Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Just had another exam. Came back and ate a box of mango pieces and a free-from bakewell tart (no idea on the syns but it's all I'm eating that is synned today). WI is tomorrow and I won't be surprised if I've gained again but it's still not much of a priority for me. So long as I actually go to group I feel like I'm keeping myself in check.
This week's exams are horrendous, I just want it all to be over! I need to concentrate on living in the moment a bit more though, I know it'll be done soon enough and all of this will just be a tiny part of my life really but right now -OMG. Feels like my life is hanging in the balance based on these bloody exams :(

I don't envy you, I always hated exams, but you're doing brilliantly and like you said it will all be over soon. Good luck with the rest of your exams!

Thanks for being so supportive donkey. Thankfully because I do SW online I didn't have to go to group and everyone know I gained weight!

The annoying thing is that my best friends want to take me out to this amazing titanic restaurant but none of the food seems particularly SW friendly.

How has your Monday been so far? Just tried that pizza topped chicken. So good! I figured I should eat a late syn free lunch and just get a side salad and steamed vegetables later tonight (if they'll do the veg for me!).

Speaking of Sweden, have you watched "the bridge"? Definitely learn Swedish and go to Sweden - life is great there!

Ooo I didn't see your last post. You're so nearly done. Is your last one on 8th? I've spent the whole day revising for an exam on 9th that cost me £420 but I'm blatantly not gonna pass it. I hope in this remaining week I can stay as focussed as you and not stray off plan. The way you're juggling the two is something to be really proud of!

I don't envy you, I always hated exams, but you're doing brilliantly and like you said it will all be over soon. Good luck with the rest of your exams!

Thanks for being so supportive donkey. Thankfully because I do SW online I didn't have to go to group and everyone know I gained weight!

The annoying thing is that my best friends want to take me out to this amazing titanic restaurant but none of the food seems particularly SW friendly.

How has your Monday been so far? Just tried that pizza topped chicken. So good! I figured I should eat a late syn free lunch and just get a side salad and steamed vegetables later tonight (if they'll do the veg for me!).

Speaking of Sweden, have you watched "the bridge"? Definitely learn Swedish and go to Sweden - life is great there!

Ooo I didn't see your last post. You're so nearly done. Is your last one on 8th? I've spent the whole day revising for an exam on 9th that cost me £420 but I'm blatantly not gonna pass it. I hope in this remaining week I can stay as focussed as you and not stray off plan. The way you're juggling the two is something to be really proud of!

So close, yet so far lol, the bulk of my exams are this week, finishing the last one on Monday and they are all horrendous :p Ughh it's such an awful feeling knowing you're actually paying for them and don't stand a chance! Wouldn't worry about straying though, I definitely have to some degree - WI will let me know just how badly!
You could try saving your syns to go out to that restaurant? That's what I did when I knew I was going to my parents and since I lost 4.5 that week it seemed to work?! (Let us gloss over the following week's gain ;) )

I haven't seen The Bridge but I have heard of it. Just looked it up and I might watch it after next week. Sweden just seems like a better version of here - everything works better! Although I have heard from people that the concept of 'lagom' (everyone having just enough to be comfortable, no more, no less, no extravagances etc) can render the place a bit boring. A friend once said that 'if Sweden was a colour, it would be beige' :p

Went to bed with a migraine last night and feel better today, just haven't managed to make myself do any work! Both my headphones AND my phone charger have died so I seriously need to go and replace them but I don't have it in me. Sooo can't be bothered, but I can't live without my headphones, I block the world out that way! And obviously the phone provides the music so I guess I'm going to have to force myself out!

Ooh, good luck. The Bridge was excellent, one of the best things I've watched in ages. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

6 pounds off! Playing catch up from the last random gain I think! Super happy and I have my stone award :D

Wow, that's incredible. Huge congratulations!

Wow, that's incredible. Huge congratulations!

Well done donkey! Xx

Thank you guys! I don't feel I really deserve it because I didn't honestly stick to plan this week after last week's 1 pound gain, but I was still careful and last week's result was definitely skewed given how bloated I felt - I'm pretty happy whatever though! So I think that is now -18.5 pounds! AMAZING. I'm so pleased I joined sw, otherwise who knows where I would have been weight wise even now? I would have comfort eaten my way through exams, I know that for certain!

Oh and I'll definitely give The Bridge a go - I never watch tv anymore really so I don't hear about new series until ages afterwards but sounds worth searching it out!

Well done! That is such an excellent loss! Woohoo! Have you been taking progress photos?

Oh the meal ended up being terrible. I hadn't had any syns that day but by the time I left the restaurant I probably had about 20. I ordered a garden salad as starter (it was supposed to be a side). When I asked the waitress what was in it she said she didn't know but it didn't have any dressing. The salad arrived clearly dressed in olive oil and comtained avocado and olives so was probably 6 syns. My friends then made me have an expensive glass of champagne and a real main as they said they would be offended if I didn't. I opted for the salmon and the waitress said she didn't know how it was prepared but she said it wasn't fried. Guess what, it arrived panfried. I couldn't complain or send the stuff back as it was a really nice restaurant and was so expensive. I didn't want to seem ungrateful to my friends who were trying to treat me. Dessert was also a farce. They all had desserts (which looked delicious) and I opted for a strawberry and kiwi tea. The waitress seemed confused when I asked for it and when it arrived it clearly wasn't strawberry and kiwi, but just a loose leaf tea. Gah! The icing on the cake (literally) was yesterday when my sister presented me with a beautiful but giant chocolate cake she'd made for me. She knows I'm on SW! Arghhhhhh! I had a bite, thanked her for it, said it was lovely and now I'm going to have to dispose of it. I feel bad as I hate wasting food and she went to lots of effort to make it. I could take it to work but I'm not in until Friday so it'd be stale by then! Anyway, rant over. I just hope I don't have another gain. Gonna do lots of exercise this week to try and offset all the extended birthday stuff. Frikkin hell sorry about the length of that post!

