Don't you just hate it when....

When you tell your friend you're not drinking and she goes off on one. WHY does it make a difference?

That does my head in too! Could it be that she is worried about you if she thinks its because of dieting reasons though?
I don't always decide not too for sw reasons I don't like hangovers, getting taxis and sometimes can't afford to drink so sometimes it works out better for me not too but there are people that think you HAVE to drink to have a good time or whatever.
I love it when people are shocked to see me getting into the driving seat as they think I have been drinking and I can say nope I can have fun sober too!

I shouldn't have to though, I just don't want to cause I don't like the way I behave. I think she's actually made me MORE determined!

I get the same I'm expected to drink and when i say no i get told off that I'm boring and i have to drink, or i get are you not drinking because of syns and making me look stupid....annoying cause when i do drink i always go off plan

That does my head in too! Could it be that she is worried about you if she thinks its because of dieting reasons though?
I don't always decide not too for sw reasons I don't like hangovers, getting taxis and sometimes can't afford to drink so sometimes it works out better for me not too but there are people that think you HAVE to drink to have a good time or whatever.
I love it when people are shocked to see me getting into the driving seat as they think I have been drinking and I can say nope I can have fun sober too!

Best feeling when you wake up fresh and remember everything from night before spent hardly any money, doesnt happen to me often but good feeling when it does lol

She might do Emsie but she knows that I constantly wake up and hate myself after a night out and I've explained that to her. Oh well, it's not her choice. The most annoying bit of the whole situation is...this night out has been arranged for 2 weeks. She got offered a new job on Wednesday. SO when I said I wouldn't be drinking/eating she started to act as if I was ruining her job celebrations. Uh no, whilst I'm more than happy for the event to double up that wasn't what it was arranged for but she tried to make me feel bad.
I wish I was a bloke. Life would be much less complicated.

Jenna my younger sis calls me a boring fart all the time - It used to bother me but now its like water off a ducks back. At the end of the day, your doing whats right for you and if they dont like it sod em. Emsie is right you can still have a good night without drink ive done it many times, its the company that makes the night not the drink

I agree completely, it's just so bloody frustrating. I'm not asking them not to drink and the dinner thing wasn't actually planned so that's why I'm not having it as I'm already out for lunch tomorrow . I actually text back asking did SHE not want me to go cause she kept banging on about it. She said she does but she thought I didn't want to because I wasn't drinking. In all honesty I'm not looking forward to it particularly cause I don't feel comfortable cause of my weight at the moment but it's worse now as I know they're going to try and pressure me tomorrow to have a drink and I know I'll lose the plot pretty quickly!

Could you take your car to wherever it is your going? then your not tempted to drink and you can leave when your ready if they get too much for you and you feel under pressure. You shouldnt have to do this but it might be an option. If shes a true friend she shouldnt question you she should be glad your going out to celebrate full stop

DYJHIW no matter how many times you've washed your hands you still seem to have chilli on your fingers when you take out your contacts! Second time this week :(

Oh nooo, I've done this so many times! :( xx

I scrubbed my fingers so many times but nothing seems to get it off! And disposable gloves could be an option, I just like to be able to touch my food properly, with gloves I'd be worried about not feeling properly and going through my fingers :eek: xx

Back