Don't want to waste my youth being fat! Newbie saying hello

Hello ladies and gents,
Well the title says it all really. I am 24 and not obese but overweight nonetheless and sick of it. I have been `chubby` since I was about 14 (until then I was 8 stone which seems incredible) and every year since then I have told myself that I would lose weight but to no avail. I tried weightwatchers for a bit but dropped out, tried doing it on my own but couldn't stick to it.

I was always setting myself age-related targets-you know- `I will be a thin before I turn 20`, then `I will be thin before I begin university`. Well I never achieved any of these goals and now I find myself aged 24 with 6 months left of my degree and still fat. I hate that being overweight has held me back during uni-stopped me getting involved with more societies etc, made me shy, stopped me feeling good on nights out, wearing the clothes I want. I hate that I've been fat during many of the milestones in my life-my 21st, weddings, anniversaries.
Anyway as the title says enough is enough. I'm 24 now and don't want to waste any more of my youth being overweight. I'll never get back my teen/university years and that makes me feel sad and frustrated. However I'm determined that I will not be fat into my mid to late twenties. I want to look back and say `yeah I was slim when I was young` and I feel that 24 is just about the last year that I can really do that! Anyway, looking forwards to meeting you all, sorry for the rant but as I said enough is enough and I'm determined to finally get this thing under control. :)

well done you for doing soemthing to make you happy :0) I always gave myself age targets and now im 30 this year and have just began the last journey i hope to have to take into a diet :) good luck!

Hey,

Reading you message felt like you were describing me! Im 24 this year and I too feel the same.

We can do it!! :)

xoxo

1089418wbbu892df8.gif

Welcome to Mini's :) it's great that you're seizing the moment and doing this now, before you have any more years to look back on!

Good luck with the journey.

Hello and welcome! xx

Thanks for all the welcomes :) crazylilblondie-good to know that others are feeling the same way. Life is too short to miss out! Misscheeky/Becky-thinking about going back to weightwatchers as I'm familiar with it. I've lost some weight on it before so I know it works-my only problem is willpower!

All the best on your weight loss journey and good luck with sw, I remember making one of those lists out as well only mine is now a "bucket list"

Hi, good luck and welcome to minimins.

Back