DollyGirl's Diary!

DollyGirl92

Hi! I'm Simone, I'm 17, 5ft8, 15st8 & a Size 16 and my weight-loss journey starts tomorrow! I'm really excited to get started on the Cambridge diet, and my family are doing it too!

I was always a little bit on the chubby side since moving to England from Saudi Arabia when I was 10, and a combination of bullying, PTSD and social anxiety lead me to finding a new best friend, in the form of food. I tried to loose weight many times but never found anything that worked for me, and I've decided that this time will be the last time I try to loose weight and I'm determined I will be successful! as I don't want to struggle with my weight in later life like my Dad.
Both my Mum and Dad are doing it too so I have their support in this which is a great help, and My boyfriend in supportive too :) (My friends however are not, but you win some, you loose some!)

My 18th Birthday is April 8th and I'm hoping to be 2 stone lighter, and hoping that by my boyfriends Birthday which is the 31st of July, I'll be close to my goal weight.
I've not set a proper goal weight as I'm unsure where to aim for having never had a weight that I 'liked' being at. I went for 10st 5 as that's the middle healthy weight for my height (5ft8) but my CDC has said to aim for healthy, which puts me at 11st 7, so I'm thinking somewhere in that band will be right for me, I'd just like to be able to shop in your regular high-street shops and feel comfortable!

I've really enjoyed reading this forum over the past week and I'm so excited and so ready to get started!

Hi! I'm Simone, I'm 17, 5ft8, 15st8 & a Size 16 and my weight-loss journey starts tomorrow! I'm really excited to get started on the Cambridge diet, and my family are doing it too!

I was always a little bit on the chubby side since moving to England from Saudi Arabia when I was 10, and a combination of bullying, PTSD and social anxiety lead me to finding a new best friend, in the form of food. I tried to loose weight many times but never found anything that worked for me, and I've decided that this time will be the last time I try to loose weight and I'm determined I will be successful! as I don't want to struggle with my weight in later life like my Dad.
Both my Mum and Dad are doing it too so I have their support in this which is a great help, and My boyfriend in supportive too :) (My friends however are not, but you win some, you loose some!)

My 18th Birthday is April 8th and I'm hoping to be 2 stone lighter, and hoping that by my boyfriends Birthday which is the 31st of July, I'll be close to my goal weight.
I've not set a proper goal weight as I'm unsure where to aim for having never had a weight that I 'liked' being at. I went for 10st 5 as that's the middle healthy weight for my height (5ft8) but my CDC has said to aim for healthy, which puts me at 11st 7, so I'm thinking somewhere in that band will be right for me, I'd just like to be able to shop in your regular high-street shops and feel comfortable!

I've really enjoyed reading this forum over the past week and I'm so excited and so ready to get started!

Welcome Simone!

This is going to be such a great journey for you.
It's great your family is on the plan to it reduces the temptations of home food as you will all be in the same position.

I am 25, 5ft2 13st5lbs i want to Get to the 10s a healthy bmi.Today is day 7 for me I've had a good week my 1st wi is 2moro very excited and anxious to seem my results.

Wishing you the best start 2moro... Stay strong and positive and update on ur journey.

Rita

Hi Rita! good luck on your first weight in tomorrow, you'll have done well!

Yeah, I think it will help, it means only my younger brother will be eating normal food, and my boyfriend when he's hear at the weekend, so hopefully it will make it easier on all of us.

Thankyou! I've been reading your diary foxy x

Thankyou Island girl! I've been up half an hour (lucky me sleeping in!) and I've had 2 big glasses of water (around 400ml each) and a big tea without milk which is around 500ml so I'm well on my way!

Having my First shake, and if the toffee and walnut is anything to go by, I'm going to enjoy this!

So it's half five and I'm feeling really hungry! we're doing SS+ so I'm going to have something to eat in about half an hour to an hour which should help, then having my last shake as a desert. I'm also feeling quite light headed and dizzy which is awful!

I tried the oriental chili soup and I didn't like it, so my mum suggested I try the tomato and I could not eat it at all! it was horrible. so in the end I had a mint choc shake, I really couldn't stomach the other two.

I've managed just over 3 liters of water, so I'm quite proud of that (possibly burned off so many calories by running up and down the stairs ever 10 minutes haha!) so I'm hoping I can keep this up, I keep telling myself I'm not really hungry, I'm just missing diet coke and carbs, I'm not actually hungry.

Start of day 2! woke up feeling fine and starting with my water, I wrote down what I drank yesterday so I'm just going to copy it today as that worked for me, I might add to it but we'll see.

