Don't you just hate it when....

It's ok, I found a square foot of level floor in the end!

(plus I weigh naked so maybe not!!)
was gonna say the same thing about weighing outside! you made me LOL!! xx

Dyjhiw your weight has been creeping up and up since thurs.

Also, dyjhiw Darcy Bussell won't stop saying 'yah' after every sentence on strictly! Shut up!

can totally relate to the weight creeping up since wednesday - have been being naughty too! :/ xxx

Dyjhiw you have puddings you wish you hadn't.

Dyjhiw you are dissapointed when you asked your mum months ago if you and friends could stay at thier flat in London and then she drops in conversation tonight that she and her hubby may be there and you feel really cheeky but you want to say wtf?? but as you are all getting free acommodation its a bit awkward to say so even when she suggests that one of you would be able to sleep on the sofa.......

Your hormones are going mental! Thinks its this new implant :( cant stop eating (I've come to bed coz I actually feel sick from all the crap I've eaten!) & can't stop getting upset over stupid stuff :(

Also I've just found out my daughter is getting bullied for being 'fat' (she is chunky but not fat) & she wants to start being healthier. This has brought back all the memories from when I was in the same position as a kid :( also she is a ridiculously fussy eater so not sure what I can do to help & I know I didn't handle the situation well at all...

*Emsie* said:
What does your daughter eat?

Limited fruit & veg, quorn, pasta inc. tinned spaghetti, cheese spread, cereal & bread products (crumpets, bread)

Rest is rubbish - pizza, sausage rolls, chips, crisps, sweets, chocolate etc

I've even tried to take her to dr & all he said was that he would rather her crisps to keep her weight up than not eat at all - something she feels the need to tell me constantly

babybuffy84 said:
X factor returns I can't stand the programme and my Facebook fills up with status updates on X factor !!!!! Hate this Time off year for all the rubbish reality shows !!!

Befriend me I hate it too lol!!!!!

Limited fruit & veg, quorn, pasta inc. tinned spaghetti, cheese spread, cereal & bread products (crumpets, bread)

Rest is rubbish - pizza, sausage rolls, chips, crisps, sweets, chocolate etc

I've even tried to take her to dr & all he said was that he would rather her crisps to keep her weight up than not eat at all - something she feels the need to tell me constantly

I spoke to Dr about my sons diet too and was told not to worry!

Does she eat wholemeal pasta? Could you try and introduce it if not? Quorn is a good thing! Does she eat any meats/fish etc? I try and put my son good portions of these and the better carbs to fill him up and limit the crap he eats that way?

Unfortunately kids are cruel and will often find ways to pick on other kids whether its weight/colour/hair/teeth etc etc try not to beat yourself up and it doens't mean she will have weight issues just try and steer her in the right direction. How about a slight increase in activity?

Hormones are barstewards mine are all over the place too! Good idea going to bed I did that last night away from temptation! Big hugs lovely for you and little one xxx

Thank you X

I can get her to eat wholemeal pasta & bread etc, I also need to speak to other half coz she paddies for sweets & he gives in for a quiet life which doesn't help!! She dances 9-4 on a Saturday, dances 40mins on a Monday, swims 30 mins on Tuesday & 1 hour Zumba on a Wednesday so it's definitely the food that's an issue!

Kids are horrible at times & I find I take it personally especially coz my other 2 children having special needs & are easy targets to teasing :(

She wants to come to SW with me on Monday? She's nearly 7 so I don't know what to do... Don't want her to get obsessive about food but I do think SW way of eating will help her loads... Been a parent is hard when you can't just wave a wand & make things better :(

Thanks for listening - damn hormones!!

jezzi999 said:
How old is she?

Is it possible to sit her down and have an (age appropriate) conversation about how you feel? That you were in her position at her age, that you've spent x years trying to sort things out, that it's an ongoing battle? Explaining why you care about it?

It's what I wish my mum had done for me. She clearly had food demons and our childhood was shaped by what diets she was on and her moods ruled by whether she had "won" or "lost" each week, but she never really talked honestly about it all. Instead she wavered between feeding us whatever we wanted, and then when we gained put us on to diets she had devised. Her heart was in the right place, but we ended up inheriting her demons, and both developed eating disorders. Not because of her, but because we also invented our own demons and issues.

I know it's a really hard convo to have but maybe worth considering?

(sorry may be a bit of a controversial suggestion but just my 2p)

Hiya, she's nearly 7 & was always really skinny up to the age of 4 then she gained weight all at once but it's never really changed since then I that makes sense...

I do need to talk to her about it, I know I do just need to choose words carefully I think

& thanks for replying, I appreciate it X

jezzi999 said:
Could you talk to your C about free2go to kids version of SW... Just talk to her and see how you feel. Maybe she can give you a booklet to read and you can work out if it's age appropriate.

Yeah I was thinking that just didn't know if they were allowed to?! It's definitely worth a try X

jezzi999 said:
Oh minimum age is 11 but discuss with your C she might still be able to give you a booklet, or just some advice. She's probably been asked before xx

Cheers, thanks for that :) C is really nice so she might be able to give me some ideas X

She wants to come to SW with me on Monday? She's nearly 7 so I don't know what to do... Don't want her to get obsessive about food but I do think SW way of eating will help her loads... Been a parent is hard when you can't just wave a wand & make things better :(

Thanks for listening - damn hormones!!

What a minefield, my DD is talking way too much about her weight too (she's just 7). It's the one thing I didn't want to pass on to her, my body/food issues.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that my Mum took me along to my first slimming club at 9 years old - something I now wish she had never done. To be fair things were different then, it was a strict calorie regime, nothing like a SW plan.

How about getting the info from your C and implementing it the best you can with her, even planning things together at home. And as you say you definitely need OH on board.

Good luck x x x x x x x

M Louise H said:
What a minefield, my DD is talking way too much about her weight too (she's just 7). It's the one thing I didn't want to pass on to her, my body/food issues.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that my Mum took me along to my first slimming club at 9 years old - something I now wish she had never done. To be fair things were different then, it was a strict calorie regime, nothing like a SW plan.

How about getting the info from your C and implementing it the best you can with her, even planning things together at home. And as you say you definitely need OH on board.

Good luck x x x x x x x

Thanks for replying :) I'm the same I never wanted to pass these issues on to her :( she is very conscious of her body (she's a dancer, skimpy costume etc DO NOT help) my mum was the opposite to be honest, I was always big (mum skinny) & she would always tell me that I was fine which she is saying to daughter... Think I'm probably best talking to C on Monday?! Ill keep you posted how we're getting on :)x

Your exactly a stone heavier than this date last year,my own fault,but plan to start the new year a stone lighter!!!! 0:)

That's actually quite typical, I don't think they want anyone to go to post op appointments!
I didn't go to mine post hysterectomy.

Similar situation with my OH, he was discharged from hospital almost 2 weeks ago, referred to out-patients.......in bloody December!!!!! What use is that??!!!!!

yes its bloody stupid!!

I missed 1 checkup appointment in 2011. (i used to travel 4hrs to stay at that hospital when i married an moved with hubby to army base... as all surgery been done there , anyway) like i said i missed 1 appointment, as i had my son the day before!! they discharged me?! when im waiting for surgery... doh!

Back