Don't you just hate it when....

Yep, same here. We have enough - I hope - until Friday! Just can't do any unnecessary trips. Evilpenguin's taxi service has closed for business ;)

I remember this happened years ago - what actually happened? Did we still have buses running? :confused: And doesn't it mean that petrol will cost even more because of the lengths they have to go through to get it to us? *panicking*

Emergency services and vital transport got priority on the supplies if I recall correctly. The army will step in and do the transporting if it becomes a prolonged situation, but at that point it is likely that the priority WILL go to the emergency services too. Once the easter holidays hit, which is likely that the strike will be aimed at, we also have the car MOT to get through, we may not actually have a vehicle to get the kids to school after the Easter Holidays...So if I didnt have enough transport related issues to worry about...

Oh crap :( that is worrying. If you do end up without transport I am sure there will be someone who can help out? A neighbour or relative perhaps. I remember our neighbours all helped out by driving us up to school in groups when the buses couldn't come into our village, can't remember why, I was about 7 so the memory is hazy, but there is always a kind person around to help!

Is it sad that I am a little excited about the army involvement? I mean, the army?? Delivering petrol?! :eek:

Yep, same here. We have enough - I hope - until Friday! Just can't do any unnecessary trips. Evilpenguin's taxi service has closed for business ;)

I remember this happened years ago - what actually happened? Did we still have buses running? :confused: And doesn't it mean that petrol will cost even more because of the lengths they have to go through to get it to us? *panicking*

I was on holiday in France that week it kicked off here. Had been kicking off in France the week before. All I can say is it was the easiest drive home I've ever had. Saw 2 other cars, both police cars all the way from Dover to Plymouth, motorway all the way!

Is it sad that I am a little excited about the army involvement? I mean, the army?? Delivering petrol?! :eek:

Not sad at all. My fella has his fuel licence and was used last time so he's fully expecting a call. I think he's gorgeous but some would argue. Some of his mates mind you (especially the PTI's) SWOON!! I'd pay extra for attended service!! ;)

DYJHIW you've been a total lazy bum for the last however long and used the same password for everything. iTunes, Minis, Amazon, Play, eBay, SW. Even my work sign ins! Everything except banking. I'll see you all in about a week after I've changed them all!!

DYJHIW you do something horribly irresponsible, ridiculous, and irreversible on a moment of impulse, and then you realise that actually you are going to have to explain yourself somehow, and really, there is no logical reason why you just did what you just did, so no logical reason can explain it. So then your head goes bang in a puff of lacking logic. But, hey, chilli cottage pie for tea, so its not all bad news...

DYJHIW you do something horribly irresponsible, ridiculous, and irreversible on a moment of impulse, and then you realise that actually you are going to have to explain yourself somehow, and really, there is no logical reason why you just did what you just did, so no logical reason can explain it. So then your head goes bang in a puff of lacking logic. But, hey, chilli cottage pie for tea, so its not all bad news...

Did you put a cat in a wheely bin?

Nope, and you'll all have to teeter on the edges of your seats coz I'm not telling.

And in terms of things that MrMinx would kill me for, on the basis that he's a cat lady in a man's body, that ranks much higher on the despicable things to do scale, although it would cut down the cat food bill by a sixth.

In other news, I have since fessed up to the aforementioned and he's suitably unphased as is usual.

Last edited:
MadameLaMinx said:
Nope, and you'll all have to teeter on the edges of your seats coz I'm not telling.

And in terms of things that MrMinx would kill me for, on the basis that he's a cat lady in a man's body, that ranks much higher on the despicable things to do scale, although it would cut down the cat food bill by a sixth.

In other news, I have since fessed up to the aforementioned and he's suitably unphased as is usual.

Epic fail on the gossip sharing front.

And to think MLM gave me a hard time for telling half a story ;)

My half story was nothing like this one lol

MadameLaMinx said:

This sounds like some serious juice!!

And anyway, now MrLM knows, we can know too, right?

Hmm, now, usually I am pretty upfront about things...but I could get used to having an air of mystique. Off to try and borrow a smoke machine and some sultry shades of eyeshadow...

Back