Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

why are you dreading a friend coming
is it because they are more of a work colleague - if so you have a med three it is none of their business why you are off sick

dont forget to get back to the doctors before that runs out and tell them the stress of going back is sending you into a tail spin - take another month and be able to cope well before you even consider going back - if you dont you will do more harm than good
H xx

She's a very good friend but also a work colleague and it just panics me I go into that who I have to prove that I am ill - does that make sense?

The meds are really helping with my sleep - fell asleep watching Mayflower last night and went thru to 7:15 this morning haven't done that in years

My certificate runs out on 18th March so will go back to docs next week, so you'll have to remind me to make an appointment on monday

are you feeling any better yet?

yes you need to go back
and dont discuss your time off with this person - if she asks just say "my doctor told me that progress might be slow in the early stages of recovery - it depends on the medication working for me" and you do not clarify that statement - if she badgers you just say you are due back to see the doc about progress next week
and that is definitly all you say move the subject on by asking how other colleagues are etc and any children - then hopefully the conversation will just move on naturally

people are always curious when we put on your best performance and they cannot see what is wrong - they then think nothing is wrong = so dont be putting your best foot forward :):)

Hi Donna,

Try not to stress your colleague coming - it may purely be a friendly visit and nothing to worry about.

Also, if your doctor has signed you off work then there is diddly squat that anyone else can say or do, so don't sweat it!

Hugs xxx

Wednesday 06 March 2013
B: BLT = 199 Cals
2013-03-06 10.55.51.jpg
L
: Homemade Tomato & Chilli Soup, 1x Weight Watchers Petit Pains, Water = 216 cals

D: Stroppy Fellow Pasta = 462 cals
2013-03-06 17.45.15.jpg
Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero = 0 cals
3x Glasses water
= 762/ 1360

Exercise Alert:
Slow Walk - 72 cals
Dancing (Wii Just Dance), 30mins = 290 cals burned
dancing.png

Last edited:
Peanut butter in toast with banana my Fav snack/ brekkie lunch for using up cals that is still healthy ish and feels like a treat

I am sure your workmate is just wanting to make sure you are OK and let you know you haven't been forgotten about,so don't stress!!

I haven't had toad in the hole in yeeaars. Glad your kids enjoyed it.

now toad in the whole sounds good - might make a veggie one for the weekend :):) not had it in AGES

so how did it go last night - I am sure it was easier than you thought it would be
I have my appointment today and will find out if my meds need another increase - I imagine they will do

hope the weather is not quite as horrible where you are - its really miserable and raining here - so instead of walking to the doctors I am going to be taking the car - so less exercise :):)

have a lovely day
H xx

now toad in the whole sounds good - might make a veggie one for the weekend :):) not had it in AGES

so how did it go last night - I am sure it was easier than you thought it would be
I have my appointment today and will find out if my meds need another increase - I imagine they will do

hope the weather is not quite as horrible where you are - its really miserable and raining here - so instead of walking to the doctors I am going to be taking the car - so less exercise :):)

have a lovely day
H xx
It was a bit flat but it tasted loved I have made these as yorkshire puds and they are lovely

Last night was nice, my friend bought me a lovely lilac planting set and easter eggs for kids - had a lovely evening but it just proves that I am not ready for work

Had a very restless night, son got into bed with us which didn't help he pulls my hair and ears and it drive me nuts!!!

Waiting for man to come to fix cooker...I think I am going to do a mexican type thing tonight - mince, fajita spices, wraps, rice and salad

Haven't planned any exercise today - might have to walk up and meet daughter on way home from school but pretty much stuck indoors until oven engineer turns up

weather is miserable here - which isn't helping me - I feel achey and tired which happens everytime i do something out of my comfort box, have been snapping and moaning at everyone since i opened my eyes - think this is gonna be a bad day :( need something comforting am going to have beans and cheese on toast once husband goes to work and son goes to childminder i think ... right off to have a soak in the bath and a 15 min read

I am sure its the stress of yesterday affecting you today - thats how I get sometimes - and yes it does mean you need to go back to the doctors so you can get another med three
when you feel like you do try to stick to your usual routine - do what you normally do even if you dont really feel like it
with depression routine is important - you need to keep your days as normal as possible - means your brain is not struggling
do you have many negative thoughts and if so what are you able to do about them at the moment - not eveyone gets them so dont go looking for them :):)

dinner sounds nice - I have veggie spagbol and DH has chicken madras with naan and rice tonight

I have no idea what I might have tomorrow - something will be planned tomorrow I cant be dealing with it now

hope that engineer turns up soon - do you have a time slot he should turn up in - I find the waiting around quite hard if you do sit and relax if you can :)
have a good day
H xx

I've done quite a bit today - straightened up - beds all made and bedrooms straightened, had lovely bath and then laid in bed and erad for half an hour - kitchens straight, ironing done and put away, washing on...boys gone (work/childminders) so just sitting here with a cup of water and lemon and watching last night's episode of Mayday

cooker man has just called, he has two more jobs and then he'll be here - so what two hours time? so hope he can fix today got a lovely bit of lamb in the fridge hoping to cook it tomorrow

Thursday 07 March 2013
B: Strawberry SlimFast = 230 Cals
slimfast.jpg
L
: Cheese & Beans on Toast, Water = 362 cals
2013-03-07 13.42.32.jpg
D: Mexican Feast = 508 cals
2013-03-07 18.22.02.jpg2013-03-07 18.23.10.jpg
Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero = 0 cals
4x Glasses water
Jelly = 8
= 1,100/ 1290

Exercise Alert:
No exercise today :sigh: lazy moo! even had to have a sleep this afternoon

Last edited:
Jambalaya can be made on the hob - BBC good food have a healthy low cal chicken and chorizo one that I love!!

Thanks ladies - I have got 1/2 chilli in freezer will defrost and jambayla is one of our favs haven't had it for ages and I have all the ingredients!!!

This is what i have so far:

1. Beef Stew
2. Chilli
3. Jambayla
4. Meatballs Tom Sauce & spag
5. Sausage & mash
6. Monglian Beef?
7. Chicken Chow Mein

Last edited:
Back