Don't you just hate it when....

Try opening a can of mushypeas with a hammer and a screwdriver cuz your starving and didn't have time to run out on your break to get a new tin opener lol ......ps I've been off work all week :eek:p

you think "great" I haven't had my healthy B yet- I'm going to enjoy some toast!"

Then realise you had porridge for brekkie :(

Your oh has hugely annoyed you and has no flipping idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Flibsey said:
dyjhiw the flipping ring pull comes off the flipping can of tomatoes, your "proper" tin opener finally gives up its fight for life halfway round the tin and you then have to spend 20 mins trying to hack open the tin using your husband's antique (1880s cast iron) tin opener.
oh well. imagine the energy I expended doing that lol.

Try opening with a teaspoon.. Didn't believe it could be done but found out whilst camping and the tin opener went AWOL x

...the person your OH chose as the best man says no, and doesn't even say no in a nice way. Seems that blood isn't always thicker than water :(

...the person your OH chose as the best man says no, and doesn't even say no in a nice way. Seems that blood isn't always thicker than water :(

Jesus who says no to that, let alone in a nasty way!!!!!!!!

I know my OH dreads the thought of being anyones best man as he hates public speaking, but he's never said no when asked.

It was his cousin. They were close as kids, but since being grown up, don't see each other so much. But even so, he is proper gutted, and it has left a bad taste. If he had said "I don't think I can, as we aren't as close any more, but thanks for asking" or words to that effect, it wouldn't be so bad. But it was along the lines of - you never make an effort with me and never speak, so no.
It's made worse as he is estranged from the majority of his family due to things in the past. But hey ho, my dad only had his mum at his wedding, and had a relative stranger as a best man, and he still became a loving husband and an ace dad. :)

That's awful! If he's like that he doesn't deserve to be best man!!

Very true. OH is now convinced that none of his family will come, which is so sad. If we hadn't already paid deposits, I'd consider making it even smaller or going abroad. But that's because I'm spiteful and have too much of a "f**k you, you ain't invited" attitude. Oh well, it will pass :)

Tootz I wouldn't take it so personally, it's the cousins loss not yours and your OH's.

I've never been so offended in my life as I have been planning my wedding!

Is there a women in the family he can ask to be best man? I have been to loads of weddings were this is now the new thing!

Just realised I have had 15.5 syns this morning and no other food........WI today.....need to get over feeling sorry for myself and eat syn free for the rest of the day!

Tootz I wouldn't take it so personally, it's the cousins loss not yours and your OH's.

I've never been so offended in my life as I have been planning my wedding!

Yup, I am too rash for my own good. The show will go on, whether there are 100 people there, or 10. And I expect to be offended by my side too!

If he is after suggestions, I'm going to suggest he asks the woman he works with, or his daughter. She's only 9, but a break with tradition would be nice :)

Just realised I have had 15.5 syns this morning and no other food........WI today.....need to get over feeling sorry for myself and eat syn free for the rest of the day!

Erk! I'm sure you'll be fine later, lots of nice syn free things to munch on between then and now :)

Best men are futile enterprises anyway. They cost you a fortune and what do you get back off them? A crap speech!

Seriously, i've fallen out over all sorts of things planning this wedding. After a year of it I started saying "if you don't like it, don't come" and i've stuck with it since. Apart from the groom and my parents, I don't care who turns up!

He's adamant that he is going to ask the cat to fulfil the duties now :rolleyes:

I was worried at first that it would be a tiny wedding, but I am coming round to a similar way of thinking JVS - as long as he is there, his daughter and my parents, sod the rest of them. More buffet and wine for me :D

Back