doner kebab recipe

hellbell

morning

i have seen previously a recipe for doner kebab meat. i have a MAJOR craving for this at the moment so if anyone can remember where it is or direct me to it, i would be forever grateful!!

this is from oldchems site it may be the same one your looking for

DONER SPICED MEATLOAF

Ingredients;
1 lb minced lean lamb
3 tsp dried mint
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mint sauce OR 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
1 tsp garlic granules OR 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp onion salt OR ½ a small onion minced
½ tsp sea salt
Generous grind of black pepper

Oven Temp: Moderately hot / 375F / 190 / Gas 5

Method;
Put everything in a food processor if you want it ground finely for a smoother texture or just mix it all very well by hand. If you don’t have a processor get the butcher to mince the meat twice or just knead the meat mixture with your hands until the texture smoothes out.

Form into a rough loaf shape and place onto a rack stood in a baking pan. If the lamb is really lean you don’t need to do this. Bake in the middle of the oven for about an hour. It is quite a dense loaf so it must cook all the way thorough. I sometimes cook it in a loaf tin or shape into burgers and grill them.

sounds very nice

this sounds yummy!
deffinatley have to try this on my mum....
was just saying a few days ago how i miss my kebabs! lol :D

Greek Donner Kebab:
Syn Free on EE or RED

1Lb Lean lamb mince
1 Small Onion
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Crushed Garlic.

Preperation:
Peel and finely chop the onion
Peel and crush Garlic
Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend ( this effects the texture of the meat it maes it smooth so it binds together and is not grainey like minced meat )
Cover and leave in the Fridge for 2 hours or longer
Shape into desired form and skewer
Cook in George Foreman until ready ( dependant on the shape and size of pieces )

thanks kaz, thats the one i was looking for!!!! *dribbles* so you just place it on a tray and cook away? do you not put it in a loaf tin!?!

When I made this, I shaped it into a loaf type shape, and cooked in a roasting tin that has a metal rack inside, so that any remaining fat drips down.

Back