Doing SW and working shifts? Like nurses?

athens

Hi everyone, I am a nurse trying to loose weight, but I keep going off track because of my shifts. We have three 8 hour shifts here (Greece) and you could easily be working morning AND night shift on the same day. It's just so easy for me to get off track not only because of the hunger at work and going for something quick to eat (I usually take my own food with me) but also because often I don't have time to go to the supermarket and buy food to have in the house. Also, when I come home from a night shift, I am usually hungry. Do I eat breakfast and go to bed, do I eat something superfree or go to bed with an empty stomach? All in all, I can never have three meals per day, more like two I guess. And I really think that my metabolism is down due to the horrible hours I work. Anyone on the same boat? How do you handle it? It is getting so tiring to try to be good and nothing happening.
I hope I posted the thread in the correct forum!

Hi babe,

Sorry ive had time off here! I work sort of long days with days off, so condensed hours more than said shifts! What I would say is, go with your body clock. It's not going to be the normal one like every mon-fri 9-5 worker.....try and follow the rules of the diet, but your meal times will differ. Defo choose wise foods that will keep you fuller for longer xxxx

Back