Doing Weigh Watchers from home?!

I hope the sun comes out for you at the weekend :character00238: North Wales is unpredictable to say the least. Yesterday hot sun, today biting cold wind :( Make sure you pack your vest and bikini. Again your wisdom and motivation shows "I remember how much 2lbs is and feel a bit better" Too right!, its gone from somewhere and that's like visualising 4 packs of butter. As for climbing Snowdon, and I presume you mean the Mountain, not the Lord ..... Definitely wear your vest and sensible shoes :rolleyes: The nearest I plan to get to anything frozen this weekend, will be a Cornetto as a treat on Saturday night, probably eaten in front of a roaring log fire :cool: chips xx

Thanks... I hope it's sunny too. Really like the idea of climbing Mount Snowdon - if it'd too bad, I'll just jump on the train haha. As long as all that snow that was covering it has disappeared now. It worried me when I heard about the climbers having to be rescued a couple of weeks ago.

And yeah... 4 packs of butter is how I how I have to visualise it to remember that it is a lot.

Cornetto and a roaring log fire sounds lovely though. I'll be lucky if I can figure out how to switch on the heating in the static caravan we're staying at haha.

Well done elfy 2lb is great. Im on day 3 and feeling quite positive but anxious about weigh in monday. Trying my hardest not to jump on the scale before then. Having a date night on sat night so that will highly likely use my weeklies up. Which i wasnt intending to use. Is ot better to use them? Hope everyone is doing well...

Amy

Hey Amy.
Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better about it than I was when I woke up. And I'm off to the gym again shortly, so I'll soon be feeling really good.
Keep away from the scale - I know it's hard, but a person's weight tends to fluctuate daily, if not hourly, so you'll just get all mixed up and fret about it.
Once a week, it makes it feel better when you know you've worked hard all week and that is the result of it.
Date night sounds fun. I'm off to the cinema with my bf this evening which I'm quite looking forward to. I won't be tempted by the snacks, because the prices are so extortionate that I don't buy them anyway haha.

I had a dilemma about the weeklies last night. I was speaking to my cousin last night who attends WW meetings and said that you're supposed to eat all your weeklies or you won't lose. So last night I was fretting cuz I hadn't eaten any at all. But I still lost.
I looked into other forums and the amount of weeklies you eat to lose weight depends on each person. Some people eat them all and lose, some people eat them all and gain, some people just eat a few.
As mentioned before, I'm away in Prestatyn this weekend, so I may end up eating a few weeklies, and we'll see how my weight loss goes then.
So it's just trial and error.

Keep going. I'm glad you're feeling positive about it so far.
I hope you get to your goal soon. You're doing well already.

Good luck!

I'm off to the cinema with my bf this evening which I'm quite looking forward to. I won't be tempted by the snacks
Don't know why but that reminds me of many many years ago going on a first date to the pictures as we used to call them in the old days .... :eek: with a lad named Tom. He sat through Dr Zhivago eating pork chops his mum had wrapped up for him as he hadn't had time to eat his tea :rolleyes:

Well done elfy on your loss that's great. With you going away this weekend why don't you try counting your extra points earned from exercise. You can store them and use them for when your away if you struggle finding low fat/calorie meals. I would suggest you try using your weeklies too like you say to see what works for you x

Thanks Sweet.
Yeah... I think I'm gonna give it a go this weekend.
I don't want to go silly, but I'm gonna enjoy myself.
I think as long as I stick to my weetabix for breakfast, and have a pointed meal either at lunch or teatime, then I can perhaps have a treat for the other meal.
Yesterday I had a rustler's bbq chicken sandwich for lunch. I pointed it and it was only 6! I was very impressed. I was expecting it to be much higher.
And I pointed one of those pre-made wraps that supermarkets do and it wasn't too high either - so I think I'll do alright hopefully.

Oh, and I was in Morrisons yesterday - the muffins have gone off offer again and are back up to £1.49. But I still don't think that's too bad personally. Not for weight watchers. As my boyfriend was saying last night - buying WW items seems to be cheaper than buying regular items. And I really enjoy the WW ready meals.

