don't feel like i am getting anywhere

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nessa, 26 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't feel like i am getting anywhere with this diet, I am hungry all the time and finding it really hard as i am allowed to eat as i am on the 1500kcal plan. I am drinking water and black coffee and trying to fill up on these but i feel really down and depressed about it all.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. quizzicalgrrl

quizzicalgrrl Posting Mad!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    I am so sorry you are feeling low today. Have you spoken to your CDC about this? Sending you hugs! xx

4. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    aww **hugs**

5. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    speak to your cdc and i am sure she would suggest something more suited to you

6. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi nessa
    if i am honest you are living out a nightmare of mine
    its really bad but being on ss makes me feel so safe i DREAD going back to eating real food
    good luck hun - please let us know how you get on!

7. to lose long trek

to lose long trek Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good advice although is something else lurking to bring you down too; TOTM or family issues etc?? You have come a long way now, dont let something else spoil it for you. Arange to see your CDC and in the meantime go for a good walk or something similar because exercise is known to raise the mood "endorphins???" and reduce depression. Hope this helps Nessa. Big hug. xx

8. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    ness i think the diet is just the front of your issues
    you have gone through so much this last few months and you will feel depressed
    grief and heartache are the worst feelings to cope with hun
    you got my number if you want to chat but i really think its more than the diet
    you are still going through lots more than you think you are

you have done so well and i for one am very proud of you
    hugs
    kaz xxxx

9. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Hi Nessa, Ive been there hun, and i know how you feel, it sort of opens up floodgates. Now, I dont really know what to say without waffling a bit so Ill have a ramble and if it dont make sense then just ignore me ;)

The feelings of hunger come back as we exit ketosis, some are psychological, some arent, and it does take work to sort these out. Experimenting with hunger isnt a bad thing, I learnt that from KD, one of my biggest fears, was, and sometimes is, the panic of being hungry, if Im hungry that means Ive got to eat right?? Nope wrong!! Im not going to pass out if I feel a bit hungry, but I used to (and sometimes still do) panic that I would.

You are not a failure. You have lost so much weight and are still doing the plans properly, you are bluddy fantastic.:talk017:

There is nothing wrong with feeling a bit down, you are re training your body with food, and your body is saying mmmmmmmmm food, I like it, as is your brain, only natural, try to enjoy the food you are eating and dont look upon it as a chore, vary the times you eat and practise forgetting about food. Its very easy to be obsessed with where the next bit comes from to put in your mouth, remember, we eat to live, not live to eat.

Ive felt exactly as you are now, but food isnt as much of an issue as it was, I can say no, it does take some working on, but it does work too, just shout if you need help x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.