Don't like fruit or veg...

TwinkleToes2day

Silver Member
Have any of you managed to lose weight on sw whilst having very limited fruit & veg tastes. My daughter needs to lose weight but she doesn't particularly like fruit or veg.
Veg wise: sweetcorn, cauliflower, mushy peas, mushrooms, cooked onion, cherry tomatoes, may eat boiled pots but would make sw chips
Fruit wise: pineapple, peeled apple
She likes heinz beans, pasta, rice
No salads
Any thoughts, help, tips gratefully received.
BTW she doesn't live at home so I can't 'monitor'/assist her in person
Thanks in advance
x

TwinkleToes2day said:
Have any of you managed to lose weight on sw whilst having very limited fruit & veg tastes. My daughter needs to lose weight but she doesn't particularly like fruit or veg.
Veg wise: sweetcorn, cauliflower, mushy peas, mushrooms, cooked onion, cherry tomatoes, may eat boiled pots but would make sw chips
Fruit wise: pineapple, peeled apple
She likes heinz beans, pasta, rice
No salads
Any thoughts, help, tips gratefully received.
BTW she doesn't live at home so I can't 'monitor'/assist her in person
Thanks in advance
x

Hey,

Looking at the things she does like I think she could do Green days and be successful. I never liked any veg and just couldn't stomach fruit and the first time I did it I managed to lose 1st 8lbs on green days, so there is hope!

Xx

She could also try "hiding" veg in sauces or soups.

Hey,

Looking at the things she does like I think she could do Green days and be successful. I never liked any veg and just couldn't stomach fruit and the first time I did it I managed to lose 1st 8lbs on green days, so there is hope!

Xx

Thanks Nikki<3 She does eat meat too, I didn't think to add that, dah, lol. But seeing what you lost on green days, is hopeful :D

TwinkleToes2day said:
Thanks Nikki<3 She does eat meat too, I didn't think to add that, dah, lol. But seeing what you lost on green days, is hopeful :D

She could always have meat as he HEXB, I think red and green would work better for her instead on extra easy. Good luck for her!

Xx

It's still possible. You're just going to have to be VERY creative :D
Good Luck
x

I'd agree, no reason why red or green wouldn't work - does she like yogurts, eggs, cottage cheese or any of the other neutral free foods that make the G & R plan easier?

I do green and only like mushrooms, onion, sweetcorn, peas, most oranges, a couple of types of apples and berries. 8lb down in 5weeks

Does your daughter want to lose weight? Does she want to do SW? Unless she is motivated to do it herself it's highly unlikely she will succeed on any plan. She should be encouraged to overcome her dislike of fruit and veg, not just to lose weight but because it is an essential part of a healthy diet. Food fads like this often stem from childhood and have just become habits that can be overcome if the person is motivated enough.

It's still possible. You're just going to have to be VERY creative :D
Good Luck
x

I certainly agree with that :D

I'd agree, no reason why red or green wouldn't work - does she like yogurts, eggs, cottage cheese or any of the other neutral free foods that make the G & R plan easier?

Definitely yogurts & eggs, maybe cottage cheese, have to go through more with her ;)

I do green and only like mushrooms, onion, sweetcorn, peas, most oranges, a couple of types of apples and berries. 8lb down in 5weeks

That's encouraging Crys, thanks :D

Does your daughter want to lose weight? Does she want to do SW? Unless she is motivated to do it herself it's highly unlikely she will succeed on any plan. She should be encouraged to overcome her dislike of fruit and veg, not just to lose weight but because it is an essential part of a healthy diet. Food fads like this often stem from childhood and have just become habits that can be overcome if the person is motivated enough.

Thanks Circes, she says she wants to lose weight, especially after hearing how I've been losing, although I'm always careful not to make a 'thing' of it. We have never ever told her she was overweight because we knew she would realise it herself, and I have never made any issue of my feelings about myself. She was always given as varied a diet as possible but it seemed as if it was just in her not to like things, as if her dads dislikes were bred into her if that makes any sense at all. Fresh fruit & veg were always available.
I just want to be able to give her as much information as possible about what is likely to work for her and then I know I will have to leave it in her hands for when she is really ready to begin her own journey.
Hope I haven't blah blahed too much :eek:

You can train yourself to like them. I used to say I hated veg but now love it. Just a matter of trying and changing your tastebuds. Example is I hated peppers with a passion, I couldnt even eat a pizza that had peppers picked off as would make me gag. Did cambridge diet for a little while and when re-introduced food was adding veg and tried peppers and love them now. Add them to nearly every meal I make. I think because I hadnt been eating all the junk foods was used to that when I introduced food like veg, it tasted different. Have introduced more and more veg and now love it.

You can train yourself to like them. I used to say I hated veg but now love it. Just a matter of trying and changing your tastebuds. Example is I hated peppers with a passion, I couldnt even eat a pizza that had peppers picked off as would make me gag. Did cambridge diet for a little while and when re-introduced food was adding veg and tried peppers and love them now. Add them to nearly every meal I make. I think because I hadnt been eating all the junk foods was used to that when I introduced food like veg, it tasted different. Have introduced more and more veg and now love it.

Many thanks cindersmcphee, that's a really good idea she can try :D

She could also try "hiding" veg in sauces or soups.

Sorry Missus :gen144: I wasn't ignoring you, you were hiding amongst all the other lovely replies I recieved :hide:
Thanks for your reply, I've sent her the recipe I posted in Recipes, for a Hidden Veg Sauce, hoping she will swap some of her jarred pasta sauces for it :fingerscrossed:
:D

Back