So today I "joined" WW.
I went to a meeting that my cousin goes to, got all the bits and bobs, listened to the info and came home.
I'm not sure whether I'm gonna go back or not.
I can see that it's helpful getting knowledge from the "experts" and I love challenges and being rewarded for them, so there's that, but I think I did alright on my own last week.
I went because it was free to join atm, so attending the meeting cost only £5.50
And for signing up, you get a free gift worth £9.95.
The choices were a pp calculator, a book listing pp for menus in all the major pubs and restaurants and that, or a book containing details of pp for supermarket foods, including foods from asda, morrisons, tesco, sainsbury's, co-op, iceland and a few others.
I chose the "shop" book, cuz it's much more useful to me than the eating out one, and I already have an app on my phone that I can calculate points with.
So maybe consider just going to the one meeting, just to get an idea, especially whilst it's free joining.

Oh, also, I got weighed and I weight 12st5 on their scales. Which is a lb heavier than my home scales said - however, when I weight at home, I do it in my underwear. There, I had my shoes on, I was wearing jeans and had my phone in my pocket (and we all know iPhones are pretty chunky). So I'm sticking to my 12st4 =D

How did you find the meeting was it informative? I suppose it made it worth while with your free gift. I wouldn't worry about what their scales said, cos like you said you had clothes and shoes on and you iPhone which I suspect altogether would be at least a couple of lbs. also our weight will fluctuate at different times of the day depending on what we have eaten and fluid intake. That's rustler chicken thing sounds alright for points. Are you already for your weekend away? X

Well I had a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to online - so I thought I'd ask, and the whole 49 weeklies thing that I keep fretting about - she said she had her biggest losses whilst eating all of her weeklies, but she didn't say you HAD to eat them all, so I'll stick to how I'm doing.
And yeah... the free gift was definitely worth going.

And no - I'm not ready in the slightest. Haha. I hate packing.
I've cleaned the car, and I've kinda started packing, but I have clothes all over my room.
Might stay at the bf's tonight just so I don't have to clear my bed hahaha :D

Have a lovely time elfy. If you see a face at the window, don't be frightened it could be me keeping an eye on what you're eating, and of course drinking ! :eek: chips xx

another 2lb off this week. :)

Have a fab weekend peeps. im off bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow (im been a bridesmaid in july for the very first time woo) and then a bottle of wine n Britains got talent saturday with my man.

xx

Yayyyy well done :) xxxxx

Hi everyone,

i would like to write here with you. I am also following the WW plan at home and have lost 12,3kg (I think this is around 27lbs if the calculator was correct het-heh.) science january. I am Dutch and trying to find a nice support system of people because I have t lose a lot more weight before I reach my goal.
i did Cambridge before but I put all the weight back on plus more because I did not learn how to cope with emotional struggles without food.
I am 25 and live with my boyfriend of over 3,5 yrs. We have a cat which I really like, she is a funny little devil.

Hi lostris :) Are you in the UK? if so where in Holland are you from. You have done well since the New Year. Look how your BMI has dropped. Excellent. Well done you. You will find people on this site are very supportive. I will be keeping an eye on your progress :cool: Cheers, chips xxx

Hi lostris :) Are you in the UK? if so where in Holland are you from. You have done well since the New Year. Look how your BMI has dropped. Excellent. Well done you. You will find people on this site are very supportive. I will be keeping an eye on your progress :cool: Cheers, chips xxx
Hi chips with everything (nice name btw haha),
i am not in the UK no, but I find the Dutch forums to... Well, they are not very supportive and it is very quiet there. I live in the Netherlands at the moment. In Dordrecht but I don't know if that means anything to you hahhaa. Near Rotterdam.
Thank you :) How are you getting on with WW? Your losses are excellent! How many points can you have if I may ask? I get 36 points. I always worry it'll be hard for me to survive on 26pp haha.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

x Lostris

Hi Lostris. I am doing the WW old / vintage points, not pro-points as I can count them in my head from many years ago :rolleyes: I previously said, "I don't see an avocado pear, I see 7 points. I see two avocado pears and see 14 points, and that used to be a snack before dinner". I aim at having around 25 old points a day, although I could have more. Only been at it 2 weeks, so early days. I used to go to Rotterdam, Leiden and Amsterdam when I was younger to visit Dutch friends. I remember one Christmas sitting with my friends grandfather, who looked about 110 years old, and eating raw herring and drinking "Jonge"Genever Gin. He couldn't believe it, I think he was impressed ! :party0016:Be good. I am off to eat to eat some trout, with no chips :( xx

