* Dolphin's Maintainence Diary *

dolphin10

Silver Member
Having done nearly 2 weeks on refeed I am moving on to maintainence, this will incorporate calorie counting, lipotrim caramel bar and slimming world.
:553:
I am starting off with good intentions. I would like to plan ahead so that I am not stuck. I have lost my appetite, I lthink my stomach has shrunk a bit I don't need to eat much to feel full. I go for walks each day, my blood pressure is back to normal and I am not limping about anymore. I have gained a lot with Lipotrim but my hair loss is proving to be a nuisance however I believe I will get over this hurdle too. I will post my menu in the coming days.
Week 1 - Day 1
Breakfast - Orange Juice - 120 ml
Weetabix - 2 biscuits
Semi skimmed milk - 150 ml
Lunch - Tuna 60 g
Mixed salad - 180g
Bread - 1 Slice Bread -

Dinner - Chicken 180g
carrots, broccoli, green beans
Fruit salad 120 g
low fat natural yogurt small tub

Daily 2 litres of water

Week 1 - Day 2
Breakfast- Honey melon 150g
Egg - 1
Bread Toasted - 1 slice 30 g
Lunch- Sardines 60 g
Mixed salad - 180g
Bread - 1 Slice Bread
Low fat spread 2 tsps
Dinner - Lamb 180g
Cauliflower 90 g Green bean 90 g
1 banana
low fat natural yogurt small tub
Daily 2 litres of water
I need to work out the calorie intake using myfitnesspal.

Week 1 - Day 3
Breakfast - 10 red grapes
Weetabix - 2 biscuits
Lunch - Grilled Salmon
Mixed Vegetables ( Tesco) - 150g
1 pear
Dinner - Chicken Pasta 180g
Onions green and red peppers,

mushrooms, 1 tsp of oil
1 Banaa
tea and coffe with skimmed milk
Daily 2 litres of water

Week 1 - Day 4
Breakfast - Grape fruit 1/2
Porridge with semi skimmed milk - 150 ml

Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with lemon juice 180 g
Mixed Vegetables ( Tesco) - 150g
1 banana
Dinner - White fish- grilled 120g
Onions and tomatoes gilled,

Cauliflower 90 g
1 orange
Daily 2 litres of water

Week 1 - Day 5
Breakfast - ornage juice 120 ml
2 slices of bread - 1 tblsp jam

Lunch - 2 hard boiled eggs
Mixed salad
fruit salad

Dinner - White fish- grilled 120g
Onions and tomatoes gilled,

Cauliflower 90 g
1 banaa
Daily 2 litres of water

Week 1 - Day 6
Breakfast - Honey dew melon slice
1 egg - mushrooms grilled 90 g
1 slice of bread - 30 g
Magaarine 1 tsp
Lunch - Sardine 60 g
Mixed salad ( tomatoe cucumber lettuce ) 180g
Low fat yorgurt

Dinner - Roast lamb 120g
Broccoli 90 g cauliflower 90 g carrots 90g

Strawberies 150 g
Daily 2 litres of water

Week 1 - Day 7
Breakfast - Sultanas 30g
Porridge - 30 g
175 ml skimmed milk

Lunch - Mushroom omellete ( made with 2 eggs, mushrooms
1 tsp vegetable oil)
Mixed salad ( tomatoe cucumber lettuce ) 180g
bread roll 30 g

Dinner - Medium Jacket potatoe with cottage
Mixed salad
1 Medium orange
Daily 2 litres of water

Last edited:
Look forward to having you around here :)
I too suffered with hair loss after finishing TFR. It has now stopped but its certainly no where near as thick as it used to be but I look at it as a small price to pay for being slim.

Well done on getting your blood pressure back to normal and getting rid of a limp - great stuff :)

Thank you Tanya. I feel ever so good having lost nearly 3 stones, all that weight was wearing me down. I am glad I have got rid of it but now I have to deal with hair loss which is not a very pleasant thing as a woman:cry:I am very careful about food now, I don't know how long it's going to last but I hope to lose another 20+Ibs over the coming months. I am going to put up a menu for the next week or so, I need to be organised in order to maintain my weight. I look forward to seeing you around here more often:D

Welcome to maintenance and best of luck for getting the rest off that u want to lose.

I had hair loss too, and it's stopped now after 3 months. I myself felt like my hair was much thinner but noone has said they've notice and two hairdresser trips and nothing mentioned so hopefully for u it won't be too bad.

Well done on your losses :) x

Welcome to maintenance and best of luck for getting the rest off that u want to lose.

I had hair loss too, and it's stopped now after 3 months. I myself felt like my hair was much thinner but noone has said they've notice and two hairdresser trips and nothing mentioned so hopefully for u it won't be too bad.

Well done on your losses :) x

Thanks, you look brilliant on the photograph, your hair looks fine to me, perhaps only you notice the thin hair. Not every one is affected by this diet, still there are so many benefits relating to weight loss, I am going to make sure I keep this weight off now. :D

updated menu

I have updated my menu for the first few days, I will come back and add calories to ensure I am on the right track.:D

Both days looking good so far :)

Welcome to maintenance and well done on your losses. Best of luck x

Hon, been following you for a good while. I'm delighted refeed went well. You are bringing the same positive attitude to the maintenance phase. You can lose the twenty pounds with healthy eating. I managed another 29 pounds after TFR, so it is doable.
Planning is your best bet! Keep at it.

