Don't you just hate it when....

Shirleen said:
Actually I didn't take offence and if truth be told I'm actually struggling with life in general I'm thinking I need anti- depressants again. However I feel it may have a physical cause and I'm trying to get up the bottle to ask my doctor if it may be this. But I don't want to come across as a google nutter!
Lol!

Aww hugs xxx I'm trying to pluck up the courage to go to the doctors for some but I just can't do it :(

DYJHI when you realise you are entering the menopause - feel like absolute crap and am tearful and short with everyone. Can I curl up and cry now??

DYJHI when you realise you are entering the menopause - feel like absolute crap and am tearful and short with everyone. Can I curl up and cry now??

Snap, I had a massive migraine last week which knocked me out for two days, that was the menopause & hormone related, I've also found I get cramp more & hot flushes, but hey it's a new stage in my life & one I taking on with a positive attitude.

Actually I didn't take offence and if truth be told I'm actually struggling with life in general I'm thinking I need anti- depressants again. However I feel it may have a physical cause and I'm trying to get up the bottle to ask my doctor if it may be this. But I don't want to come across as a google nutter!
Lol!

Go and see your Doc - that's what they're there for - to listen to 'crazy' females rambling ;) Don't suffer unneccesarily.

I was crippled by PMS for years, it got so bad that I often felt suicidal (no one would have dared tell me on those days that PMS doesn't exist!!!). My very understanding (male) GP prescribed anti-depressants and I feel like I have my life back. Don't waste any more time, go! :bighug:

When you finally get to the day you've been so looking to (friends hen party) spent weeks sorting outfit etc to be there an hour & start with gastrointeritis (son had it Thursday) in the pub loos, so bad hubby had to drive a 2 hour round trip to collect me then listen to me been sick in a bag! I am now tucked up in bed & very happy about it but I really should be downing shots & having an awesome time x

On the plus side my friend & her family were lovely & not at all upset about me having to leave even though I felt awful about it

**punk*~*star** said:
When you finally get to the day you've been so looking to (friends hen party) spent weeks sorting outfit etc to be there an hour & start with gastrointeritis (son had it Thursday) in the pub loos, so bad hubby had to drive a 2 hour round trip to collect me then listen to me been sick in a bag! I am now tucked up in bed & very happy about it but I really should be downing shots & having an awesome time x

On the plus side my friend & her family were lovely & not at all upset about me having to leave even though I felt awful about it

Oh no!!!! That's awful, poor you!!! Hope you feel better soon!!! My OH wouldn't have been able to listen to me throwing up without being sick himself lol

mrstore said:
Oh no!!!! That's awful, poor you!!! Hope you feel better soon!!! My OH wouldn't have been able to listen to me throwing up without being sick himself lol

We had Gastroenteritis as a family a few years ago, I was throwing up (and the rest), then cleaning up then I ran round the house making sure everyone had a drink then collapsing until it all started again! My husband still talks in awe of how I did it!!! But to be fair he was so bad he collapsed twice and I had to call an ambulance, then the GP!

Shirleen said:
We had Gastroenteritis as a family a few years ago, I was throwing up (and the rest), then cleaning up then I ran round the house making sure everyone had a drink then collapsing until it all started again! My husband still talks in awe of how I did it!!! But to be fair he was so bad he collapsed twice and I had to call an ambulance, then the GP!

Oh my god! Poor you!! Being sick doesn't worry me at all, i spent the whole of my pregnancy with my head down the loo -hyperemisis :( my son who is now 12 has only ever been sick twice, apart from the obvious baby sick, and he's never had a stomach bug with it coming out both ends at the same time. I'm dreading the day he does though......I'm thinking I shouldn't have said that lol

when your prof gives you an essay to do due on the same date as your history exam and you just can't stop stressing and relax :(

I also have freshly washed bedding to sleep in tonight n.n lushhhh

I've been there with feeling suicidal.
We were in Las Vegas and we were on top floor with balcony.One day I was on the balcony and looked down.Thought to myself what would it be like to jump.All these thoughts went through my head about how I wouldn't know how much it hurt as I would be dead when I hit the ground.As I was looking down hubby came onto balcony and started talking.I stopped what I was thinking and walked back in.
Every time he went out on the balcony I would stay in the room as I knew I didn't want to do it but felt crazy enough to do it.(if that makes sense).Hubby kept asking me why I didn't want to come and sit on balcony.I made an excuse it was too hot for me.
When we got back to England I sat searching on internet for hours about menopause moods,thoughts etc.

I went Dr and I had a blood test to confirm I was peri-menopausal.He asked how I felt that my years of having kids were coming to an end.I told him they finished 20 years ago when I was sterilised.So he offered me anti's I told him no I would go and do some research.
So I have been taken Evening Primrose oil with cold liver oil capsules,a vitamin tablet,vitamin d tablet,iron tablet and a menopace tablet for a few years now and these have worked for me with mood swings etc.How do I know?Because 4 years ago I moved and didn't take them for a while and had all the suicidal feelings,mood swings,hot flushes.
I gave up working 60 hours a week and just worked 15 so I had something to do but not be stressed over trying to do everything (work,kids,shopping cleaning house)I still get hot flushes but everything else has almost disappeared.

There comes a time in your life when you have to sit down and decide enough is enough.And I'm glad I did.It has been 5 years since I started taking it easy.Gave up work last year.Yeah I miss my money but enjoying the rest of my life is more important then running myself down into the ground.

Don't know where this has come from as I haven't had a drink.

Thank you for sharing :) What you have said will help someone I'm sure :) Glad you're ok now :)

Awwwwww what a shame I know how much you've been looking forward to your night out, I hope you feel better soon.

I don't think I'm menopausal yet but after a Hysterectomy it's difficult to tell.
Last week my "roseacea" flared really badly, so that people mentioned it.
From Tuesday for one week I felt life was just a black hole of misery, the Thursday was the worst day.
My Joints (fingers, hips, knees, wrists) ached so much that by Saturday I couldn't move and felt dreadful, was on painkillers every four hours.
On Monday I had a Migraine.

All these symptoms have subsided, can still feel the depression swirling round the periphery but not like last week.
This has been happening for years but only recently have I begun to connect the dots.
I don't believe I have Roseacea, I have a butterfly shaped 'rash' (It's more of a permanent blush stain), it doesn't get worse after spicy food, it's not bumpy, and Roseacea doesn't present in a Butterfly shape.
I would like to be tested for Lupus, as this explains my symptoms, even the anaemias. But I don't want to come across as a Google junkie, even though I've seen the symptoms in three friends first.

DYJHIW you get to work, and don't really want to be here because of the weekend you're having! I'm really struggling since we had our dog PTS and also things aren't good with the OH! I get to work this morning and the boss and the other guard won't stop going on about death and funerals and stuff(yes I am sorry that his daughter lost her baby-don't think I'm not-but I can't cope)
Have had to walk out. Fortunately we have a huge 3 storey, 3 section office block that I can disappear into for a while :(

Back