Don't eat cake!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Skinny_wannabe, 22 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Skinny_wannabe

Skinny_wannabe Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi all

I had my first weigh in yesterday and unfortunately I only lost 2lbs (better off than on), my cdc said it was because I ate cake! I was put in an awkward situation at work and was literally forced into eating half a cup cake. I will be alot stronger next time!

I'm feeling quite down today, since being on SS I found that actually eating is a very socialable activity. This easter I have had to turn down to invitations to Sunday lunch! I am feeling as if I am imprisoned in my own home, I know it probably sound extreme but when I am at home I'm not in a situation where I have to eat or I might get offered a biscuit etc etc....I'm not hungry and I don't really have any major cravings, I just hate the unsociable side of it.

Does anyone else feel the same?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. _Razorbladelove_

_Razorbladelove_ Powdered Toast Man

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    What else did you cheat by eating?
    Cause half a cup cake wouldnt of done much ;)

4. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I highly doubt half a cup cake does that. I suspect it's your CDC trying to scare you into not eating 'naughty' things again when on SS. If it was the cup cake I would say you are obviously very easy to knock out of ketosis and it takes a while for your body to get back into it.
    I bet you'll drop tonnes next week, keep your chin up!

5. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    ....I was going to say the same thing....1/2 a cupcake shouldn't have done too much damage.....unless it knocked you out of ketosis?
    I know how you feel about the social side of things, I have tested myself and been out a few times and resisted, but had to put up with questions and made excuses (just eaten/antibiotics/food intollerances etc)
    Are the invites coming from people who know you are on CD or are you keeping it to yourself (I am!)?
    X

6. Skinny_wannabe

Skinny_wannabe Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks everyone, maybe she was trying to scare me, anyeay I lost 3lbs!

7. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I agree with the others half a cupcake shouldnt do that much damage!! x

8. Skinny_wannabe

Skinny_wannabe Member

Diet:
    CD
    Yeah, I'm trying to keep it too myself as most people have an issue with the CD, so I am using excuses like, I can't drink I'm on antibiotics!! Is it only water, tea, and coffee that we can drink?

9. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    water, black unsweetened tea or coffee, herbal (only leaf not flower/fruit) teas. However you can add water flavourings from CD after 2 weeks which are fab, and you can use TABLET sweetener (not powder) in tea/coffee if you find that helps

xxx

10. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've found that most people aren't as judgemental as you'd think once you've explained it to them and tell them that it's backed by doctors (plus the excess weight does more damage than the diet ever could).
    I'd give it a go explaining it to the next person that asks you to something that involves eating, I'll bet you'll be pleasently suprised at how supportive people actually are.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.