Thank you Molly for your encouragement, I intend to stay on top of all this, also I intend to reach my goal weight by healthy eating.:D I have joined slimming world and ordered few diet related books from my local library. :D

Hair loss research

I have been doing some research on hair loss when dieting, I just thought I will post this here:-

Telogen Effluvium - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment

Definition
Telogen effluvium is a form of nonscarring alopecia characterized by diffuse hair shedding, often with an acute onset. A chronic form with a more insidious onset and a longer duration also exists. Telogen effluvium is a reactive process caused by a metabolic or hormonal stress or by medications. Normally, recovery is spontaneous and occurs within 6 months. If there is some shock to the system, as many as 70% of the scalp hairs are then shed in large numbers about 2 months after the shock. This sudden increase in hair loss, usually described as the hair coming out in handfuls, is acute telogen effluvium. No treatment is needed for most cases of telogen effluvium. Remember that the hairs fall out when a new hair growing beneath it pushes it out. Thus with this type of hair loss, hair falling out is a sign of hair regrowth.
Causes

1. Acute illness such as febrile illness, severe infection, major surgery and severe trauma can cause telogen effluvium.
  2. The diseases like diabetes, lupus and thyroid disorders can cause telogen effluvium.
  3. Having inadequate protein or iron in your diet or poor nourishment in other ways can cause you to experience telogen effluvium.
  4. Medications, of which the most frequency cited are beta-blockers, anticoagulants, retinoid which includes excess vitamin A, propylthiouracil which induces hypothyroidism, carbamazepine, and immunizations can also cause telogen effluvium.
  5. Severe psychological stress can also cause this disease to occur.
  6. Major surgery or illnesses are also risk factors in causing this disease. These increases the chances to have this disease a lot.
Symptoms

1. Thinning of hair over the entire head is the most common symptoms in telogen effluvium.
  2. If you have telogen effluvium, you'll notice more hair than usual accumulating on your pillowcase, on the shower or bathroom floor and in your hairbrush.
  3. In this disease men usually lose hair on the front hairline and forehead and on top of the head. Only hair around the ears, the sides, and back of the head remains unaffected.
  4. In active telogen effluvium, the gentle hair pull test will yield at least 4 hairs with each pull. If the patient's active shedding has ceased, the hair pull will be normal.
  5. There should be no areas of total alopecia in a patient with telogen effluvium. Scarring is not present.
Treatment

1. No treatment for active telogen effluvium has been proven effective. Some causes of the disorder can be corrected.
  2. While chronic telogen effluvium is less likely to resolve rapidly. Often, the knowledge that the hair loss will not progress to baldness is comforting to the patient. The patient should be encouraged to style the hair in a way, which masks any perceived defects in hair density.
  3. In cases where hair [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]growth[/COLOR][/COLOR] has not returned to a satisfactory level, your doctor may prescribe minoxidil which is a lotion applied to the scalp that stimulates hair growth in some people.
  4. Avoid the hair color or cosmetics which are capable of making the hairs weak.

Hi Dolphin,
Good to see you here. I really wouldn't worry so much about the hair loss. It happens and to most happens quite bad but within a few months it grows back and you look fab :)
I fretted so much about mine but to be honest most people didn't even notice!
How is slimming world going?

Thank you for your kind comments.
I was at a 21st birthday party last night and received loads of compliment regarding my slim figure ( not so slim I don't think) but everyone noticed so I was really pleased.
I am sorry I can't help but worry about my hair loss. Like everyone says it's going to be fine.
I have joined Slimming World for weigh in purposes, I know I have to maintain my weight and weekly visit to the club will keep me on my toes. I do my own thing really, calories counting and looking at GL foods etc. I would like to lose another 20 Ibs or so but not on Lipotrim, I know I can do it but the worry about hair loss is not worth the effort.
I am really impressed how everyone on the maintainence forum watch what they eat and if there is slightest gain they try to shed it, this thing is for life I suppose:D

Last edited:
I have worked out my first week's menu, I am going to keep it on my first page so that it is easily accessed. I haven't been tempeted with any foods as yet, I can easily say "no" to anything which I think will bring the demons back:D

It most definitely is a lifetime thing this maintenance lark! But it's better than the alternative! x

I went for my weigh in on Wednesday and found that I have gained 1 Ib. I attended a 21st birthday party on Sunday and a wedding reception on Monday evening, I was very careful with what I ate:eek: but still...
Breakfast
Alpen - 28g
Lunch - Roast Chicken Leg
Carrots, peas and 2 new potatoes
Gravy
I had this lunch at British Home Stores, I felt I needed to treat myself.:D
Dinner -I didn't fee hungry, I had Ovaltine with
skimmed milk to finish the day off.

Daily 2+ litres of water

Currently I am taking the following:-
Vitamin B complex
One a day Cod Liver Oil
Multivitamins
Iron tablets
Vitamin E
Thyroxine 125mg
Plus I am using Regaine for Women ( scalp lotion)
I have ordered Nourkrin for Women ( 3 months supply)
I might have over done it a bit but I feel so anxious despite reassurances from several good people on these forums. :D

A pound gain is to be expected after two nights outings. Just cut back a little and you will knock it off. Well done on getting the nourkrin and regaine to tackle the hair loss. It will take at least three months for those to help so have patience with it.
Have a good weekend.

A pound gain is to be expected after two nights outings. Just cut back a little and you will knock it off. Well done on getting the nourkrin and regaine to tackle the hair loss. It will take at least three months for those to help so have patience with it.
Have a good weekend.

Thank you Molly, so you know about Regaine and Nourkrin? I checked these two out at Boots, very costly, Nourkrin was priced at 51.25 for a month's supply, I decided to do some research googling and managed to get 3 months supply for 84.50. Regaine was the same price so I bought it from our local chemist. Let's hope it works out for me:D

Well, I have been to British Home Stores again:p

Breakfast
Alpen - 28g
Lunch - Fish ( I removed the batter)
peas and 2 new potatoes

Hey I need to treat myself.:D
Strawberries
Dinner -Caramel Bar
Tea, coffee and 2+ litres of water

Back