Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW boss throw their weight around and blow things out of all proportion.
On Friday I wasn't very well, I radio'd my boss, who was busy, so I asked via txt if I could sit in his office/which doubles as the CCTV monitoring room. Whilst I was in there, I had to go to the bathroom and was sick twice and nearly passed out. As I knew he was busy, I txt one of the other staff to come and help me as she is a first aides/first responder. While she was helping me, one of the facilities staff came in, and left again pretty quickly-she then went running to the facilities manager to tell him I'd let someone into Tony's office, and now I'm getting a disciplinary over it-due to data protection!!!! What an absolute p**s take! Im fuming-I was ill-would he rather i'd have been sick and passed out in reception! I don't know what to do-I can't afford to have any black marks on my file as I want to work in London at the Olympics!!!! :(

Dyjhiw your son gets excluded from school and you really don't know what to say or do any more?!:sigh: So close to the end of term too! aaaagggghhhh!

Been there several times:rolleyes: it's so frustrating, IMO excluding children from school is of no benefit to them, they enjoy being off school!

DYJHIW boss throw their weight around and blow things out of all proportion.
On Friday I wasn't very well, I radio'd my boss, who was busy, so I asked via txt if I could sit in his office/which doubles as the CCTV monitoring room. Whilst I was in there, I had to go to the bathroom and was sick twice and nearly passed out. As I knew he was busy, I txt one of the other staff to come and help me as she is a first aides/first responder. While she was helping me, one of the facilities staff came in, and left again pretty quickly-she then went running to the facilities manager to tell him I'd let someone into Tony's office, and now I'm getting a disciplinary over it-due to data protection!!!! What an absolute p**s take! Im fuming-I was ill-would he rather i'd have been sick and passed out in reception! I don't know what to do-I can't afford to have any black marks on my file as I want to work in London at the Olympics!!!! :(

How frustrating, on a positive note, you did text the first aider rather than another member of staff, so that must go in your favour. Was any data compromised????????? I do hope it all gets sorted.x

Happy Holidays said:
How frustrating, on a positive note, you did text the first aider rather than another member of staff, so that must go in your favour. Was any data compromised????????? I do hope it all gets sorted.x

No not at all! We all have counter terrorism checks and government security clearance anyway-so it really shouldn't make any difference!!!

Welshtigger said:
No not at all! We all have counter terrorism checks and government security clearance anyway-so it really shouldn't make any difference!!!

I would have thought a first responder would have clearance for all areas due to their role or health & safety would be compromised for anyone needing assistance, if 'Tony' had been in his office and called for help would they not have gone in then and left him to suffer? - I don't think so. You were conscious so could ensure data wasn't compromised. I suggest whilst everything is still fresh you write up minute by minute what happened, why and when, also put questions across to them ie my example above if it is appropriate. Good luck, don't worry, procedures have to be followed in disciplinary you can ask to see the policy to ensure it is followed - hugs xxx

Dyjhi when you get woken up at 8 in the morning by someone who knows you work nights and don't get home til 4 am on a day you have to look after a 1 and 3 year child for 5 hours. Really want to sleep but have to meet the person who woke me in half an hour.

My oh was excluded from school and was nearly put into care Wen he's was a kid, he was then home schooled.....he now has loads of qualifications and earns x3 as much as me and I was a school nerd. School just isn't right for some kids.

My oh was excluded from school and was nearly put into care Wen he's was a kid, he was then home schooled.....he now has loads of qualifications and earns x3 as much as me and I was a school nerd. School just isn't right for some kids.
Its really not right for him he is really bright but just doesn't like all the structure etc and rebels against it and causes chaos :(
Am at a loss at the moment as to what to do have thought about home schooling but its not an easy option!
Good news for your oh that things turned out well

Sounds the same as wat my oh said he experienced. Think his mum sed it was government run....but its over 10yrs ago now so it might not be still going. Can't tell you wat its called, and oh has just said 'i don't bloody know my mum just gave me work n some bloke came n checked I was getting it right' he still dsnt like schools lol some kids are just more practical minded then others. Schools seem to have gone all theory based futures from when I went to school and dont put effort into pushing trade n skills based careers. Can have loads of doctors n nurses....but they ain't much use if they havnt got a hospital to work in if you get wat I mean lol

That's awful! You'd think they'd have work!

They do get work, or at least they should get work to do at home. They are also supposed to not be 'out and about' in public - ie they are supposed to be at home and/or supervised by a parent/carer/relative etc.,to do that work. I can't remember the exact times, but I think it is in school hours - that would make sense. The parents should get a letter advising them of that. I presume it's a national procedure. (At least that is how it works at the high school where I work - from memory I think Emsie's son is at primary? but I would have thought it is similar)

They do get work, or at least they should get work to do at home. They are also supposed to not be 'out and about' in public - ie they are supposed to be at home and/or supervised by a parent/carer/relative etc.,to do that work. I can't remember the exact times, but I think it is in school hours - that would make sense. The parents should get a letter advising them of that. I presume it's a national procedure. (At least that is how it works at the high school where I work - from memory I think Emsie's son is at primary? but I would have thought it is similar)

My daughter was never given work to do & I know she didn't as I had to attend school every time she was exculded, I suppose some schools differ.

My daughter was never given work to do & I know she didn't as I had to attend school every time she was exculded, I suppose some schools differ.

I do feel exclusion is so that schools can abdicate responsibility. Not all children can handle school, and I feel it's less about learning and more about scoring for the school to the detriment of the child.
My son was clearly showing signs of stress due to pressure at school, yet the teachers kept phoning and asking if we had problems at home, cheeky beggars! I told them straight one more phone call and I will pull him out of the accelerated programme and he can catch up at College...oooh guess what? No more calls!!!!

Dyjhiw you have horrific doms in quads, then horrific period pains and to top it all off have to get up at 430 to go to work for a 14 hr shift... Aagh, roll on Saturday and my day off...

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Dyjhiw you have horrific doms in quads, then horrific period pains and to top it all off have to get up at 430 to go to work for a 14 hr shift... Aagh, roll on Saturday and my day off...

Do some firm massage on your Quads, I use a deodorant can and roll it firmly up and down the muscle, it hurts at the start but brings relief!

Shirleen said:
Do some firm massage on your Quads, I use a deodorant can and roll it firmly up and down the muscle, it hurts at the start but brings relief!

Yup this! Works like a foam roller would - they are evil but magical things! X

Shirleen said:

I have been! Unfortunately ot only provides relief for a little while. It's ok, I'm quite sure it'll be gone soon. The first time I dis kw I think I had it for about 5 days, made work very difficult!

Back