Doing Weigh Watchers from home?!

Hey chips,

Well was suppose to weigh today but all gone abit wrong :( oh and kids all ill so been playin nurse but will definately start in the morning so tuesday weigh day for me :)

Only thing is already thinking about just giving pp one last go, grrrr hate it when I do this.

Do you do pp or vintage?

Good luck,
Dan x

I weigh Tuesday morning at home. Doing old/vintage points, its so simple, only have to count to 25 or thereabouts. PP is so hellishly complicated, for me anyway :( and something I often get on my soapbox about is the dreadful quality of WW food. It used to be so good, and I suppose if you are a new to it you might think it palatable, but compared to the older recipies it is dreadful. Too big a range and lots of alternatives out there are much tastier, bigger portions, better value for money, and lower points. Friend bought me a pack of lemon cheesecake. Disgusting, a stodgy, greasy tasteless lump, actually made me feel sick and at 186 cals/2.3 Sat fat = 3 old points, absolutely not worth the money or points. Anyway, WW winge over :rolleyes: Hope you have a good week. chips xx

Hey everyone how you all getting on?

I finally got started today :D so my official weigh in day is now a wednesday and I weigh in the morning. Just hoping the motivation stays with me as I really need to get this weight gone!

Good luck everyone,
Dan x

Hi Dan good luck with your first week. Leave treats you find hard to control in the supermarket and have lots of the right stuff around. Plan ahead and know what your next meal will be. As I said yesterday "a goal without a plan, is just a wish" Be good. chips xx

So, weighed in at my meeting today, lost another 2lbs and earned my 5%.
Really chuffed.
Only 23lbs til my 10st target.
Just hope I can keep it going as I have been doing =D

Hope everyone is ok and had a good bank holiday.
I know I did - 2 days at the seaside - one with rents, one with the bf.
Thought I'd messed up by having chips with my mum & dad, but apparently not.

Well done, you are doing great. I am sure your weeklies covered your chips. I lost 1lb this week which is better than nothing but think I might be slipping a bit. Need to go back to basics and make sure I am not tempted! Got two meals out this weekend but will try and make good choices as really want to get under 11 st.

Yeah... I was fretting afterwards, but I figured I still had half my daily allowance, all my weeklies and a high amount of activity points available to use on the chips.
I enjoyed them, but did feel naughty eating them.

And I'm sure you'll do it sweet. You're so close. 1lb is definitely better than nothing. It's 1lb in the right direction.
Keep going =D

Well done both on your losses :D

I been rubbish (no change there), really need to get my head into it but struggling.

Binging is a major problem for me and just can't seem to stop. I'm doing vintage points but thinking about giving pp another go. This way the weeklies would mean I don't feel like I've failed and can just go back onto dailies the next day. At the moment I'm stuck in the 'blown it' mode so may aswell carry on.

Glad everyone else seems to be doing well. Good luck all,
Dan x

Thanks dan, that's the problem I have. If I slip up i think we'll I've blown it now so might as well eat what I want for rest of the week. I am trying to get my mind to believing if I do slip off plan I am better to start a fresh the following day and maybe I could pull it round staying the same or only a small loss is better than putting any on. I am trying to stay focused because I want to order my wedding dress in the next few months so if I am tempted I just think about that. Have you got anything to focus on and aim towards?

Hi everyone, may I please join you too? Dan pointed me in the direction of this thread from the Discover board and you seem really friendly bunch :) I'm WWing from home as I've done it many, many times before. I'm a serial weight watcher, following the old weight watcher points - I have tried PPs but it's too complicated for me too as I think in 'old' points when it comes to being good - plus it works! I am about to have a big birthday and this really needs to be the year when I get my act together! Looking forward to getting to know you all x

Yay you found us Hules :D

Well I decided to stick with old points and just getting back on it in the morning.

Good idea about something to aim for Sweet-Temptation, now I just have to find something lol. Thinking maybe my wedding anniversary, not until the end of the year and would like to wear a dress. Haven't worn a dress since our wedding and it'll be my 7th anniversary. Just don't feel comfortable in them at this size. Well I'm off to plan my food for the morning and I will stick to it!