Hmm I wouldn't say Sweden is beige but there's something so beautifully calm and comforting about it! After watching the Bridge I really want to go to Denmark too!

PS phone and earphones are essentials. I hope you've got them sorted because I'd be going crazy without!

Well done! That is such an excellent loss! Woohoo! Have you been taking progress photos?

Oh the meal ended up being terrible. I hadn't had any syns that day but by the time I left the restaurant I probably had about 20. I ordered a garden salad as starter (it was supposed to be a side). When I asked the waitress what was in it she said she didn't know but it didn't have any dressing. The salad arrived clearly dressed in olive oil and comtained avocado and olives so was probably 6 syns. My friends then made me have an expensive glass of champagne and a real main as they said they would be offended if I didn't. I opted for the salmon and the waitress said she didn't know how it was prepared but she said it wasn't fried. Guess what, it arrived panfried. I couldn't complain or send the stuff back as it was a really nice restaurant and was so expensive. I didn't want to seem ungrateful to my friends who were trying to treat me. Dessert was also a farce. They all had desserts (which looked delicious) and I opted for a strawberry and kiwi tea. The waitress seemed confused when I asked for it and when it arrived it clearly wasn't strawberry and kiwi, but just a loose leaf tea. Gah! The icing on the cake (literally) was yesterday when my sister presented me with a beautiful but giant chocolate cake she'd made for me. She knows I'm on SW! Arghhhhhh! I had a bite, thanked her for it, said it was lovely and now I'm going to have to dispose of it. I feel bad as I hate wasting food and she went to lots of effort to make it. I could take it to work but I'm not in until Friday so it'd be stale by then! Anyway, rant over. I just hope I don't have another gain. Gonna do lots of exercise this week to try and offset all the extended birthday stuff. Frikkin hell sorry about the length of that post!

Hmm I wouldn't say Sweden is beige but there's something so beautifully calm and comforting about it! After watching the Bridge I really want to go to Denmark too!

PS phone and earphones are essentials. I hope you've got them sorted because I'd be going crazy without!

Thanks :) No I haven't been taking any, I do not like cameras! There is a before though, the picture that shocked me into joining sw lol.
Arghh people can be a nightmare when you're trying to slim but you did what you had to do and now I guess just get back on it! It's one tiny little thing so in the bigger picture it's insignificant. Be really strict with yourself and your syns and hopefully it shouldn't let you down at wi :)

Utterly exhausted, woke up at 4 and stayed awake -_- then got up to get my headphones and charger sorted at 9. Was back by 10 but and have been attempting to work but if I don't have at least a nap I'm going to drop. Slightly worried that there is a migraine brewing, I'm stumbling all over and slurring words, things that happen before an attack. I have exams for the next 3 days so this is NOT a good time! Have eaten a lot of junk today - I should know better than to have this kind of stuff in when I'm tired and stressed. Very aware that the last large loss backfired the next week and I've lost even more this week so I don't want to be bouncing back up a few figures.

SOOOOOOO TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww you're working so hard! Hope your nap makes you feel better. My fingers are super tightly crossed hoping that this isn't a migraine!

Well I got a nasty migraine and neuralgia flare which put me out of action for both Thursday's and Friday's exams. I had another exam this morning which is now counting as 2 exams to try to make up for one of the absences (so the mark will be lower, annoyingly) and my last 2 should be Monday. Thing is that the Thursday exam was the only assessment available for that module and if I don't sit it on Monday in addition to the existing 2, I will fail it and get no marks at all, which is going to really drag my overall grade down. The thought of 5 hours of exams in a row is horrible but I guess I don't have a choice. Even though I got a doctor's letter to say there was no way I could have gone in uni are saying they can't create a grade based on averages for that module because there was no continuous assessment, sooo now I have another one to super stress out about. Hopefully I don't get another migraine because of it!

UGH. Roll on Wednesday, it's the first day I'll have completely free of exams, appointments and commitments! I'll be attacking my very large pile of parcels sitting unopened too :D
I haven't been very good with the super free at all this week and I've munched my way through far more chocolatey syns than I should have so I'm thinking the scales are going to possibly go back up like they did after my 4.5 pound loss. No big deal so long as I expect it because if that does happen I know exactly why! Might get some serious body magic in tomorrow when I tackle the tip that is my home. Exams are a great excuse to neglect the hoovering and generally tidying but I can't take the mess anymore! Really need to do something about the hoardes of spiders that seem to be taking up residence on my ceilings too!

Hope everyone is doing well, I've been horribly neglectful of people's diaries but I'm going to have a long catch up soon!

You poor thing, really sorry about your exams. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Monday. Don't stress about the diet for the sake of a couple more days. You can get back on track after you get through Monday. Best of luck for Monday hun.

You poor thing, really sorry about your exams. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Monday. Don't stress about the diet for the sake of a couple more days. You can get back on track after you get through Monday. Best of luck for Monday hun.

Thanks, I need lots of fingers crossed lol. Whatever the situation there always seems to be a tangle of absolute madness and stress to squeeze through at the end so really I should be used to it by now with the number of exams I've had moved because of my head over the years. I'll get through it and you're right, I'm going to put sw on the back burner - I can take my time with that. Bloody exams need doing yesterday! ;)

Back