Doing Weigh Watchers from home?!

Hey elfy I am thinking of going to class next week with a couple of friends. For a voucher for free registration and free gift so might try it out. Got two nights out this week. Tonight is a hen do which involves a meal out but it's a grill place so hoping to have chicken skewer with rice and salad and then only a few alcoholic drinks after cos I put my name down for overtime after. Sat night got a 30th bday again it's a meal out but to an Indian. I have decided to drive so I don't have to drink alcohol and I am going to choose half a tandoori chicken and salad maybe some Bombay potatoes so fingers crossed I stick to healthy choices.

Driving instead of drinking is a sensible choice. Means you can enjoy your food better without worrying how many points you're using eating and drinking.
Good that you've got your possible order set out already.
It's my best friend's birthday on monday and I think she's planning on going out for a meal next weekend to celebrate it. She knows I'm on ww, and I've told her I don't mind going out to eat, I'll just have an evening off and use a few weeklies. Not sure where she wants to go yet, but I'll try and pick something reasonably healthy so I don't stray too far.

And yeah, go along Sweet. The free gift is likely to be a choice of the Shop book (which I got), the Eat Out book (restaurant menu guide - think it could be helpful but I don't eat out very often) or a calculator. I have the app on my iPhone so had no need for that.
And it's nice meeting other people going through the same thing.
I was quiet for the first few meetings, but this week, I really got into chatting with the others and inputting during the meeting, and many people congratulated me after the meeting because the leader had announced my 5%.
Also, if they have a shop, I highly recommend the rhubarb & custard and the caramel mint hard boiled sweets - £1.50 for 2 boxed, just 2pp per box. Nice to have in the car for a little travel sweet. I also like the orange and lemon fruit pastilles (again £1.50 for 2 boxes, but just 1pp a box this time) and like taking a point of my dailies to eat an entire box haha.

Plus, look out for the £24.95 starter kit - it's the one I mentioned about being £18.70 online (but then noticed it was almost £4 for postage on top) - but it has a pedometer in it, which is £17 on it's own at the meeting, so defo a bargain.

End of ramble =D haha

2 and a half pounds is great Hules.
But try and avoid weighing every day if you can.
1) because your weight fluctuates daily/hourly and 2) it feels even better when you've gone a week and you've lost a decent amount
Ahh, I know that, but I've always done it and I like the reassurance. I don't actually weigh everyday, just when I wake up feeling gooood!:cool: I'm also still trying to decide which weigh-in day would be best for me. Climbing the peaks sounds fun - very Wainwright! More uphill walking is something I plan to do when I shift the next half stone or so (I HATE how sweaty it makes me when I am nearer 13st than 12). We live near the peak district so we are often there camping, cycling or walking, but my hubby is slim and fit and practically runs up hills - whereas I puff my way up at the moment and look and feel dreadful at the top! :rolleyes:..... I think I've just given myself another target! Hope you're all having a good weekend! xx

Can I join in :) I could really do with some support... I have a lovely partner although he is bored of 'diet talk'... :) xx N xx

Ahh, I know that, but I've always done it and I like the reassurance. I don't actually weigh everyday, just when I wake up feeling gooood!:cool: I'm also still trying to decide which weigh-in day would be best for me. Climbing the peaks sounds fun - very Wainwright! More uphill walking is something I plan to do when I shift the next half stone or so (I HATE how sweaty it makes me when I am nearer 13st than 12). We live near the peak district so we are often there camping, cycling or walking, but my hubby is slim and fit and practically runs up hills - whereas I puff my way up at the moment and look and feel dreadful at the top! :rolleyes:..... I think I've just given myself another target! Hope you're all having a good weekend! xx

Yeah, I know what you mean about reassurance. It's nice knowing that you're going the right way, but my scales are completely different to my ww meeting scales, so I have to try hard to avoid using them.
My boyfriend literally bounced up the majority of Mount Snowdon. He has far too much energy. I'm not quite as energetic as him, but I got there.

As for looking dreadful, I am constantly the sweatiest person when I've done a class down the gym. But that just makes me feel like I was putting lots of effort in and doing it well. There's a phrase that says something along the lines of If you still look good after your workout, then you didn't work hard enough.​
That's my motto and that's what I'm sticking with haha.

Welcome Valentine_N.

Sure you can join us - they're a very friendly bunch of people here =D

I feel that my boyfriend is like that. All I tend to talk about these days is exercising and eating. And he says he doesn't mind, but I'm sure he gets a little bored sometimes haha =)

Ah thanks elfy!

Can I ask a question about activity points... (sorry if it sounds dumb) ... Went for a walk today in the woods with my friend and the kids... we walked for an hour and we aimed to walk fast (not exactly power walking) and the pro points calculator said it was 5 pp... does this sound right? & if I use those points will it negatively impact weight loss?

It makes me laugh when I'm in gym and seem some women with hair and make up done not breaking a sweat - I think what's the point. I literally roll out off bed scrape my hair back, brush my teeth and hit the gym looking rough as!! Ha ha. I think the more sweat the better, sounds gross but then you feel like you've burnt fat. I have bought some sweats vests which is basically a plastic bag in shape of a vest to wear under my gym clothes which are supposed to make you burn more calories so hope I see some results with them.

Joined a meeting today elfy so will see how I get on.

