Don't you just hate it when....

mrstore said:
Thanks! I've been to the doctors this morning and it's a really bad infection, possible perforation, need to go back in a couple of weeks and maybe be referred to ENT as its so bad :( got some antibiotics. Just wondering when I'll stop crying......

The perforation will heal itself, it's actually a good mechanism for getting rid of infection. The antibiotics will help.
I've had more ear infections than I can count, my GP loves to scare students by making them look in my ears without telling them about all the scarring! I've had three mastiodectomy ops and a choleastoma removal, I regularly get Mastoiditis (although this apparently is a childrens complaint), anyway what I was trying to say is, you'll feel better soon promise!!

Oh if you haven't got your prescription yet ask the Pharmacist about decongestants they help to clear the tubes which helps you feel better x

Shirleen said:
The perforation will heal itself, it's actually a good mechanism for getting rid of infection. The antibiotics will help.
I've had more ear infections than I can count, my GP loves to scare students by making them look in my ears without telling them about all the scarring! I've had three mastiodectomy ops and a choleastoma removal, I regularly get Mastoiditis (although this apparently is a childrens complaint), anyway what I was trying to say is, you'll feel better soon promise!!

Oh if you haven't got your prescription yet ask the Pharmacist about decongestants they help to clear the tubes which helps you feel better x

Ah thank you! You're lovely! Lol. I need to pop back into the chemist later to get more ibuprofen as they said that was the best painkiller. So far it's made no difference at all. Hopefully after a few doses it will start to kick in, fingers crossed!!!

mrstore said:
Ah thank you! You're lovely! Lol. I need to pop back into the chemist later to get more ibuprofen as they said that was the best painkiller. So far it's made no difference at all. Hopefully after a few doses it will start to kick in, fingers crossed!!!

I don't rate ibuprofen for ear pain, I prefer soluble for speed, try cocodamol effervescent, you may be able to take the ibuprofen alongside I can't remember.

Shirleen said:
I don't rate ibuprofen for ear pain, I prefer soluble for speed, try cocodamol effervescent, you may be able to take the ibuprofen alongside I can't remember.

I'll ask at the chemist later, thanks hun xx

yes, you can take cocodamol with ibuprofen. the ibuprofen will bing down the inflamation while the codeine and paracetamol remove the pain.

I hate it when my feet are both freeing cold and yet somehow sweaty at the same time. how feet? how?

When you thought you were being clever getting a sky+ box but can't upgrade your subscription coz the account holder (my mum) isn't home! Grrr

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

All you want to do is get a bit of cash out but the machine won't play with your card and keeps complaining that its faulty so now you have to go into town to withdraw some from the bank which is a 25 minute bus journey away and will have to wait for a new one to be sent out. Grrface.

Your supervisor has a melt down and decides that it's your fault (because you're not crying or being overly dramatic for no reason) and decides to tell hr that they aren't coming back in for the rest of the week.

This leaves me to do all the work, adjust my lunch hours, and also complete your month end for finance.

Get a grip woman!

you know its going to snow, and there is nothing you can do about it.

and your journey to work involves steep hills and the likelyhood of you getting stuck on the way in/out.

*need to check if i can get a lift on Monday in case its all snowy here!!!!*

Somedays you run round like a nutty and have no time or anything and then suddenly ur sat around waiting to go to class lol trying to stay out of the kitchen lol

[STRIKE]you think you've got a bargain, but then realise it's not so much... shhh nobody tell husband![/STRIKE]

then you realise you've been an utter numpty and got some sheets stuck together.

ok, to clarify... cupcake case wraps. very expensive bits of pretty paper. not worth it. paper doilies, very cheap bits of pretty paper. worth it. 1/3 of a doily border = 1 decent size cupcake wrap.
scissors + me + doilies = pretty cakes for squiglet's birthday.

Last edited:
When you want to have a syn free snack but nothing takes your fancy

When you see something with your Angel baby's name on in a store and don't buy it there and then!

Ellebear said:
you know its going to snow, and there is nothing you can do about it.

and your journey to work involves steep hills and the likelyhood of you getting stuck on the way in/out.

*need to check if i can get a lift on Monday in case its all snowy here!!!!*

I know that feeling! I don't even try anymore! I just laugh at the people who end up abandoning their cars after skating everywhere! Xx

You have a pregnancy craving for cadburys Philadelphia but none of the shops here sell it so you have to wait for your awesome big sister to return from llandudno (40 miles away) where she is teaching dance as you know the Tesco there stocks it and you've begged her to buy you some!

Back