Attack Don't think I can do this

I'm on day 1 of attack and don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. I've tried various diets in the past and keep quitting and eating like a pig.

Been reading the book and went shopping last night. Spent a fortune!
Wasn't very prepared today and had a manic day at work
Ate yoghurt with oat bran for lunch, had kippers and crab sticks when i got home and having 2 steaks and tandoori prawns now
Had all my water

Just don't think I can do it. Not a massive meat fan. It's expensive and just keep thinking I may as well do ww and lose 2lb a week. I'm a real carboholic and don't think I can stick this :( I'm not hungry, just depressed at the thought of what I'm eating. Although on one hand, I want to stop eating junk food and eat 'natural food'
But feel like I should be able to follow ww and eat healthily. Only I end up going overboard then I eat everything in sight for weeks :(

Sorry for going on. Not sure what to do. Got real food issues. I'm not massive but not where I wanna be. But I could quite easily eat myself to death if I didn't diet x

Hello,

Well done on finishing your first day. How many days do you plan on doing attack for? The attack phase is the hardest but the most rewarding. I did it for six days and was craving veg sooo bad lol.

I would suggest you stick with attack and see the amazing results! You might even notice a difference in the morning. It gets sooo much easier once you are in cruise and can have veg.

I was a massive pasta addict before I started dukan and bread and chips and just pure carbs! But I can honestly say I do not miss it one bit.

I've tried many diets and given up by now but Dukan is so easy to stick to and gives fast results!

I would highly recommend dukan, it is however your decision :)

I weigh 11st 7lb and wanna be 8st 7lb
So 45lb to lose
I was thinking 7-10 days if I could do it

Just feeling pretty depressed I guess :(
Sick of my weight going up and down (put 16lb on in about 5 weeks) and sick of dieting
Wanna be normal. But I don't seem to have any middle ground. I'm either really good or really bad.

Was doing Cambridge but found I was gorging when I came off it. Lost over 3st with ww before but the very week I got to goal, I started eating like a pig again and put 4.5st on!

I want to be normal. Eat to live. But I really do live to eat lol
I don't think it's the diet I have a problem with. It's my mindset. Need to change it

Going to have a yoghurt now and hit the sack. Extremely overworked at work right now and feeling tired and emotional. Thanks fir your help and advice xxx

I wouldnt recommend doing attack for more than 7 days it is alot to put your body through. I have more to lose than you and I only did 6 days. I know what you mean about ww, I did the same thing. I used to binge, especially on chocolate but because I am not allowed certain food on Dukan then that doesnt happen. Its very very hard to break the rules on Dukan because they are so strict. That has helped me break my bad habbits :)

Enjoy your yoghurt. I bet you will see a difference in the scales by the end of the week x

I want to be normal. Eat to live. But I really do live to eat lol
I don't think it's the diet I have a problem with. It's my mindset. Need to change it

I can totally identify with the live to eat mindset. Before I started Dukan, food consumed a great deal of my thoughts and a huge part of my social life revolved around food. I'm not quite sure when it changed (maybe around week 3) but now I don't really think about food at all - which is taking some getting used to. Food is simply fuel. I think a huge part of me thinking like this is the lack of carbs and associated blood sugar spikes - I genuinely don't crave carbs or junk food now.

I wouldnt recommend doing attack for more than 7 days it is alot to put your body through.

I agree with this. I have more than you to lose and the Dukan website advised 6 days Attack. I did 7 days (as I wanted the first PV day to fall on a Saturday) and it was so so boring.

How tall are you?

Rainbowbrite - some questions.

What is your height/bmi?

Have you been to the Dukan site and calculated your true weight and length of attack?

There is no advantage at all in extending attack beyond the recommendation (usually 2- 3 days for lighter weight people).

Attack is only the preparation for the real diet - which is the cruise stage.

Thanks for your replies :) feeling better today than yesterday. Had an earlier night than usual so not as worn out. I've lost 2.5lb in one day! Water probably. Not feeling as bloated.

I was going by the book fir the 7 days-says when target to lose is over 40 pounds, attack may last 7 days or even 10.
Just been on website and done calculation. I'm 11st 7lb. Wanna be 8st 7lb. I'm 5ft 4. So 45lb. The website says my true weight is 9st 3lb. So 35lb.
It recommends 4days on attack and will achieve true weight 6/10/11, With consolidation next feb! Hope I can cope that long.

I'm gonna take it one day at a time.

