Don't think I'm in Keto after a week???

~Angel~

My inspiration below :)
Hi All

I started last week (again!) but this time I don't feel like I'm in Keto. I've been in it before & I def don't feel like I am. Last time I had an awful time before keto kicked in - I had headaches, hungar, thirst, a ringing in my ears, I felt weak ....and then I felt great apart from the taste in my mouth! But since I started this time I have never felt bad - no down time at all, and no feelings of keto now. I had some of the sticks left that my CD lady gave me, so I tried them (even though I never really used them before) & not a change in colour at all. The only thing is they have been sitting in an envelope this last 6months so maybe moisture in the air etc has effected them?

The only thing I'm doing different is I'm not always getting 3 products a day, to be honest I find them hard to tolerate, but I always take a supplement. Would that effect it any?

I am still loosing by the way, so thats good at least :)

Hey hun,I've noticed the more ketogenic diets I do the easier I find it to get into ketosis,previously I've been that bad getting into ketosis like yourself that I've had hot/cold sweats,headache,smelly wee,bad breath and have even ended up in hospital with racing heart,(which I'm still on betablockers for) I think your body just gets used to the change! That's my theory anyway,also your ketostix are Defo void,bin them,they really don't last long,I usually measure quite highly on the strips even when I'm not on a ketogenic diet and I always drink loads so its not dehydration,I also get into ketosis so quick,and I'm on day 5 today and they are still showing beige so they need binning! And I've not had any bad symptoms of ketosis? Although by the second day I felt stuffed, Id try not to concentrate on if you're in ketosis.either way you will be losing,the suppressed appetite just makes it easier to deal with,are you still feeling quite hungry hun? Xx

1st time I did keto diet (atkins) I felt awful. But this time very little issue,except for one day. I also don't feel great now I am in ketosis,just feel normal but not very hungry. I think your body acts differently each time. If you are losing inches then you are def in ketosis. Also the sticks are useless, espcially if you have had them a long time.

Just judge it by the weight loss and the appetite suppression. These are the most positives outcomes and really - if there are no ill effects and the diet is working, why does it matter if you are in ketosis?

That said - it is almost impossible to not be in ketosis if you are eating fewer than 50 grams of carbs a day.

You need to have your packs, are you having protein? How many packs are you having. You need to have 4 packs or 3 plus a meal, having less than 3 packs is going to be exactly why youre not feeling well. Youre starving yourself. You cant cut back the way you are or youll make yourself really ill. Start following the diet properly and youll feel lots better and probably be in ketosis in no time.

~Angel~ said:
Ok, defo in keto now - have a funny coating on my tongue, which is now blue because of the mouthwash I used - attractive! lol. It was so much easier this time! wow!

Lol very attractive! Blurghh
Great news that you've got into it easier!
It has made it easier for me to stick to!
Goodluck xx

I bought a tongue scraper because I couldn't stand that furriness!

Back