ProPoints Dominoes' Diary

Food updated after a disasterous supermarket trip. Managed to buy 3pp bread instead of the 2pp stuff and then an 11pp chocolate bar because I couldn't find M&Ms.

Ah well at least your not trolly high with stuff... ! x and it's all pointable xx

True, it was just a quick lunchtime run. I can deal with the bread and I'm going to give away the chocolate.

Welcome!

Yes, but weirdly I don't write it down! I normally put frozen berries and/or a banana in my muesli in the morning (or make it all into a smoothie) and then one or two pieces as snacks at work. Recently I've been eating less of it at work because I've been feeling less hungry but I always have some at breakfast.

Cool. I think it's the key to this diet. I've been doing MFP and I've found myself not eating fruit because I have to count the calories and I'd rather have chocolate and crisps with the calories lol x

Haha, me too! I used to do the old plan a few years ago and I never ever ate fruit then. Veg were free but if I was spending points then I'd always go for a mini chocolate bar rather than a piece of fruit!

This is the kind of thing that I've got really into:
berries.jpg

Love them mixed into muesli, smoothies, with ice cream!

They are! I obviously buy the German equivalent at the moment but I had a quick look for them on Tesco partly for the picture, partly to check the price. Those ones are £2 for 500g which is pretty good!

So, I've just updated yesterday's food yet again! I had unplanned wine but that's ok and definitely helped my enjoyment of the film! I'm absolutely shattered and today is not looking good. I've just got to work and had an email that suggests that the last week of data entry I've had to do was entirely pointless. Can't wait to leave!

Today:
Muesli and yogurt: 6
Ryebread and pb: 10
Avocado pasta: 9

25/27
(16/49)

Oh no sounds like a poo day at work !! . what do you do? x

I'm a legal assistant for a music company but I tend to end up with the rubbish admin jobs for any department that doesn't have capacity! This isn't my normal job though, in London I work in publishing, negotiating contracts with authors and I'm going back to that in the new year.

Ooh sounds interesting ! not long to go then your back to what you enjoy x

It's really interesting, especially now that ebooks are such an important part of it. Looking forward to going back!

Yeah i bet !!! I love reading, I have kindle app on my phone and it's good but you can't beat a good old hardback ! lol..

Sounds like a cool job. I'm still on the old fashioned paper back. Not sure if I want to move onto the kindle :0/
Why are you living in Germany? X

I'm still sticking to paperbacks too. I can't quite bring myself to buy a kindle and I'm not sure I'd want to read on an ipad or anything. I've tried it on my phone and it's just like reading emails or something. Real books are definitely more enjoyable!

I studied German at uni and had the chance to come and work here so I did! I've been since last summer and loved it but I'm definitely looking forward to coming home now. Apart from the boring job, my main problem here has been food - there's so much stuff you can't get, they don't really go in for pre-prepared food or low fat things so if I forget my lunch it's hard to just grab a sandwich with the NVs on the side.

OMG! Just found double cream here! I'm so excited, going to be cooking with that ALL the time now.

As soon as I've checked the points, obviously!

2pp per big spoon, 3pp for two. Amazing! This is so worth it, I'm even going to use some points on cake this weekend. :D

Weirdly, they have it in the creme fraiche sections. Very odd.

Hiya here to follow ;) it must be really interesting living in Germany, I've only been once but I loved it, my bf was born there (his mum was an army brat ;) ) although I understand not having the prepackaged food thing, when I was there I craved pineapple the whole time but I couldn't find any cut up already and I didn't bring a knife on holiday lol!

Back