Don't you just hate it when....

It's d day and you still feel physically sick from last nights choc fest! Agh!

Good luck Jenna, hope it goes well and most importantly quickly for you.

DYJHIW it's Monday morning again, seriously where did the weekend go?

I don't know this one - what's the rumour?

I don't know either Louise.Is it something they are keeping from us "foreigners" lol:)

DYJHIW you get on the scales for your weekly weigh in, you know you have been good, have even synned the glass of red wine that found its way into Sundays menus and grrrrrrrrrrrr you have STS.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, dam, booger, horrid and lots of forbidden swear words !!!:sigh:
:(

It's not a case of keeping anything from 'foreigners' at all-I put in my post that it was the deep fried jacket potato rumour-people like to go round saying that Wetherspoons pub chain deep fry their jacket spuds which send believers into a spin! It's been going round for years, and Wetherspoons have categorically stated that it is not true! It's just funny that every few months it comes back again!! If people used the search facility and there weren't umpteen posts about the same thing, then they'd read the previous response!! Lol! HTH x

It's not a case of keeping anything from 'foreigners' at all-I put in my post that it was the deep fried jacket potato rumour-people like to go round saying that Wetherspoons pub chain deep fry their jacket spuds which send believers into a spin! It's been going round for years, and Wetherspoons have categorically stated that it is not true! It's just funny that every few months it comes back again!! If people used the search facility and there weren't umpteen posts about the same thing, then they'd read the previous response!! Lol! HTH x

Chinese whispers?

To be fair to the people repeating that story, if they've heard it from their consultant then they probably will believe it. If it were a choice between listening to your consultant or some people on the Internet you don't really know then I imagine most would go with the consultant.

FWIW the subject of deep fried potatoes came up in group last week (not in relation to Wetherspoons I might say!) and one of the ladies at group who had worked in catering for most of her life said that she has worked for cafes in the past that would throw the already baked potatoes in the deep fat frier for a very short time to crisp the skins up as the potatoes often looked bit sad by the afternoon when they'd been sat under heat lamps for a few hours. So that could explain where the Wetherspoons rumour came from.

Apologies if I am repeating information that has already been discussed on here! Just something I find interesting :)

missy1978 said:
To be fair to the people repeating that story, if they've heard it from their consultant then they probably will believe it. If it were a choice between listening to your consultant or some people on the Internet you don't really know then I imagine most would go with the consultant.

FWIW the subject of deep fried potatoes came up in group last week (not in relation to Wetherspoons I might say!) and one of the ladies at group who had worked in catering for most of her life said that she has worked for cafes in the past that would throw the already baked potatoes in the deep fat frier for a very short time to crisp the skins up as the potatoes often looked bit sad by the afternoon when they'd been sat under heat lamps for a few hours. So that could explain where the Wetherspoons rumour came from.

Apologies if I am repeating information that has already been discussed on here! Just something I find interesting :)

I also had a baked potato in a pub (I forget which) that was definitely coated in oil!!! It wasn't even subtle!

Well, in keeping with the potato front, I'm pretty sure if this was the case, you'd know about it, as Shirleen has mentioned, I'm sure it would be pretty obvious, both looks, texture and that horrible greasy taste that becomes so off putting once you've been following SW for a while

Lol Jenna ive got a fridge full of choc AND hubbys choccy gateaux that I got him for his birthday and so far i am resisting but the night is still young for me arghhhh

What a good idea....ithe holes in the crotch though! Lol
My mum made me STAPLE the hem up on my school skirt once (quite effective though :) )

Lol ive done that before at work cos my heel kept getting caught in the hem of my trousers

When I first read it I thought it said head not heel texty! Ha ha

Back