From yesterday I learned that I don't like the soups, so I think I'm going to stick to shakes, we have some of the vegetable, could anyone advice me there on if I should give it ago? I'm not a big soup person normally, do any of you just have shakes/tetras? no savory?

So I'm almost done with my second day, and I'm feeling great!

I'm on SS+ so I'm having 3 shakes and a small meal, mine's been an omelet with veg, and I'm really enjoying it, it's hard, but easier than I thought, I'm not feeling awful, and I'm not wanting to quit. I'm excited to keep going and see those pounds fall off.

My mum and I have been keeping to SS+ 100%, but my Dad who is doing SS, isn't. He's only having 3 shakes, when he should be having 4 and this worries me a lot as I don't want anything to happen to him, but I've no idea how to convince him to have that extra shake. It won't make a big difference to his losses will it?

I'm finding today much harder than I've found the past 2 days, but I think it's because today I feel very low and down and I just want a pick me up, and that used to be lunch out, or a starbucks coffee but obviously I can't do that.
The carb monster also tried to convince me earlier that I'm fine the way I am and that I should just eat pasta and go to sleep, which is sounding appealing but I really don't want to cave.

This is a horrible day.

DollyGirl92 said:
I'm finding today much harder than I've found the past 2 days, but I think it's because today I feel very low and down and I just want a pick me up, and that used to be lunch out, or a starbucks coffee but obviously I can't do that.
The carb monster also tried to convince me earlier that I'm fine the way I am and that I should just eat pasta and go to sleep, which is sounding appealing but I really don't want to cave.

This is a horrible day.

DollyGirl !

Keep strong once your in ketosis you be finding it easy.

Just remember why your doing this.... It's only so many weeks out of your life

Don't give in just have an early night today plenty of fluids

Cause I'm doing SS+ I'm having my little dinner now and I'm enjoying it, perking me up a little. I'm finding that between 2pm and 6pm I have a little wobble, but I'm feeling better now.
Thankyou so much MyYear, keeps me motivated to hear someone else telling me to keep strong!
How're you doing love? x

DollyGirl92 said:
Cause I'm doing SS+ I'm having my little dinner now and I'm enjoying it, perking me up a little. I'm finding that between 2pm and 6pm I have a little wobble, but I'm feeling better now.
Thankyou so much MyYear, keeps me motivated to hear someone else telling me to keep strong!
How're you doing love? x

Glad you've made it through

I had a good day till around 2 hours ago when I've been feeling alittle nausea and funny taste in my mouth...I guess the good things I don't even want to eat i feel full which is weird.

Anyway my answer to everything is a glass of water.... Hehehe

An early night and hope for a better day 2moro

Aww, I hope that's passed.

Yes, a glass of water or a big cup of tea is the answer! I never used to drink tea but now I quite like it cause it's not got milk in it, I think that's whats making the difference for me.

Woke up this morning and did my ketostix and it was pink! so I am in ketosis, hopefully today will be an easier day, having a very long bath and watching some TV shows to pass some time. Biggest Task of the day is that my Brother wants a Subway so I've got to pick that up, which is awful as it's the fast food I go for! :(

Hi DollyGirl - Just think, if you can resist the Subway, you can resist anything!!! Now you're in ketosis it gets easier here on in. When's your first weigh in? x

Hiya doll!

Well done on the first few days of CD. It gets easier I promise :)

With the not liking soups thing, I find that my tastes are changing from week to week, so I wouldn't worry about not liking the soup. One way i found th help get them down was to add chilli powder or pepper.

Your dad should really be sticking to his 4 shakes a day so his body doesn't go into starvation mode and hang on to fat, but what works for some doesn't always work for others.

I've found that green tea with peppermint is quite nice, and the green tea bit helps to give your metabolism a boost.

Looking forward to reading more of your journey.

Bean x

I'm hoping that I can resist, I should be able too, Just had a coffee shake blended up with loads of ice and extra coffee and it tasted so much like a starbuck frappacino (without cream though, I love cream haha)

It's the smell of the bread from subway that gets me! but I'm not going cave in because as much as that would taste good, I'd regret it after and I want a shopping trip for size 10-12s more! My 18th Birthday is April 8th and I'm looking forward to have hopefully shifted around 2st by then and be able to look back at the pictures and not cringe like I have of the ones around Christmas.

My first WI is Monday, all three of us go get weighed, I've been 100% so I'm hoping for a good one.
I LOVE peppermint green tea, I wasn't sure if we could have it but I'm going to go make a cup now, we've got these huge 500ml mugs so I keep making those up so I'm getting through alot of fluids.

Do you all have diaries too? link them if you do :)

You are doing so well hun, u sound so positive and completely focused, keep up the gd work and after a big loss on Monday it will motivate u even more!!!!!

Back