Dollyanna's 157th Attempt at a Food Diary

Dollyanna

Hiya!

I've had a food diary on here before but I feel like I needed a fresh start! I used to do green/red days 24/7 but now I have been fully converted to Extra Easy and I love it.

I started on 8th March and so far I've lost 3lbs. My target is 10st, preferably by the Summer, so hopefully keeping track of things on here and getting advice will help me get there on time or even a bit quicker!

So if you could all give me lots of help and advice that would be very much appreciated :)

Dolly :king: xxx

Tuesday 20 March 2012

B:
2 x Alpen Light Bars HEXB
Grapes

S:
2 Oranges
Tea - 375 ml of Skimmed Milk HEXA

L:
Ham, chicken, mixed leaf salad, cherry tomatos & red onion
Punnet of strawberries

D:
Linda McCartney Sausages, fried egg, SW chips, baked beans & a side salad
Mini Twister (2.5)

Total Syns: 2.5

You might notice that today & tomorrow's syns will be quite low. That's because I had a syn fest at the weekend and want to undo all the bad I've done before Thurs Eve (my weigh in)

Last edited:
Wednesday 21 March 2012

B:
Baked beans
Kelloggs Fibre Plus Bar HEXB
Tea - 375 ml of Skimmed Milk HEXA

L:
M&S Sweet Chilli Chicken (2) with a mixed salad (tomatoes, lettuce, spring onion, cucumber etc)
Orange

S:
Oranges

D:
Gammon, fried egg, SW chips
2 tbsp Ketchup (2)
Mini twister (2.5)

Total Syns: 6.5

Last edited:
Thursday 22 March 2012

B:
Large Skinny Latte HEXA
Mixed fruit salad

L:
Sweet Chilli Chicken (1) with mixed salad
Bachelors Chicken Pasta Pot Shot (0.5)

S:
2 Oranges

D:
Pasta and Sauce
Ham
Red onion
Orange
Marshmellows (2.5)

Syns: 4

I stayed the same this week :( Expected it but I was hoping for even a little half pound off! Never mind, fresh start this week.

Last edited:
Friday 23 March 2012

B:
2 Hi-Fi Lights Bar HEXB
Tea, 375ml Skimmed Milk HEXA
Orange x 3

L:
Jacket potato with baked beans, slices of roast chicken (fat removed) and mixed salad
2 x Oranges

S:
Punnet of strawberries

D:
Spaghetti bolognese (1)
Garlic bread (3)

Total Syns: 4 of 70 syns

Last edited:
Saturday 24 March 2012
B:
2 x lean bacon
Tea, 375ml Skimmed Milk HEXA

L:
Stirfried courgette, mushrooms and pepper and ham
Orange

D:
Bruschetta with Goats Cheese (10)
Chilli prawns in a tomato sauce with linguine, olive oil HEXB

S:
Baskin Robbins - 2 scoops of icecream and a waffle :p (30)

Total Syns: 44 of 70 syns

Sunday 25 March 2012
B:
Banana
Tea, 375 ml Skimmed Milk HEXA

L:
Salmon fillet in mixed salad
Orange

D:
Spaghetti Bolognese
Fromage frais

S:
Choc Banana Scan Bran Cake HEXB (3)
Tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5)

Total Syns: 49.5 of 70 syns

Just nosying through your diary-as loving the user name! Well done for staying the same after your syn fest :)

Just nosying through your diary-as loving the user name! Well done for staying the same after your syn fest :)

Haha thank you! It's embarassing how many of these food diaries I have lurking about on here! Thank you, hopefully that won't happen again but I seriously doubt it... :D

Monday 26 March 2012
B:
Activia Peach Snack pot (0.5)
Orange

S:
Apple

L:
Chicken Salad
Orange

D:
SW Chips
Linda McCartney Veg Sausage (2)
Linda McCartney Rosemary & Red Onion Sausage
Baked Beans
Mixed salad

S:
Scan Bran Cake HEXB (3)
1 tbsp Golden Syrup (2.5)

Total Syns: 57.5 of 70 syns

Last edited:
Hi Dollyanna

Glad you enjoying EE, im scared to try them again, all the super free and loosing an a and b choice. :sigh:

Hi Dollyanna

Glad you enjoying EE, im scared to try them again, all the super free and loosing an a and b choice. :sigh:

Hello :eek:
I know I was like that when I first started it! I really missed having 2 each. It's fine once you get used to it though, so much easier when it comes to planning dinner & lunch.

