Don't be afraid of your syns!

I'll apologise in advance if this turns out to be my life story lol!
But when I first started sw I used to keep my syns to a minimum, but have learnt (7 months on) that there is not point, I have good losses (most of the time lol) either way and by having them I feel like the plan is more manageable, because at the end of the day it's a plan and not a diet I want to stick to it forever and without syns I'd just feel deprived & have given up a long time ago! I have a sweet tooth I need sweet things therefore having a smaller amount of something daily is better than binging massively. But maybe they should be called 'treats' or 'delights' or something I don't know haha! The whole idea is to have a balanced diet :)

I'll apologise in advance if this turns out to be my life story lol!
But when I first started sw I used to keep my syns to a minimum, but have learnt (7 months on) that there is not point, I have good losses (most of the time lol) either way and by having them I feel like the plan is more manageable, because at the end of the day it's a plan and not a diet I want to stick to it forever and without syns I'd just feel deprived & have given up a long time ago! I have a sweet tooth I need sweet things therefore having a smaller amount of something daily is better than binging massively. But maybe they should be called 'treats' or 'delights' or something I don't know haha! The whole idea is to have a balanced diet :)

Spot on! I love being able to say I can treat myself to chocolate because that's what it is, a treat. It's just become such a normal part of our diets now its lost its treat status. Syns are there to be used, just not abused x

Great thread, syns are just about balance. Like tonight I'm using syns on cheese, because I have them and I bloody want cheese!! haha

Cheese is worth syns!! I could live without chocolate but never cheese!

I just find it so hard to have pasta without cheese, it's tooooo yummy! :D

... I'll take some chocolate too mind ha

I just find it so hard to have pasta without cheese, it's tooooo yummy! :D

... I'll take some chocolate too mind ha

Haha yeah but if you had to choose... Thankfully we don't :D and my dad keeps serving me spag Bol with no cheese, I just given him this wtf look hehe x

Haha YES! You CANNOT have spag bol without cheese, in fact that's what I'm making tonight! Hungry now, getting out of this thread and into an apple lol

You've hit the nail on the head there Missy. I've not been having enough syns as I feel bad for having them and I'm sure it's something to do with the name. I've almost been testing myself to see how few I can have each day and think it may be why my losses have been so small. I need to stop feeling guilty for using them. I've been wondering why I'm not losing like I did last time I did slimming world and realised I used to have the full 15 a day.

Back