Doing Weigh Watchers from home?!

I tried the tomato chicken basil meal tonight with salad and it was nice. It was on offer for £1.99 in morrisons think I need to take a trip to a local freezer shop to get some bargains. Not tried the chicken hotpot but always been A fan of the beef hotpot xx

I tried the tomato chicken basil meal tonight with salad and it was nice. It was on offer for £1.99 in morrisons think I need to take a trip to a local freezer shop to get some bargains. Not tried the chicken hotpot but always been A fan of the beef hotpot xx
The chicken hot pot is AMAZING i have my dinner after ww wi on a wednesday and i love that one, i will have to start trying something different tho lol

I really liked the tomato and basil chicken. As for the chicken hotpot, I had it last night. I loved it so much that I've just been and bought another and am eating it right now. Most of the frozen ready meals are £1.70 in tesco. They didn't have the tom & basil chicken though

1 pound each in iceland, i cant see why people spend so much when the are so cheap, order online and save pennies or go to your nearest iceland, cos then you can get stocked up for half the price. :)

Yeah, I totally agree. I wouldn't normally have spent £1.70 on my meal, but I was staying at my boyfriend's house last night after a long day in Oxford, and I was planning on going home after. Instead he suggested I stayed instead of travelling home, and as it was getting late, Tesco was the only place still open and I needed to get something to eat.

But I've restocked today, 6 meals and 6 packs of (2) desserts, all for £12. Can't go wrong. I've got the salmon meal today.

Also, today I've had to have a bit of a Filling & Healthy day.

I started off with Golden Syrup Weetabix (I prefer to have regular Weetabix with sweetener, but I was unprepared for staying at my bf's so I had to nick some of his) and a banana.
Then I got to my grandma's. It's always a surprise what's for lunch there, and she puts it all on the table and you help yourself, but I managed to resist the potato fritters and the apple pie she had and tried to stick with the healthier options on the table. I also tried to have just one plateful. Everything on my plate before I started eating. Usually I pick, empty the plate, pick a bit more, so I end up not really knowing how much I've eaten.
But I'm gonna be back on track this evening with my frozen salmon ready meal for tea, and maybe an alpen bar for a snack (bought those new lemon drizzle ones in tesco 2 for £3 yesterday and they are really nice).

Does anyone else have trouble with unpredictability with meals at relatives/friends? How do you cope with it? Point it all out? Or have a Filling & Healthy day?

Oh, and well done on the weight loss Bessie84.

P.S. Sorry for spamming the board with my posts. Completely got carried away with what I wanted to say haha.

IMHO the WW frozen ready meals used to be much nicer. Having been away for a while (no not in prison ..... :cool:) I now find they are much smaller, usually halfway down the container and can have an unpleasant taste and consistency. I did complain to WW and manufacturer (who has since closed down). Both were pretty obnoxious and blamed each other. Product in question was a pizza. Going back maybe 10 months? they were lovely. Not much on them, but I used to add extra mushrooms, extra onions, prawns etc. Then, something changed, i.e. Later offerings were dreadful. Smaller, a scraping of dried tomato paste which stopped half an inch short of the outer crust and not really a sign of any other ingredient. Base was tooth-breakingly hard and tasted like salty soap. I do however still buy the Ocean Pie, which was always my favourite, although again, the recipe has obviously changed, and not for the better.

This was my tea tonight I love cooking and like to try new recipes. It's lemongrass and herby chicken kebabs with brown rice and salad. Got the recipe off ww website but added some pepper and onions to the kebabs to bulk it out. Me and the other half really enjoyed it :)

image-2376840754.jpg

I'm an awful cook, and I often just microwave stuff for convenience (I'm also very impatient and can't stand waiting forever for something to cook that I'm going to eat in 5 minutes).
So far, I've not had any complaints about the ready meals. They do seem a little on the small size, but I'm enjoying them and I'm full afterwards. So obviously they are plenty big enough for me.
I even tried something new because of WW - I would never have tried a Salmon & Broccoli Melt before - salmon I'm fine with, but I'm not a big fan of broccoli, however for just £1, I bought it to give it a go, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I can't decide which one of the three I've tried so far I like the most - the Tomato & Basil Chicken, the Chicken Hotpot or the Salmon & Broccoli Melt. I do have an Ocean Pie, a Spag Bol, a Beef Hotpot & the Creamy Mushroom thingymajiggy in the freezer waiting to be tried. Let's hope I like them as much as I have the others.

And sweet, that looks gorgeous =D

I do enjoy ww ready meals too morrisons do a good range called NuMe they also have ww pp on the pack too which is helpful the hunters chicken and coconut chilli king prawn noodles are well scrummy x

Thanks sweet. Yeah, it was a ww frozen ready meal. It had wedges and chicken in a tomato and basil sauce. Absolutely beautiful. I got it from heron foods, a freezer shop in my town for £1, but I also noticed it in asda last night for a bit more (no more than £2 though, just don't remember the actual price unfortunately)

Last night I had the ww frozen chicken hotpot ready meal, which was also nice. And I've found the meals really fill me up, so hopefully I'll do well losing weight using the meals

Good luck girlsmammy & Sarah-Lou with you weight losses

Thank you x

I do enjoy ww ready meals too morrisons do a good range called NuMe they also have ww pp on the pack too which is helpful the hunters chicken and coconut chilli king prawn noodles are well scrummy x

Yeah, I noticed the NuMe have pp on them, which is awesome.

The hunters chicken and coconut chilli king prawn noodles - are they NuMe products?!
I've not really been to morrisons since starting on wednesday, so not really looked at the stuff, but I love chicken, and the noodles sound nice, so if they're NuMe, I'll keep an eye out for them next time I'm there.

Brilliant, thanks.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for them.

Ooh... I remember why I didn't spot anything last time I was there - all their chillers were broken. I'm sure they'll be up and running again when I go next.

Have got some serious planning to do for next weekend as I'm off to Wales. I could just screw the ww altogether and just start again when I get back, but I feel that that will just undo the effort I've already put in this week.
Will have to look into my options a bit more and stay motivated and keep up my willpower, so that when they're all eating fish & chips, donuts and ice cream, I'll be eating my points. I'm sure I'll be able to sneak a couple of treats in though.
Although my bf will be with me, so I'm sure he'll make me feel guilty if I stray too much. =)

Thinking about it, has anyone ever pointed anything from the Wetherspoons menu? I like eating spoons food, so if I've got a few pointed meals from it, if we go out for dinner, I can suggest spoons and know what to have.

Think I'll have a little scrounge round on the other boards too =)

Hmmm... yeah, spoons might not happen.
Just checked on their website and they actually show enough details to be able to stick them in the calculator.
I only did a few and most of them seemed to be the majority of my daily allowance.
So either I avoid spoons altogether or I eat something low and use a few weeklies (which I don't really want to have to use at all, but then it is a special weekend, so maybe I could use a couple).

However, if I'm gonna use loads of points on a meal, I might as well go and have my real true love - KFC haha

(If anyone would like me to point spoons meals for them, just let me know. If not, all the details you need are on their website)

It's hard to stick to plan when your away as there are so many temptations. Why don't you just have one treat a day and try to be good the rest of the time. Or you could just enjoy yourself for the few days you are away and get straight back on plan when your back xx

Back