Don't think i can hack it :(

I agree with what everyone here has said, basically - you really need to eat your veggies and drink your water quota to stay healthy. That's true on any diet, really. What you've been doing there really isn't the Atkins diet as I recognise it, I'm not surprised you got poorly. Impressive weight loss though!

There are other low carb plans, have a look at the other Low Carb forum here on Minimins. There's some discussion of Neris & India's Idiot Proof Diet which is based on Atkins but not as strict, the recipes from that always look really yummy.

See, this is why I get so angry about the misrepresentation of the diet in the media. It is so irresponsible and directly leads to real people getting ill like poor Tranq here. Grrr.

I don't understand why people sabotage their own efforts for success. It's not overly complicated and there are people here who are in the same boat and will make the journey all that more easier. It's easy to give up but you've not really done it properly so you'll never know if Atkins is for you, and then you'll be telling everyone about you Atkins diet which made you sick. I'm sorry but it seems you've made yourself sick by not doing the diet properly.

I wish you all the success anyway x

I didn't say i was giving up the diet completely. I'm just going to go into OWL as i am within 10lbs of the weight i want to be (that's what i'm supposed to do isn't it?)

OK, sounds better. Not that it's for me to judge. But it is great to see that you're giving it a proper go. How are you feeling now?

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I've spoken to some people who absolutely slaughter the atkins diet because they didn't do it properly and hence gives it a bad name.

I hope to be joining you in OWL at some point though I have another 18lb to go at least xx

great tranquilzer and keep us posted on how you are doing.. I have 30 pounds to go or whenever I get into my size 6 pants before I'm heading into maintence, so hope to join you there soon

Back