Don't feel happy at all now!

Huggles honey ! !

You know that I am in much the same boat as you, and we have more or less the same journey to go on !

I am glad that we can do it together !

Chin up honey x x x

You have done amazingly well and I am proud of you. I got to 28st 12lb at my heaviest. I am now 25st 7lb and have started back on my weight loss journey today and if I am being honest, I am finding it really hard!!!!!
I did get down to 21st last summer but it has crept back on with avengence. Reading your story has really inspired me and you need to start believing in your self!
A friend of mine lost over 12st after having a lap band and she has had her tummy done, her legs and is still on the waiting list for her arms and bust. So long as you don't mind waiting a little while I am sure you will get the ops you want at the end of your journey. Keep your pecka up - your truely amazing!!!!!

...And no matter what I will lose my weight and be a healthier happier person even if I have excess skin or not as I know I will be down about it very down infact..But I know that sometime in the future I can sort that if need be...

i'm glad you're feeling better... I only hope i can do as well on LT as you have x

Thank you all again for the kind words, You all inspire me...You lot are fantastic!! :):)

Thank you all again for the kind words, You all inspire me...You lot are fantastic!! :):)

Laura I've only just read your post and had a little cry when i read how upset you were. you have done amazingly amazingly well and i love reading your posts to see how you're getting on. Like someone said earlier, why not write down how you're feeling and take it to the doctor - I've read about other people having tummy tucks on the NHS after losing so much weight so I don't see why you shouldn't qualify.

i would recommend massaging your skin - you can get creams that are supposed to tighten body skin - but it will also improve the condition of your skin and you'll get to know your body more and maybe love it for all its done for you x x x

First of all *slap* stop feeling down!! You have lost 9 bloody stone!! You only have 3 stone to go before you have to buy that top!

I can understand your fears about saggy skin once losing the weight, as i too had them. I went to the doctors and he said there would be no problem in having a tummy tuck once I had got to a weight i was happy with. He also told me not to go on BMI and suggested I stop when I felt i was happy with how i looked and felt. He said that he could easily build a case for surgery as I am losing the weight on my own and not through surgery. so stop worrying hun, you don't need to get it done on grounds of depression either, you can get it done purely on the grounds of how fantastic you have done!! sagging skin can rub on other skin and create sores and that is enough to put you forward. Keep on smiling and stop putting yourself down when you're doing so amazing!! I'm very proud of ya hun! xxxx

First of all *slap* stop feeling down!! You have lost 9 bloody stone!! You only have 3 stone to go before you have to buy that top!

I can understand your fears about saggy skin once losing the weight, as i too had them. I went to the doctors and he said there would be no problem in having a tummy tuck once I had got to a weight i was happy with. He also told me not to go on BMI and suggested I stop when I felt i was happy with how i looked and felt. He said that he could easily build a case for surgery as I am losing the weight on my own and not through surgery. so stop worrying hun, you don't need to get it done on grounds of depression either, you can get it done purely on the grounds of how fantastic you have done!! sagging skin can rub on other skin and create sores and that is enough to put you forward. Keep on smiling and stop putting yourself down when you're doing so amazing!! I'm very proud of ya hun! xxxx

Awww thanks Vickie...That slap hurt by the way, No need to be so rough :(:D (I needed it) :p

I have just got back from the doctors and told her about the diet and also how I felt, (even cried :cry:) She said keep at it and when I have lost the weight she will refer me, But said that most people always get a refusal to begin with and then she said what will happen then is we will try again and get letters from themselves and also my psychologist and psychiatrist to try and help me get surgery! But she said don't be to over excited about it as there is a good chance I may not get it :( But all I can do is try I guess..I just hope to God I do get it! :)

Laura I've only just read your post and had a little cry when i read how upset you were. you have done amazingly amazingly well and i love reading your posts to see how you're getting on. Like someone said earlier, why not write down how you're feeling and take it to the doctor - I've read about other people having tummy tucks on the NHS after losing so much weight so I don't see why you shouldn't qualify.

i would recommend massaging your skin - you can get creams that are supposed to tighten body skin - but it will also improve the condition of your skin and you'll get to know your body more and maybe love it for all its done for you x x x

Awww thanks for the lovely message, And advice...You are fantastic, And I will keep going as I am doing rather well :p Thanks again sweetie XX

how are you feeling today Laura? x x x

how are you feeling today Laura? x x x

I am feeling good today thanks for asking :)
Have a bit of a sore throat though and slight earache :( Hope it don't get any worse...I wouldn't be able to get throat sweets or anything like that and I am so mard when I am even the slightest bit ill :p Just got some ice cold water to soothe it a little, Hows you sweetie?? Hope you are feeling OK..XX

I am feeling good today thanks for asking :)
Have a bit of a sore throat though and slight earache :( Hope it don't get any worse...I wouldn't be able to get throat sweets or anything like that and I am so mard when I am even the slightest bit ill :p Just got some ice cold water to soothe it a little, Hows you sweetie?? Hope you are feeling OK..XX

uh oh. I had that 3 weeks ago. started as a sore throat and ears, then sinus pain, sore eyes, cold symptoms. It only lasted a few days though, but I have developed quite a chesty cough that I can't seem to shift.

bet that has really cheered you up hasn't it!! lol better to be prepared hun. get lots of nice hot baths and early nights xx

uh oh. I had that 3 weeks ago. started as a sore throat and ears, then sinus pain, sore eyes, cold symptoms. It only lasted a few days though, but I have developed quite a chesty cough that I can't seem to shift.

bet that has really cheered you up hasn't it!! lol better to be prepared hun. get lots of nice hot baths and early nights xx

You know Vickie you always seem to cheer me up you do :(:D I have just taken a few paracetomol and pain killers and have ice in my drink..I just hope it does not develop into a nasty throat infection or worse as I seem to get tonsillitis once a year since I was a kid, Even though I had my tonsils removed when I was 7 but they left some tissue behind and I seem to still get it :mad: But oh well lets just see what happens :p

You know Vickie you always seem to cheer me up you do :(:D I have just taken a few paracetomol and pain killers and have ice in my drink..I just hope it does not develop into a nasty throat infection or worse as I seem to get tonsillitis once a year since I was a kid, Even though I had my tonsils removed when I was 7 but they left some tissue behind and I seem to still get it :mad: But oh well lets just see what happens :p

glad i can be of service!! lol

u may just be feeling a little bit run down after your 'emotional laura episode' the past few days. get some rest hun and you will be fine.

Here, have a glass of water on me...:D

glad i can be of service!! lol

u may just be feeling a little bit run down after your 'emotional laura episode' the past few days. get some rest hun and you will be fine.

Here, have a glass of water on me...:D

WOW!! Water...Not had a glass of the clear stuff for about 20 mins, :rolleyes::D Thanks Vickie you are so thoughtful..One thing missing though, Wheres my straw and umbrella in it??? :(

laura your doing so well dont dwell on what cant be reversed.Sometimes I feel like crap about the damage I 've done to my body ie strech marks varicose veins lumps bumps and stuff, its almost like a punishment.All these negative feelings surface because we cant eat them away. You are insprirational keep going and keep posting your negative feelings it gets them out there and heals you,also helps so many others.michellexxx.

Back