Today I had Greek yoghurt and oat bran, a boiled egg, tuna with vinegar, crab sticks, boiled egg, and have tuna steak and salmon fillet cooking. Will have a toffee mullerlight after.
Need to get creative with meal times lol. Got the recipe book and will start reading

I have 4 weddings to attend this year as well as ladies day at the races and my wedding anniversary so nit sire how to manage those? :eek:/

X

I can totally identify with the live to eat mindset. Before I started Dukan, food consumed a great deal of my thoughts and a huge part of my social life revolved around food. I'm not quite sure when it changed (maybe around week 3) but now I don't really think about food at all - which is taking some getting used to. Food is simply fuel. I think a huge part of me thinking like this is the lack of carbs and associated blood sugar spikes - I genuinely don't crave carbs or junk food now.

I have to agree with Catchingflies....at some point you stop obsessing over food. It really becomes rather easy. There's no more guesswork about what is good or bad to eat. You figure out what is appropriate, how much (if any) you can eat. I quickly learned that I couldn't tolerate the fruit yogurts...:p
You also just feel better. The food that you are consuming is healthy and good for your body. Food becomes a source of fuel and energy and not used as an emotional crutch. :)
I can honestly say I haven't had cravings for my old foods, like ice cream, chips, and french fries. I used to drink tons of coke and I haven't had a sip of that in six weeks.
It gets better. This is one diet that I've recommended to many already.
Hang in there and don't let your weak moments, tired moments steer you in the wrong direction.

I only really crave things at that time of the month. But generally it doesn't bother me :)

At weddings and stuff I just chuck all the stuff I can't hve onto my friends plate so I'm not tempted and as for desert I took my own sugar free jelly :) xx

Like the others, I can honestly say the carb craving have gone. Even chocolate at the TOTM.

I still enjoy food - cooking and eating it - but with out the neediness I remember even I few months ago - and the voices that used to try and persuade me to eat "treats" are fading away into the background.

I'm in conso now, so I have "gala" meals. 6 months ago I imagined my galas would be chock full of pasta, chips, bread, chocolate... now I find myself in restaurants ignoring the bread basket, chosing lighter puds, veg instead of potatoes, not because I have to, but because I want to.

It's not all plain sailing - there are challenges, but after 25 years of continual weight gain Dukan has succeeded where weight-watchers, F-Plan, Rotation etc failed.

One word of caution - take the Dukan "true weight" seriously. It's a calculation of the weight at which you are most likely to be able to stabilise. Forcing yourself below that could trigger yo-yo weight gain, and undo all your hard work when you finish cruise and move into the last two - equally important - stages of the diet.

Thanks guys :) hope I can achieve what you have!

I've lost 5lb in 2 days! I'm over the moon. And haven't been hungry once. Resisted all matter of sweets, chocolate and Friday takeaways at work today :)

Husband working most of this weekend so that makes things easier as won't want to go and eat out etc. Gonna be productive instead. Need to make sauces etc and make meals more like meals rather than allowed foods on a plate lol

Is this sweetener ok to use? Is there a limit?

Cookies Detecting!

And can I have soy sauce and balsamic vinegar? x

Rainbowbright - congrats on your loss! It was great to see your attitude perk up in such a short time span. This plan really does work, and once your get into the swing of the foods you end up having high quality, delicious meals. There are lots of ways to economize on the food budget too once you know what it is that you like and want to include. I spent way to much money the first two weeks and didn't eat half of what I bought. Now I just buy oat bran, eggs, 2 bags of boneless-skinless chicken breasts, 2 lbs of extra lean mince, 1 bag of jumbo shrimp and a 3 lb pork sirloin roast and then a few of the fresh veggies, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, squash. Without all of the pre-packaged junk I used to buy, my grocery bill has gone way down.

Thanks :) ive just done a shop online and really planned it out. Looking forward to cruise meals. I've stocked up on herbs and spices too to make my meals tastier. Before I would get all that from a jar lol

I've lost 7lb in 4 days! :)
X

That is a fantastic loss, well done! Glad you are so positive, hope you are feeling really motivated! :party0011:

Thanks people. Still going strong. End of first week tonight :) and a lovely PV day tomorrow yey!
Just made my first galette and loved it. Put cinammon in and was really carby tasting :)
Think I will have salmon and asparagus with hollandaise sauce for dinner tomorrow yum x

Hi,

How much have you lost so far? Glad it's working for you. The other people on here are fantastic for motivation - I never thought I could do a diet without attending a class. Reading the posts & tips has really helped me.

I've lost 9lb but seem to be stalling .... Not drinking enough water I suspect! I feel good though, not bloated at all & I have much more energy.

Keep up the good work x

Hi,

I've lost 9lb but seem to be stalling .... Not drinking enough water I suspect! I feel good though, not bloated at all & I have much more energy.

I think everyone has "pauses" like this - it could be water, it could just be TOTM but if you post your menus (there is a daily menu thread, somewhere...) other users might spot other factors that might slow loss.

Back