Don't you just hate it when....

...when loads of people you know have been laid up with the nasty D&V bug for two or three days, and you have been feeling queasy and nauseous all afternoon. I'm hoping it is just my body reacting to the Christmas goodies after several weeks of healthier eating. I've been out for two Christmas dinners in the last week and each time have felt cr@ppy when I got home. Don't want to be sick over Christmas :(

when you think "Yay, it's Christmas Eve, I don't have to get up and go to work", but you realise that you've still got to get up because there is:

cleaning
tidying
hoovering
present-cooking
present-bottling
cooked-and-bottled-present-wrapping

[ETA - I forgot "knitted-present-end-tucking-in, finishing-off-and-wrapping]

veg-prepping
turkey-prepping
daughter-ferrying
friend-phoning
Crib Service piano-playing
Carol Service singing
Midnight Massing, and
Santa-assisting ....

all to be done before you can go back to bed again.

Actually I could post exactly the same think on "Don't you just love it when..." because I do love it all.

But I'm sooooo tired.

So maybe that's my "hate it": when you're too tired and full of cold to really appreciate a day you'd otherwise love!

Last edited:
JimofTroy said:
when you think "Yay, it's Christmas Eve, I don't have to get up and go to work", but you realise that you've still got to get up because there is:

cleaning
tidying
hoovering
present-cooking
present-bottling
cooked-and-bottled-present-wrapping

[ETA - I forgot "knitted-present-end-tucking-in, finishing-off-and-wrapping]

veg-prepping
turkey-prepping
daughter-ferrying
friend-phoning
Crib Service piano-playing
Carol Service singing
Midnight Massing, and
Santa-assisting ....

all to be done before you can go back to bed again.

Actually I could post exactly the same think on "Don't you just love it when..." because I do love it all.

But I'm sooooo tired.

So maybe that's my "hate it": when you're too tired and full of cold to really appreciate a day you'd otherwise love!

Hugs! It's all over again in a few days! I am working from 8.30am-9pm all 3 days, with an hour and a half break at 2.30, and still have to buy present for my best friend and the new man, and wrap all of them, plus the ones I've already bought, and deliver them-oh and try and see the new man who's been away since last Thursday! But again sadly there just aren't enough hours in Christmas at all x

You get a migraine the night before Christmas Eve, are severely ill throughout the night, throwing up at 5am and yet had to shop, visit mother, two brothers, more shopping visit sister, finally have lunch and need to start cooking the turkey! But I neeeeed to sleep!

And when you get a hug from your nephew that is welcome you burst into tears!

Shirleen said:
You get a migraine the night before Christmas Eve, are severely ill throughout the night, throwing up at 5am and yet had to shop, visit mother, two brothers, more shopping visit sister, finally have lunch and need to start cooking the turkey! But I neeeeed to sleep!

Hope you feel better soon and enjoy tomorrow,big hugs xxx

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

MinkyDinky said:
You get laryngitis on Christmas eve? Absolutely frustrating! And painful. I was quite looking forward to singing Xmas songs with my 3y/o nephew tomorrow. Ah well, always next year :( xx

Work out a funny sign language for the songs, guarantee you'll have more fun! But feel better soon xxxx

:( Feel your pain, I had one the day before yesterday thats still fogging me up now. Try and rest as best you can. xxx

When you are so, so happy, loving the Christmas feeling, looking forward to an evening in with hubby and a nice bottle of wine and one phone call from the old witch deflates you like last weeks party balloon...................

Shirleen said:
Work out a funny sign language for the songs, guarantee you'll have more fun! But feel better soon xxxx

Ah that's a brilliant idea! My mum has already said she will be making some flash cards for me so I don't talk too much so this could help too!

Hope you're feeling better too and migraine has shoved off so you can enjoy the festivities xxx

When you are so, so happy, loving the Christmas feeling, looking forward to an evening in with hubby and a nice bottle of wine and one phone call from the old witch deflates you like last weeks party balloon...................

Don;t let her steal your Joy! She can only do this if you let her! xxx

... when you are walking down the street and the person walking directly in front of you stops dead to read a text. To make things worse, when I bumped into her she gave me a dirty look!! Grrr ...

When the driver coming upwards you in the middle of the road because of parked cars, doesn't turn in when he's passed them! Just drifts in the middle of the road! What the heck do you think the steering wheel is fir????

gettingfitat50 said:
I hate that. Grrrrrrr

It's like people who stop to talk to someone right in the middle of the pavement.Why oh why can they not move to oneside.

Even worse when they take up the whole aisle in the supermarket to have their chat

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You're out on a first date, and trying to be on your best behaviour, and use the right knife and fork for each course, not mistake the finger bowl for some kind of consommé and even avoid eating the butter on the cheeseboard thinking it was some fancy Swiss cream cheese (oh come on! we've all done it), even managing to laugh enthusiatically at the other person's jokes.

Only to get home and look in the mirror and realise that unattractive trail of snot where you might have laughed a little too hard at that last joke!

Might explain why you exchanged mobile numbers and the text never came.....;)

Back