Welcome valentine x

I will advise you to use all your activity points. I go gym 5 times a week and live the extra points I use. When exercising your body needs more calories so that's what the extra points are there for! X

Thanks :) good as I am doing all I can to limit the damage of this coming weekend... all weekend away fom home... Dinner & poss wine while out with friends on Friday and a wedding on Saturday... eeek x

It makes me laugh when I'm in gym and seem some women with hair and make up done not breaking a sweat - I think what's the point. I literally roll out off bed scrape my hair back, brush my teeth and hit the gym looking rough as!! Ha ha. I think the more sweat the better, sounds gross but then you feel like you've burnt fat. I have bought some sweats vests which is basically a plastic bag in shape of a vest to wear under my gym clothes which are supposed to make you burn more calories so hope I see some results with them.

Joined a meeting today elfy so will see how I get on.

Welcome valentine x

Yeah... I'm like that. I am always the sweatiest person after a fitness class. And I don't care because I've obviously been working hard.
There's a phrase saying If you still look good after a work out, then you obviously weren't working hard enough.
And that's what I'm sticking too.

And ooh... now I'm not the only traitor haha.
Were the meeting scales much different from your scales at home?
How did you find the meeting? Helpful?
Did you get your free gift?

As for Activity Points Valentine, I don't tend to use mine. But then I don't use my weeklies either.
I go to the gym/fitness classes about 6-8 times a week. I've been losing 2lbs a week.
Perhaps if I used my AP/Weeklies, then I might lose more.
But right now I'm happy enough losing 2lbs a week and don't want to risk less/sts/gain by messing about with extra points.

The meeting was ok. The scales were about 1lb out but I normally get weighed at home in a morning and the class is in the evening. I got the shop guide but don't need it so will prob sell it on eBay. I also have the calculator and eating out book from when I joined previous. Joined with 2 friends so got support from them as well as you lovely people on here xx :)

Can I join in :) I could really do with some support... I have a lovely partner although he is bored of 'diet talk'... :) xx N xx

Hi valentine, welcome. Try not to go into the weekend dreading your meals out, wedding etc. You can live normally if you plan ahead and don't go nuts ...... If it's a buffet fill your own plate and chose healthiest options available, which for me would be leaving the vol au vents, quiche and pork pies alone. Beware of crisps & nuts, bread rolls and butter. In a restaurant situation, don't be afraid to ask for your meal without creamy sauces. Drink loads of water and think how good you'll feel on Monday if you know you exercised some control without depriving yourself. Good Luck. chips xx

So, I was a bit worried that I might not lose as much as usual due to missing 3 gym sessions from my normal week of exercising this week.
But turns out I had no need to worry as I lost 2.5lbs. An extra half a pound to what I normally lose. Strange. But yay!
I'm half a pound away from losing a stone since joining this forum, and 1.5lbs away from a stone at my ww meeting.
So still going strong, which is good to know. Just 20.5lb from goal!
I can do this!!!

Well done elfy! I am very envious of your results as you are doing great and you are so motivated. I have had a few things in last couple of weekends so that's my excuse ha ha. Keep up the hard work xx

Thanks Sweet, but you have nothing to be envious of.
You're doing just as well yourself.
I'm so motivated because I don't want to step on those scales at meeting and for my number to have gone up.
Everyone asks how you got on, and I don't want to say that I gained.
And then there's this forum - I don't want to have to say I gained here.
Or to tell my mum, my grandma and my boyfriend I gained.
Not that any of them would be angry/disappointed, they'd be supportive, but I know that I won't feel happy saying it.
I'm just accountable to too many people.
And it's fine to have blips/events/off days (remind me I said that when I'm having a late night paranoia freak out, which is quite often haha), just as long as you get right back on track.
I worked out that on 27 points a day (just 1.5lbs away from dropping down to 26), I'm eating just 1080 calories a day (excluding free items such as fruit & veg etc), which is a fair amount below the average female daily guideline. So if I want to eat the piece of cake, I damn well am going to. I have the weeklies & activity points for it! Haha
(I'm saying all this - I know damn well if it came to me wanting a piece of cake, I'd um and ah over it for a while, until I gave in and ate it and then feel guilty about it for the rest of the day/week lol)

:party0011: Well Done Elfy. Go Girl chips xx :party0011:

Thank you Chips... I have been mega controlled this week and even when I have been really hungry I have managed to stay on the plan so I really hope I can stay in control with the weekend... I think its the booze that I will need to be careful of but its my friends wedding so I am going to relax :) Feel quite proud of myself as I even turned down a coffee the other day (starbucks sugary coffee) ... Dieting is hard work !!

xx

Thanks guys =D

I've got 15 dailies left to eat today, have earned myself 20 activity points.
I could be really "naughty" and go get a KFC.
But I won't.
Although I bought the Deluxe Starter Kit at meeting today which included the eating out guide (so if anyone has any questions about a restaurant, give me a shout and I'll more than happily point it up for you - well, as long as you're on the new points *glares at chips* :crazy:) and I discovered that a KFC BBQ Ranch Salad is only 3 points (although I tot it up as 5 on my calculator). Either way, really good in my opinion.

Right, enough waffle, I'm off for a shower cuz I'm all sweaty and skanky after Zumba then off to ze pub quiz.
Have a good evening everyone =D

Back