Done before she's one

Claree__x

Silver Member
I never know how to start these flipping things! I joined SW about a year ago now and did okay, then I got pregnant and forgot all about it :D

So 17 days ago my tiny daughter Eilis was born. Well, she was 8lb 4.5oz so not actually that tiny but you get the point! I'm not breastfeeding due to complications in my labour so I don't get the extra HEX's I was looking forward to (boo) but I'm now back on the wagon and determined to be where I want to be by the time she's one.

I realise this is a really long time away and more than achievable but I have no idea how difficult this being a mummy thing is going to be.

Weighed in last week at 13st 7.75lb which is the most I have ever been. I know it's baby weight but still hard to see. This week 12st 12.25lb so a good loss to kick off with.

All of this is made slightly more difficult by the fact I can't do any exercise for 12 weeks but them's the rules & I gotta stick to them!

Wow, congrats on your little girl, gorgeous name :) ..... Well done on the weight loss this week! As a mum of 2 little ones (3 and 2) I can appreciate your fears of going into the unknown lol.... I've started my weight loss journey because of them, I want to be a fit mummy who can run around with them and enjoy them as much as I can. You're very dedicated getting into the swings of things so soon again....hope you have a good week this week again :)

Thanks Laura!

I've learned quickly that this mummy thing is hard. My husband is still on paternity leave this week but I'm dreading him going back next week - not sure how I'll cope!

Starting back at college tonight - 2 evenings per week - looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measures.

Will post my food at the end of the day to make it easier I think :)

First night at college done. Not loving the lecturer but hopefully she'll become a little less annoying over time!

Had a long day. Baby had a rubbish sleep unless she was being cuddled so kept me awake most of the night. My lovely husband took her a walk this afternoon so that I could have a nice bath though. Went for dinner afterwards to wetherspoons where I failed at swapping the chips for potato (mainly 'cause I didn't want to though!)

Breakfast - missed
Lunch - low fat super noodles & 2 oranges
Dinner - wetherspoons steak with chips & irn bru (13.5 syns)

Not too bad for an eating out day!

Hi there, I'm in the same boat, want to lose weight before my youngest is one. I have 2 girls, (3 & a half & 7months). Been playing about with this slimming thing & not getting anywhere fast so it's time to knuckle down! I started (again) last week & Did loads of walking & went to the gym once & lost 11lbs which was a great boost but I'm not in the mood to do any exercise this week :eek:( I manage to go all day eating free & super free foods then at night I use all my syns (& sometimes more!!!

Congrats on your baby girl, such a beautiful name x

Thanks ladies :)

Not sure if there's something wrong or she's just playing me at the moment but she won't settle when lying on her back and obviously I can't put her on her tummy when she's alone so she's sleeping on me right now =/

Here she is, just for reference :p

Attachments

• 1378285593292.jpg
    1378285593292.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 57
She is beautiful, it's amazing how quickly they settle when they're sleeping on mummy :)

Had the health visitor out this morning which is a compete inconvenience. They come in, wake her and get her all unsettled and then leave me with the carnage!

Had my hex a and b with cereal this morning/lunchtime so will try to be mega good with dinner. Joe wants crispy fajitas though which I don't think qualify as mega good!

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well yesterday started well...I walked to the doctors and then just kept on walking to McDonald's afterward =/ large fries & a large fanta which is at least 16.5 syns before I even look at the juice!

Wandered to Tesco and bought some refreshers bars and then came home and had crispy chicken fajitas. So not a good day at all sw wise!

Decided that as of today we're pretending that Joe is back at work to make sure I can cope with night/day feeds on my own so I was up for them all last night & now I'm exhausted. Baby sleeping now so I'm going for a nap!

Hope you all had a better SW day than I did!

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Joined a class last night 'cause I was really just pissing about trying to do it on my own - it just doesn't work for me.

Official WI 12st 11.5lb

The class seem nice, my only issue is that I'm already at college 2 evenings per week so it's leaving Joe with the baby on his own for an extra night after he's been at work all day which isn't ideal. It's nice to have the syns online as well - save me googling it every time!

Got my tesco shopping delivered this morning after reading through the amazing thread on here yesterday of recipes with minimal ingredients - I hate huge lists! Currently got baked potatoes in the oven and sweet chilli and balsamic chicken (7 syns for it all but it should do at least 4 portions) marinading to go with it, think I'll have a potato for lunch and make some noodles to go with it for dinner when I get in from college.

Baby has been a wee grump all day. Her daddy forgot to put her colic drops in her bottle this morning so I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her until she had another bottle and then poo'd all up the back of herself - which was a lovely start to my day :D

Last edited:
lol.... what a lovely morning present for you :D .... your dinner today sounds fab, i'm now going off in searchof the thread you mentioned with the minimal ingredients....my idea of heaven ha :)

Typically, after my planning - baby woke up and screamed and screamed so I didn't manage to actually eat lunch! Took her to visit my work & Joe's work and she settled in the car so I had a kfc [oops!] - I had a brief look at the syns but it's not even worth talking about! Will be on low/no syns for the rest of the week I think :D

Odd part of the day was that while I was in, my boss asked if my husband would be interested in my job. Thankfully I wasn't planning on going back!

Had an alpen light [hex b] for brekkie with a wee bag of apples and I'm off to have this baked potato now - cross your fingers that I get to eat it! Doing sunshine steak & potatoes for dinner.

Thread's here laura :) http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients-15.html

Had a good day all in today, both baby wise & food wise - although she's refusing to go to bed now!

B - Alpen light
Snack - Apple bag
L - Baked potato (didn't like the chicken but potato on its own was enough)
Snack - Orange
D - Sunshine steaks with potato & veg
Snack - Custard cream

So 3.5 syns all day and they were for the bloomin' biscuit I had just before I went to bed (first time!). Totally not worth it!

I have college again tomorrow night so undecided whether to make a "proper" dinner or throw together some pasta or something - will check what I've got and see how baby behaves!

Thanks a mill for the thread :)

It's very tough on you with a new baby and college and dieting but you'll get there :)

Ended up bringing baby to bed with me last night which is something I said I wouldn't do but I was exhausted! Fingers crossed she goes down at some point this afternoon cause I have 3 hours of accounts to get through tonight!

Took a walk down to asda today, this exercise thing is still killing me after doing none for 9 months! Managed to avoid the crisps and bought a diet coke and a pack of 5 mini satays (0.5 syns each) so I consider that a success!

B - Alpen light
Snack - Satays & Apple snack pack

Gonna have a late lunch and take my other Alpen to college with me incase I get hungry. Feeling a lot more prepared over the last few days but just need to keep on top of it.

Back