrown in on the weekend to be flexible around the family. Although I did have a green day on Thursday as I was STARVING all day and only carbs would do! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.