Good luck,
Dan x

So pleased you decided to stay x let us know how you're getting on tomorrow - loss of positive bingefree vibes for you hun, you can do it! X

I think something to aim for is a great idea. I lost weight a couple of years ago for my brothers wedding and felt fab, I planned to lose weight for my holiday to south Africa and my birthday this year but didn't/haven't managed it and feel a bit gutted. Your anniversary sounds like a plan!

Thanks Dan.
I have never experienced the old points system, so I have no complications doing the new pro points. I think doing the old points would confuse me.

Chips... they absolutely love you. And I do too, which is why I found it hard resisting a nice small portion. And then worried all week about them causing me to gain, but it turned out ok.

And welcome Hules.
This thread is definitely a brilliant bunch of people - they've even let me stay on even though I'm now a fraud and go to meetings.
I was only intending on going to one and not going back, now I can't keep out of there.

Especially as my leader is so friendly.
Last week she sent me a postcard congratulating me on losing half a stone.
This week another one has just arrived in the post saying...
"Well done Emma! 5% less of you to take up Snowdon next time!"

It's so nice that she takes the time out of her day just to write and send a little note like that.
It definitely makes me feel like I'm achieving something, doing well, and that it's being noticed.

Hope everyone is doing well =)
Almost the weekend... anyone got any plans?
Anyone got any strategies in place to avoid weekend binging??
Thankfully I'm not bad at restraining myself from binging atm.
Maybe that'll change one day and I'll have a huge one, but for now, I'm doing ok.

Hi elfy chips here :) Good job you're not in North Wales this weekend. Strong enough winds to blow you off Snowdon ! Dark, rainy and cold. My poor flowers and shrubs, the ones the snow didn't squash :( are getting battered. Such a strange year. Summmer flowering and spring flowers out together. Glad you're staying on the straight and narrow. Think Bank Hol weekend unsettled a lot of people. Some other threads have more Wobbles than a National Jelly Making Competition :rolleyes: Be good. chips xx

Hi Elfy! I've made a positive start so far. Started my seeing I'd managed to lose 2.5lbs in my first focussed day (mostly water I guess but even so it was a 'HURRAH' moment as I need to see it coming of to stay on track!) it also meant I had just about dropped under the 13s by 1/4lb for the first time in a couple of months :D. Off to work now with leftovers from yesterday's tea for lunch all pointed and packed. This weekend I've not much planned which is good. I cope better at home than when I go out, even when I take a packed lunch - too much temptation. Maybe dig a bit more of the veggie bed (bonus points :p) or see if there is a bike for my daughter at the local car boot. (P.S. sorry there are no paragraphs, my keyboard's enter button had decided to no longer work!??). How is everyone else getting on?

Welcome hules well done on your loss so far. Dan your anniversary sounds like something to aim for. You will knock your other halves socks off when he sees you in a dress for first time in years.

Hey elfy I am thinking of going to class next week with a couple of friends. For a voucher for free registration and free gift so might try it out. Got two nights out this week. Tonight is a hen do which involves a meal out but it's a grill place so hoping to have chicken skewer with rice and salad and then only a few alcoholic drinks after cos I put my name down for overtime after. Sat night got a 30th bday again it's a meal out but to an Indian. I have decided to drive so I don't have to drink alcohol and I am going to choose half a tandoori chicken and salad maybe some Bombay potatoes so fingers crossed I stick to healthy choices.

Yeah... I think the weather was good to us.
Me & my bf are planning on Scafell Pike next. Maybe sometime between now and August Bank Holiday.
Then after that, Ben Nevis!
Then, once we've done the three, got an idea of how tough they all are, considering doing the Three Peaks challenge for charity.
But that's a long way in the distance haha.

Some other threads have more Wobbles than a National Jelly Making Competition :rolleyes: Be good. chips xx

That actually made me giggle. Mmm... could really go for some jelly & ice cream right now.

Oh, and sweet... I completely forgot to say congrats on your loss.
Ordering your wedding dress?!?! How exciting... when are you getting married?!

2 and a half pounds is great Hules.
But try and avoid weighing every day if you can.
1) because your weight fluctuates daily/hourly and 2) it feels even better when you've gone a week and you've lost a decent amount

Back