Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW - your old and well worn car is not worth MOTing, so you end up borrowing some money to find a "new" (used) one. You decide in the interests of economy to go for something smaller, with a small engine, and petrol not diesel. You hunt and hunt and hunt and eventually find the right car. Hurray! Its smaller, so its in the lower tax band for engine size, and a smaller engine size means cheaper insurance! Except it doesnt. We have moved. Same postcode, but sufficiently far enough to warrant them wanting £160 off me next month to pay off the policy. Which on top of the repayments I have to start making on the car, will pretty much wipe us completely out, and effectively removes the benefit of the cheaper tax for the next two years.

And then you find out that the tax difference is actually pennies. Owner told me on Fri that it cost about 70 to tax, when he rings to tell me its all sorted, hes put the tax on and it was £107. Its not a fleece, he handed me the receipts.

You change into dry clothes after being to the gym, only to cycle home in the rain?

Edit: to be fair it did stop just after starting for home, but there were some big puddles, which meant soggy feet!

Or you get wet going into the Gym, do your workout and then have to put your soggy fleece back on!

When you find out you have to do a presentation next Tuesday, and your boss hasn't even told you what you have to present on, and won't have any time to go through it with you until Friday!

... You're feeling awful and ill and stuck in work all day!

You really hate your job but have no idea what else to do?!

I still have the 'I've no idea what to do thoughts' I work in the Financial Services & love it, but I've just had enough of it all, the regulation, bad press etc, etc, I'd like to work in travel, I love research hols, love cust services etc, but when I looked recently for jobs in travel the pay was considerably less than I'm used to & I wonder if 'net is really the way forward, mmmmmmmmmm

What type of things do you enjoy, talking to people, sales, helping people, admin, what do you do now?

I still have the 'I've no idea what to do thoughts' I work in the Financial Services & love it, but I've just had enough of it all, the regulation, bad press etc, etc, I'd like to work in travel, I love research hols, love cust services etc, but when I looked recently for jobs in travel the pay was considerably less than I'm used to & I wonder if 'net is really the way forward, mmmmmmmmmm

What type of things do you enjoy, talking to people, sales, helping people, admin, what do you do now?

I worked in travel for 10 years, the life is great when you're single but no good for combining with family life. The pay is diabolical and don't even get me started on customers' expectations and their lack of basic manners!!!!!!

I worked in travel for 10 years, the life is great when you're single but no good for combining with family life. The pay is diabolical and don't even get me started on customers' expectations and their lack of basic manners!!!!!!

Is the money better in Business Travel? Lots of Travel Management Companies out there who are always looking for good customer service/sales people and the added bonmus is that generally you deal with Travel Managers and Directors, who seem to be the nicest lot to me :)

Maybe not as many perks as working for a high street travel agency though......

Is the money better in Business Travel? Lots of Travel Management Companies out there who are always looking for good customer service/sales people and the added bonmus is that generally you deal with Travel Managers and Directors, who seem to be the nicest lot to me :)

Maybe not as many perks as working for a high street travel agency though......

I was based in overseas resorts so dealt with Jo Public face to face once they'd arrived and not received what the Travel Agent had promised!!! Funny though, when I used to invite people into the office to actually call their TA they hardly ever took me up on the offer!! Can't believe I lasted 13 seasons.

Happy Holidays said:

I work as an admin clerk at morrisons it's so dull! I really want to be a midwife but can't afford to go to uni at the mo and my daughter is still a bit young for me to study full time. That's what I plan to do when I feel she's old enough, just wish I could find something else for now :(

Dyjhiw......you feel like crying :( having a pretty sh***y day, my grandma was rushed into a&e yesterday, our dog has spent most of today in the animal hospital have investigative stuff done, everything seems to involve money.....the car is out of action at the mo too - Arghhh!!!

Back