Hi Lostris. I am doing the WW old / vintage points, not pro-points as I can count them in my head from many years ago :rolleyes: I previously said, "I don't see an avocado pear, I see 7 points. I see two avocado pears and see 14 points, and that used to be a snack before dinner". I aim at having around 25 old points a day, although I could have more. Only been at it 2 weeks, so early days. I used to go to Rotterdam, Leiden and Amsterdam when I was younger to visit Dutch friends. I remember one Christmas sitting with my friends grandfather, who looked about 110 years old, and eating raw herring and drinking "Jonge"Genever Gin. He couldn't believe it, I think he was impressed ! :party0016:Be good. I am off to eat to eat some trout, with no chips :( xx
Hi chips,
Hahah. I see some things as points as well. I hate avocado being so much in points, gosh. I love them hahaha. Never eat them now.
Ah, you,ve been to the NetherlNds, nice. I don't drink and am happy for it, drinkt are PP! :)

have a lovely evening, enjoy your meal!

x Lostis

Morning Lostis :p Hope you are well. The sun is shining in North Wales. Lovely. I have a thread running called - "Chips With Everything is BACK!" it is on the WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time) page which is specifically for those with a lot to lose, and that is certainly me. Haven't posted a link before, but try this

http://www.minimins.com/lot-weight-lose-then-join-wemitts/312987-chips-everything-back-5.html It tells you a bit about myself and reasons for needing to get some of this weight off. Have a good day. chips :) xx

Morning Lostis :p Hope you are well. The sun is shining in North Wales. Lovely. I have a thread running called - "Chips With Everything is BACK!" it is on the WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time) page which is specifically for those with a lot to lose, and that is certainly me. Haven't posted a link before, but try this

http://www.minimins.com/lot-weight-lose-then-join-wemitts/312987-chips-everything-back-5.html It tells you a bit about myself and reasons for needing to get some of this weight off. Have a good day. chips :) xx

Hi chips :)
I am well thank you. It is sunny here too but there is an icy wind. Yuck. Tonight I will be having dinner with my family, they are having homemade chips and I am having oven potatoes (no oil :p) and a less-fat burger. The smell of chips is lovely though, hope I will be able to resist it.

I will check out your topic/blog, thanks for the link! I hope you will have a great day!
X Lostris

Well... I'm back from my long weekend in North Wales.
Weather was beautiful, but a bit windy.
Friday was lovely and sunny, spent the afternoon playing in the arcades on the 2p machines. I love the thrill of winning on those kind of machines. Really keeps me entertained haha.
Saturday the weather was fine and we went up Mount Snowdon. Took me 4 hours to get up (my bf and another friend got up there quicker, but my female friend was having hip pain, so we stayed back with her - she made it 3/4 of the way, to the train station before having to give up - was very proud of her). I made it to the top, just. By the time I got there, I was knackered and convinced I was going to get the train back down with my female friend and my 2 male friends, however, after getting into the flow of coming down, me and the bf continued down together. Took us 2 hours.
So a nice 6 hour climb in the sun, with the cold wind blowing. However, got a nice sunburn on one side of my face - which looks ridiculous because I had my sunglasses on and therefore look like half a panda =D
Sunday went for a wander round Rhyl, then came back and had a swim, then back on the arcades.
And today was coming home day.

Food wise, I've tried to be good, but not really kept too close of an eye.
Weetabix & a banana for breakfast every day, WW meal for tea friday/saturday/sunday, lunchtime usually a sandwich made with WW ham (the 2pk for just 60p in Morrisons. Bargain I thought), and then snacking on things such as Go Ahead bars, Weetabix Oaty Bars and Nutrigrain bars. I did have a few naughty oat cookies that I made before leaving - but sometimes you need a bit of sugar when climbing 3500ft mountains ;)
Today I started off with regular breakfast, but for lunch was a tuna mayo jacket in spoons, followed by mid drive snack of 2 ww ham sandwiches & just had crumpets with laughing cow extra light cheese triangle (only 1 point for 2 triangles - so 1 triangle is effectively 0pp - brilliant!)

So don't really know how far I went over on my points & into my weeklies, but I do know I managed to resist KFC 3 times & Papa Johns twice whilst everyone else was eating them for lunch and/or dinner.

Back on the wagon tomorrow, hopefully down the gym as well, then weigh in number 2 on wednesday.
*Fingers crossed*

Sorry for the long post and well done if you made your way through it all =D

Glad you had a nice time and toy had good weather. Well done for avoiding temptation of KFC or papa johns it sounds like you've done well. How you got on since being back? Have you managed to get back on track?

Was weigh in for me today and I have lost 2lb so pleased with that, would have like another lb to take me into next stone bracket but any loss is better than none :)

Back