Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

Satay Chicken = 261 Cals Per Serving
View attachment 81311

400g chicken, cut into cubes
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 garlic clove crushed
1 tsp ground cumin

* Make up sauce, spread over chicken and leave to marinade (for at least 30 mins).
* Cook in oven on low heat (about 175) for about 40 mins so chicken is really tender

Satay sauce
3tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (12 syns)
120ml water
1/2 garlic clove crushed
1 tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp ff fromage frais (I use more)
Chilli finely chopped or splodge of chilli sauce (optional we like a good KICK!)

Heat gently stirring until combined, don't worry if its runny it thickens as it cools, allow to cool for about 3-4 mins, pour over chicken

Serves 4 / or 3 large portions

* you don't have to marinade the chicken, you could just used cooked chicken sliced up and pour the satay sauce over the top works both ways

Feeling dead chuffed with myself - target is 2lbs loss this week to make it 1 stone

Kids are both at school today, DD already gone, DS got to leave in 15 mins to get him to school on time - have arranged to meet DS in a park after school tonight so that's about a 45 min walk again today!!!

I am going to buy myself a bar of wholenut as a treat today

I am so pleased for you that is some loss - must be so motivating :):) dont under do the calories though in the early stages as you wont have anywhere to go if you hit a plateau - and if you exercise perhaps eat back half of those calories - just to make sure you dont undereat - it wont hurt for a few days but long term it might make things a little difficult for you

so what is on your to do list for today as you have had a couple of really good days getting out for your walk
H xx

weigh in week one
:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:12 lbs loss!!!!:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Oh donna wow what a fabulous loss big well done to you whoop whoop xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow that is amazing well done you
thank you - I have a lot of weight to lose and this was a complete change of eating habits for me - my bingeing was completely out of control and happened every day

I am so pleased for you that is some loss - must be so motivating :):) dont under do the calories though in the early stages as you wont have anywhere to go if you hit a plateau - and if you exercise perhaps eat back half of those calories - just to make sure you dont undereat - it wont hurt for a few days but long term it might make things a little difficult for you

so what is on your to do list for today as you have had a couple of really good days getting out for your walk
H xx
Thanks H - I am well chuffed, I was hoping for 6 to double it was amazing - I am aiming for a more realistic 2lb loss next week, thanks for the advice re calories, because when i updated my mfp this morning it recalculated my calorioes and I have gone down by about 80cals I think to 1290, not sure if this is too low?

Right my list for today:-
ironing - done 30 mins worth
make some homemade soup - bubbling away ready for 1pm lunchtime
general tidy
washing - done
meal plan for rest of week
walk - going to pick up son and walk to a park thats about 20 mins, meet daughter there from school and walk home - so 45 min walk

Oh donna wow what a fabulous loss big well done to you whoop whoop xxxx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks Val...over moon....daughter lost weight as well, she broke her leg in june last year so has got a bit chubby, so she is dead chuffed, have promised her £1 per week loss towards an Amy Childs dress and her nanny has pledged the same

for your size I would say it is too low
I would set mfp for 1lb a week loss and then not eat any exercise calories OR make sure you do eat exercise calories - if you did that amount in the first week I think you use more calories than mfp is estimating - but you can only do what it says - do what is says for just one week and see what you lose - my big worry is this wont be a quick journey for you and if you are only having that number of calories over time you might feel deprived and also if you do stall you have no calories to cut back on
only you can decide what is right for YOU - my doctor and I think that 1200 is the right amount for me and lower if I need it - as I have been ill I dont lose at a good rate mine was a sts for february on 1360 calories and eating the exercise ones - so this month I am on 1200 and I will reassess at the end of this month

Tomato & Chilli Soup, Serves 6, 105 Cals per serving
2013-03-04 13.12.42.jpg
1x Campbells Low Fat Condensed Soup
1x Tin chopped toms
1x onion chopped
2x carrot grated
1x red pepper chopped
2tbsp tom puree
2 cloves garlic grated
splash worcestershire sauce
splash balsamic vinegar
1pint veg stock
2pint water
dried chilli flakes
mixed herbs

sweat onion, carrot, garlic and red pepper, add liquid and all other ingredients, bring to the boil, reduce heat and leave to simmer for 30-40 mins stirring occasionally....delish

Last edited:
for your size I would say it is too low
I would set mfp for 1lb a week loss and then not eat any exercise calories OR make sure you do eat exercise calories - if you did that amount in the first week I think you use more calories than mfp is estimating - but you can only do what it says - do what is says for just one week and see what you lose - my big worry is this wont be a quick journey for you and if you are only having that number of calories over time you might feel deprived and also if you do stall you have no calories to cut back on
only you can decide what is right for YOU - my doctor and I think that 1200 is the right amount for me and lower if I need it - as I have been ill I dont lose at a good rate mine was a sts for february on 1360 calories and eating the exercise ones - so this month I am on 1200 and I will reassess at the end of this month

H thank you - I completely agree, I first lost weight when I was 19 - calorie counting with Slimming Magazine Clubs - my allowance then was 1,250 i lost 2stone from 11st 4 to 9st 4 - so I agree with 6 stone to go i am going to find it harder and harder esp when I do need to reduce my cals further down the line, will catch up with your diary later got to go get kids from school, hope you are having a good day x

enjoy the sunshine with the kids

its lovely here and a walk in the sun with the dogs this morning was lovely
off to complete another task of my list

is he also stroppy - I am referencing the sloppy fellow pasta
and what is in it I have never heard of it before

so glad you loved the sunshine - I am sure its going to make us both feel better

now I can make that but with quorn or even without :) sounds nice
but have veggie mince and potato bake tonight with purple sprouting

Monday 04 March 2013
B: Chocolate SlimFast = 230 Cals
slimfast.jpg
L
: Homemade Tomato & Chilli Soup, 2x Weight Watchers Petit Pains, Low Fat Spread, Water = 341 cals
2013-03-04 13.12.42.jpg
D: Warburton Square Pizza, Ham, Pineapple, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms, Tesco Spicy Wedges = 500 cals
2013-03-04 18.10.08.jpg
Snacks:
Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly = 9 cals
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero = 0 cals
3x Glasses water
Ringos = 124
= 1,225/ 1360

Exercise Alert:
Walking, 75mins = 475 cals burned
walking.jpg

Last edited:
That tomato and chilli soup looks so yummy! We have homemade broccoli and chilli upon occasion. Might give the tomato a bash though!

Back