Don't you just hate it when....

The car fails its mot and is going to codt over £100 to put right nxt wk:'( :'(

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

Your OH decided to come to your hair appointment with you in Brent cross, it's at 9am. He's just got out of the bath and is turning on the laptop when we should be leaving in ten minutes! He's not even dressed yet.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

waterbabydani said:
Your OH decided to come to your hair appointment with you in Brent cross, it's at 9am. He's just got out of the bath and is turning on the laptop when we should be leaving in ten minutes! He's not even dressed yet.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I would have left him at home! :) x

Debridger said:
You go to get some broad beans out of the freezer to find it's been switched off for 2 days, and the equivalent of a full wheelybin load has defrosted!!!!!

Oh no! My fridge freezer broke a few weeks ago :(

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I'm gutted, made a pan of sweetcorn soup, saved some pigeon breasts that were still solid, the rest were a bit hit & miss, so didn't want to risk it

I couldn't cook and save anyway, as I have a fridge full of stuff already

The up side, is I wanted to sort the freezer, discard my pre-SW stuff, and start afresh.... I can now ;)

Debridger said:
I'm gutted, made a pan of sweetcorn soup, saved some pigeon breasts that were still solid, the rest were a bit hit & miss, so didn't want to risk it

I couldn't cook and save anyway, as I have a fridge full of stuff already

The up side, is I wanted to sort the freezer, discard my pre-SW stuff, and start afresh.... I can now ;)

Always a silver lining ;)

You go to get some broad beans out of the freezer to find it's been switched off for 2 days, and the equivalent of a full wheelybin load has defrosted!!!!!

Gutted :( That happened to us earlier in the year, fridge freezer died, so I went off out to the garage to unbury the very antique small freezer that we had but hardly ever used, but held stuff that we didnt have room in the indoor one for, only to find that it had also met its maker, some considerable time earlier... *boak*

....you let your stupid supervisor get under your skin and you sit in silence for 2 days? More to the point you sit in silence mainly because you know if you open it to her words may fall out your mouth that can't be taken back. Grrr. Home time yet??

....you let your stupid supervisor get under your skin and you sit in silence for 2 days? More to the point you sit in silence mainly because you know if you open it to her words may fall out your mouth that can't be taken back. Grrr. Home time yet??

I normally follow something like that with, 'did I just say what I was thinking out loud?' :eek::D

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
You have to wash up again because the kids can't do it properly the first time!

I once made Dort rewash the entire cutlery drawer! Cruel mummy I am!

When despite the excellent efforts you have made to cut back in order to mitigate the damage caused when you lost that £40 in Asda the other week, your husband announces that the car needs 2 tyres replacing RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE, which will cost, yes, you guessed it... £40. :/

Hello Square One, How Are You?

*bangs head on desk*

MadameLaMinx said:
When despite the excellent efforts you have made to cut back in order to mitigate the damage caused when you lost that £40 in Asda the other week, your husband announces that the car needs 2 tyres replacing RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE, which will cost, yes, you guessed it... £40. :/

Hello Square One, How Are You?

*bangs head on desk*

I wish I could get tyres for £40 I need two new ones £62.50 each!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Yeah, I'm not grumbling about the price, but then we do have a shed for a car, which we have to keep on the road coz we now live too far from the kids school to walk. It's the timing that is bad, I still have the vital bits of eldest daughters visit from Santa to pay for and actually, no real idea how we are going to eat, cover the direct debits for electric/gas and car insurance and the car tax at the end of the month. I could just do without any more stress tbh...

MadameLaMinx said:
Gutted :( That happened to us earlier in the year, fridge freezer died, so I went off out to the garage to unbury the very antique small freezer that we had but hardly ever used, but held stuff that we didnt have room in the indoor one for, only to find that it had also met its maker, some considerable time earlier... *boak*

Oh no - that's a double drat

MadameLaMinx said:
Yeah, I'm not grumbling about the price, but then we do have a shed for a car, which we have to keep on the road coz we now live too far from the kids school to walk. It's the timing that is bad, I still have the vital bits of eldest daughters visit from Santa to pay for and actually, no real idea how we are going to eat, cover the direct debits for electric/gas and car insurance and the car tax at the end of the month. I could just do without any more stress tbh...

I'm really sending some positive vibes here

Back