Don't you just hate it when....

Have you thought about a flat above a commercial property? Like a convenience store? We were in a similar position to you until we moved into our current place. It's above a shop, so the rents abit less, and the owner of the shop also owns the flat, and he owns it all outright so need likelihood of him selling up, he's passing the shop to his kids when he retires as well. We've even here 7 Years and as long as we pay the rent he's happy.

The downside is the kids outside on a weekend & the pub across the road.

That sucks jezzi :( hope you find somewhere soon! I wouldnt survive in london, im a country girl lol, and what youve described sounds manic! Good luck!

uunfortunatly the commute time can be even worse than the costs, I too live in Essex, an journey into zone 1, thankfully mainline only (C2C), and can walk to the office from the station so door to door 50-60 mins..... it's a bug bear, but depending where you rent, the lower rents make up for the higher travelling costs...
Hope you can find something suitable

DYJHIW you spend just over a week dealing with knee pain hoping it is getting better only to finally see the doctor and get told she thinks it is cartilidge related. I've got 2 weeks of strong anti-inflammatories and then if it is still sore I need to go back to get referred for an x-ray. Both of my parents have knee issues and I suffered as a teenager but had been fine since the early 90's.

I am feeling stir crazy, I was working towards my gold body magic award and really enjoying going to the gym 3 times a week and doing aquafit but at the moment I can't do that. :(

...bad things seem to keep happening to good people :(

DYJHIW.. my surgeon advises day surgery first to see how bad my problems are. He says its upto 18 weeks waiting list... Im now on week 12 an theres still nothing on the 'list' for me!! :( i hate waiting!!! (bare in mind its been over 5yrs of 'fixing me' so ive already been patient)

DYJHIW you have the dishes to do from a pork dinner...

aw, mega hugs hope you feel better soon. sometimes a good cry helps :)

It was obviously what I needed, the knot I've had in my chest for days has almost gone. It was the anniversary of my Nan's death yesterday and I think I had bottled it up instead of just letting go.

I've just busted a gut with Jillian Michaels too - great stress reliever. Oh and spent 300 quid online on clothes too :eek:

Back