Might start alternating next month though, see if it makes a difference to my weight loss! Are you still doing the green and red plans? xx

Hello :) Yes am on red and green tend to do 4 red and 3 green.. Will watch your diary with interest and pick up some tips for EE. Have seen lots of good weight loss on EE but i seem to loose better on low carbs. Have just started a diary too, find its really helping x

Tuesday 27 March 2012
Green Day
B:
Baked beans
2 Hi-Fi Lights HEXB
Orange
Tea, 375 ml of Skimmed Milk HEXA

L:
Linda McCartney Veg Sausage (2) and Red Onion & Rosemary Sausage
Mixed Salad

S:
Oranges
Curly Wurly (6)
Mini Donut (3)

D:
Chicken & Mushroom Pasta 'n' Sauce
Reduced fat cheese HEXA
Red onion

Total Syns: 68.5 of 70 syns

Last edited:
Hello :) Yes am on red and green tend to do 4 red and 3 green.. Will watch your diary with interest and pick up some tips for EE. Have seen lots of good weight loss on EE but i seem to loose better on low carbs. Have just started a diary too, find its really helping x

Will follow your diary too! I think I might have to go back to red and green to be honest because I have a sneeky feeling I'll have better losses. But will see what the scales say this Thursday! xx

Hallo :)

Your food seems fine hun, what's in your 'mixed salad' though? I think of salad and imagine a few bits of lettuce and a tomato lol which obviously wouldn't be enough!!

If you do sts one thing to try is daily syns instead of weekly - you might find it easier to manage them that way.

xxx

Hallo :)

Your food seems fine hun, what's in your 'mixed salad' though? I think of salad and imagine a few bits of lettuce and a tomato lol which obviously wouldn't be enough!!

If you do sts one thing to try is daily syns instead of weekly - you might find it easier to manage them that way.

xxx

Thank you! I haven't thought of doing the daily 5 - 10 syns instead of weekly. That's probably a much better idea...I'll give that go.

I buy the big bistro bowls of salad in Tesco and have 2 handfuls of those usually with lunch but should probably mix it up a bit. If all else fails then I'll go back to alternating green and red!

Thanks for your help :) xx

Yeah more veg hun! I eat it like it's going out of fashion, and I hide it in everything I can! Just buy the frozen steam packs, 3 mins in the microwave and it's done, and it's really nice! :D

You could also swap white pasta/rice for the brown ones, both are free and both are fine but I find the wholegrain types help me lose faster.

Good luck & let us know how WI goes :) xxx

Hi there. Just having a nosy at a few diaries. A couple of things have struck me when reading yours,especially with your STS & worries about this week.

Fruit/veg ratio. You should try & have 2/3rds of your SUPERFREE as veg if at all possible. Fruit is great, but it does have sugar in whereas veg doesn't. You should also. Have a look at the superspeed fruits, like pineapple, berries etc. grapes are not one of the superspeed fruits unfortunately - which is rubbish as I love them!

Syns: doing them weekly doesn't work with everyone. Try sticking to 10 a day rather than 70 a week.

Make sure 1/3rd of each plate is SUPERFREE. Again, some pol can get away without doing this, and others can't. Best to try it the 'by the book' way first & then figure out what oh can & can't get away with (if you're unlucky the answer will be nothing like me :()

Anyway, good luck at your next weigh in :) x

Hi there. Just having a nosy at a few diaries. A couple of things have struck me when reading yours,especially with your STS & worries about this week.

Fruit/veg ratio. You should try & have 2/3rds of your SUPERFREE as veg if at all possible. Fruit is great, but it does have sugar in whereas veg doesn't. You should also. Have a look at the superspeed fruits, like pineapple, berries etc. grapes are not one of the superspeed fruits unfortunately - which is rubbish as I love them!

Syns: doing them weekly doesn't work with everyone. Try sticking to 10 a day rather than 70 a week.

Make sure 1/3rd of each plate is SUPERFREE. Again, some pol can get away without doing this, and others can't. Best to try it the 'by the book' way first & then figure out what oh can & can't get away with (if you're unlucky the answer will be nothing like me :()

Anyway, good luck at your next weigh in :) x

Thank you for your advice, will defo take that on board. I seem to have more salad then veg (apart from when the veg is in the bolognese and lasagne). I might try roasting it as snacks etc.

Will see what I weigh in as tomorrow and then start afresh with 10 a day and more superfree! If that doesn't work then back to alternating between green and red because at least I know that works for me. Thank you for your help! :) xx

Back